Need Help ASAP

ThatHawaiianKid
12 posts Member
edited January 2018
Alright so I need help with thrawn 6* and eventually 7*.

First off my abilities aren’t maxed out and I’m not level 85. Does these factors help get thrawn at 6* at least? If so I will work on that.

Now my my mods are between not bad and decent. So what are the suggestions on what to work on or look for when it comes to mods for each Phoenix member?

Gear level.: Majority of the members are G8, one G7. What is the target range for gear level to beat Thrawn soundly without a little to no issue? It’s hard to believe people beat with G8 but I don’t have maxed abilities so I can’t support that.

https://swgoh.gg/u/kaipoawong/collection/

Replies

• Options
    All my Phönix are lvl85 g8, unique and basic Omega and i just got 7 Star thrawn so it is possible for sure.

Mods with speed for all and potency on zeb.

I guess thats the lowest Gear which is needed but it depends on rng.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/alryix/collection/?f=phoenix

This is what I managed to beat 6* with. I can't beat 7*. I get all the way to Thrawn and by the time I actually get a turn Zeb or Chopper are dead or close to it. 20k damage on the Deathtrooper was only half his protections and he can do 15k a shot to Ezra so my team gets destroyed
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    Getting the Unique abilities maxed is key, but g7-8 is a bit lightweight for the event (at least for tier 7), so you’d rely on great mods and/or great RNG (so multiple tries). Tier 7 is tailored for g9-10. It’s possible at lower gear, but possible is different from easy or enjoyable.
  • Options
    I just got him to 7*.

I used Hera(L)g9, zeb g8, kanan g8, ezra g8, and chopper g8.
    Full omega on all save chopper. Chopper had only his unique omega’d.
    Mostly 5* mods with a few 4* and an average speed boost of +60 for each toon.
    No zeta needed. Seven attempts.

Yeah, rng heavy. My last attempt seemed almost easy compared to my first six.
    If you want it to be easier, go with higher gear levels.
  • Options
    You should be able to clear tier 6, but probably not tier 7 as i haven't found anyone making it without being level 85.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ez0ghul wrote: »
    You should be able to clear tier 6, but probably not tier 7 as i haven't found anyone making it without being level 85.

80 really, to omega the uniques. Being 85 doesn’t add much. I am 85 but I didn’t level any of my Phoenix above 80.
  • Options

I did it with level 81 and 2 g9 and 3 g8.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    1) Your mods are actually not between "not bad" and "decent" they're kinda bad. But that's not really your fault thats due to your lower level .

2) I never bothered to level my Phoenix from 80 to 85 until TB required them for a special and combat missions. I beat the event with Ezra g10, Hera g9, Sabine, Kanan and Zeb at g8. They did have omega upgrades on all their uniques which does require them to be lvl 78 or 80 I believe. I think without the omegas you definitely do need them to be a little bit better geared, however Chopper is actually better than Sabine so having 1 g10, 1 g9, rest g8 might work, although if you could potentially get more than that to g9 it would be safer.

3) Theres no limit to the number of tries you have at the event. Keep trying each time you gear someone up and if it's not enough it's not enough (Try more than once though cuz RNG). If you need a little bit more gear, try and gear them up a bit more. Best of luck and keep trying!
  • DarthDyna
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I found a guy on my shard who did it at lvl 77...here's his profile https://swgoh.gg/u/nightwanderer/

Seeing this gives me hope...and is going to drive me crazy because my guys are almost exactly the same, but haven't geared up Hera and Chopper to 9 yet (this weekend).

EDIT: Here's my profile - https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657 . I have 3 omegas to spend, any suggestions on which basics I should put them on and/or how my mods are?
  • Options
    Gear and mods are the difference here. Level doesnt hurt but doesnt add much.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    darthjeary wrote: »

Actually I disagree - I was trying 7* with my high 60ish Phoenix squad (g8/9) and getting smashed.

This morning I took the plunge and leveled all my guys to 80 and the difference is night and day - level 80 adds way more staying power and I can pretty reliably beat down one DT - hoping for some decent RNG and I should have it down pat (i hope!).

Thrawn (nor the DTs) can one shot my toons anymore...close to level 80 is a must imo...it also says recommended for level 80+ so levels must add something..I really really want to avoid investing gear in them higher than g9..
  • Options
    Levels add more health and damage dealing , as well I believe that there is a level difference formula that changes how the chars interact, I remember reading awhile back that level difference between chars and enemies effects damage dealt etc, Supposing that's true, level 80-85 for your chars will be much better to mitigate the difference in the formula .

Possibly @scuba might remember that post
  • Options
    Also try auto attacking the whole battle a few dozens times. Phoenix have that kind of kit that works on auto sometimes, and you can just check back every once in a while to restart the battle.
  • Options
    DarthDyna wrote: »

I found a guy on my shard who did it at lvl 77...here's his profile https://swgoh.gg/u/nightwanderer/

Seeing this gives me hope...and is going to drive me crazy because my guys are almost exactly the same, but haven't geared up Hera and Chopper to 9 yet (this weekend).

EDIT: Here's my profile - https://swgoh.gg/u/dae657 . I have 3 omegas to spend, any suggestions on which basics I should put them on and/or how my mods are?

How did he manage to do it? He has mostly 4* mods and most lacking speed, I'm at level 73 currently and G8 (5/6 on Ezra and a few pieces on the rest towards G9) but have better mods then him and i get smashed hard on the last stage.
  • Options
    DarthDyna wrote: »

How did he manage to do it? He has mostly 4* mods and most lacking speed, I'm at level 73 currently and G8 (5/6 on Ezra and a few pieces on the rest towards G9) but have better mods then him and i get smashed hard on the last stage.

I have no idea. I was curious and looked at the rankings then inventory and stumbled upon that. I'm in the same boat, but level 76 and Ezra is already G9. Closest I've gotten was killing the stormtrooper only, and that was only one time :/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

Actually I disagree - I was trying 7* with my high 60ish Phoenix squad (g8/9) and getting smashed.

High 60ish can't get gear 9. Some of the pieces have a level 73 requirement.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the help. Got thrawn to 6 stars.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Level difference influences the chance to land/resist debuffs. Maybe other aspects as well.