Need advices on set up arena team (upd lvl 78)

Black_SW
20 posts Member
edited February 2018
Have bunch of questions:
I am lvl 76 and running
1. Lando 7* g9 (L)
2. Biggs 7* g9
3. Wedge 6* g9
4. Boba 7* g9
5. STH 7* g9
And have troubles with Phoenix and NS teams.
Question 1. what is the best possible attack order of phoenix and NS teams with my team:
For Phoenix I did: kill Hera then Ezra then who they have as third leaving 2 tanks till the end. Is is right or there is better fight strategy.
For NS I am starting Daka then Mother then Asaji and then Alcolyth and Zombie. Still sometimes not manage it especiall if they start before me.
Question 2: I have chirrut and baze but both only 4* g6 I can gear them up bu no way to get to 5* fast. Is it worth it to try to push them in levels and change the team to wiggs (Lead) + chaze (who should be the 5th member then? I have those I listed and a 7* g8 Leia. Will it be better vs Phoenix or NS or those missing 3 stars are to much of difference?

I have also some 5 dot health mods but not optimal (not so much speed) unfortunately I am also short on credits and need to farm fast at Cantine the 5th light side ship pilot that I completely missed and now can't do Ackbar challenge for 5* Ackbar ship casue have only 4 LS good ships :( So no way I will get some good mods any time soon.

I appreciate any help on subject :)
Post edited by Black_SW on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7386 posts Moderator
    Options
    Baze is good even at low star. Chirrut is squishy, but have Baze there can help keep them alive. But you need to gear them up.

Before your Chaze is ready, you could switch to Wedge lead against NS because everyone will get healing when they hit and plague will fall off. A strat for Phoenix is sometimes to take out Kanan first so everyone loses counter attack.
  • Options
    Easy answer for NS is just switch Lando lead for Wedge. You have plenty of AoE and the healing from Wedge's lead should keep plague off you.

Bad news is that same AoE does not go so well against Phoenix, as I'm sure you know. Hera should be killed first so she can't use Back Up plan, if at all possible. If at any point you can kill Kanan it'll get rid of all the counters and make the fight MUCH more in your favor with all that burst damage.

Another thought it trying Wedge lead and abusing Phoenix's counters on STHan to feed you boatloads of TM. Wedge leads healing might help keep him alive long enough to get through a few of them before he dies. You have to make sure you don't taunt with STHan until Ezra & Chopper both use their buff wipe though.
  • Options
    thanks a lot. It helped.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    3 aoes against phoenix is not good. Sure you can use non aoe techniques but that's like fighting one handed without your best moves. To be honest I'd prepare another damage dealer ready to swap in for lando/boba against phoenix. Perhaps Leia or Ezra.
  • TheQwe
    27 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm currently running a similar arena squad, Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, STH, Ezra and they work extremely fine specially those auto heals STH gets with Wedge as leader.

I agree with Naraic, either Ezra or Leia should work fine. There are many times where I have combined Watch and Learn from Ezra with Boba giving me x4 attacks and killing any threat. I can't tell you about Leia since mine is only 4* G6.
  • Options
    TheQwe wrote: »
    I'm currently running a similar arena squad, Wedge (L), Biggs, Boba, STH, Ezra and they work extremely fine specially those auto heals STH gets with Wedge as leader.

I agree with Naraic, either Ezra or Leia should work fine. There are many times where I have combined Watch and Learn from Ezra with Boba giving me x4 attacks and killing any threat. I can't tell you about Leia since mine is only 4* G6.

Farm Leia up and exchange her for Ezra. You will be very impressed.

And then farm R2 and replace Boba with him.
  • Options
    Black_SW wrote: »
    Have bunch of questions:
    I am lvl 76 and running
    1. Lando 7* g9 (L)
    2. Biggs 7* g9
    3. Wedge 6* g9
    4. Boba 7* g9
    5. STH 7* g9
    And have troubles with Phoenix and NS teams.
    Question 1. what is the best possible attack order of phoenix and NS teams with my team:
    For Phoenix I did: kill Hera then Ezra then who they have as third leaving 2 tanks till the end. Is is right or there is better fight strategy.
    For NS I am starting Daka then Mother then Asaji and then Alcolyth and Zombie. Still sometimes not manage it especiall if they start before me.
    Question 2: I have chirrut and baze but both only 4* g6 I can gear them up bu no way to get to 5* fast. Is it worth it to try to push them in levels and change the team to wiggs (Lead) + chaze (who should be the 5th member then? I have those I listed and a 7* g8 Leia. Will it be better vs Phoenix or NS or those missing 3 stars are to much of difference?

I have also some 5 dot health mods but not optimal (not so much speed) unfortunately I am also short on credits and need to farm fast at Cantine the 5th light side ship pilot that I completely missed and now can't do Ackbar challenge for 5* Ackbar ship casue have only 4 LS good ships :( So no way I will get some good mods any time soon.

I appreciate any help on subject :)

My second account is 74 & I'm running:

7* g9 wedge (l)
    7* g9 old Ben
    7* g8 Biggs
    7* g8 boba
    4* g8 chirrut (question 2... I've never lost him on offense against AI. It always go after boba, lando (if im using him) or wedge)

I do fine against both NS (zombie or not) & pheonix.

For pheonix, my kill order is:

1. Ezra because he's easiest to take out and does the most dmg.
    2. Kanan... once he's dead you can aoe away.
    3. Chopper or Sabine depending on who they have.
    4. Hera
    5. Zeb

This order ensures a win... havent lost to them since i started doing this.

For NS:

1. Zombie
    2. Talzin
    3. Zombie
    4. Daka
    5. Zombie
    6. Talzin again (easier)
    7. Zombie
    8. Asajj
    9. Zombie
    10. Whoever the 5th toon is.

Without zombie, it's the same order but whoever the last 2 toons are.

Point is, talzin is nasty, but a dead talzin makes daka revive instead of stun & wastes her heal early so you can focus killing w/ minimal stuns.

Between wedge lead & chirrut... I currently have no issues surviving plague. That changes later on though.
  • Options
    TheQwe wrote: »

Farm Leia up and exchange her for Ezra. You will be very impressed.

And then farm R2 and replace Boba with him.

Sure I will give her a try once she is ready, thanks for the tip mate!

P.S: I'm farming squads for EP > R2 events so I guess at the end I will get r2 at least with 5* and should do the job, we will see in a few months :smiley:
  • Black_SW
    20 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    For NS:

1. Zombie
    2. Talzin
    3. Zombie
    4. Daka
    5. Zombie
    6. Talzin again (easier)
    7. Zombie
    8. Asajj
    9. Zombie
    10. Whoever the 5th toon is.

Without zombie, it's the same order but whoever the last 2 toons are.

Point is, talzin is nasty, but a dead talzin makes daka revive instead of stun & wastes her heal early so you can focus killing w/ minimal stuns.

Between wedge lead & chirrut... I currently have no issues surviving plague. That changes later on though.

If I get moves before Zombie taunts I kill first Talzin right or I should kill not taunting zombie to drop his turnmeter?

Also I have a bunch of additional questions:
    the team is the same: I am lvl 78 now
    Wedge(L) g9 Biggs g9 Lando g9 STH g9 Boba g9

1. How should I adjust speed mods on my toons.
    Should wedge be faster as biggs start with single shot so that after that assisting biggs he will hit on the toon with reduced defence. Or should biggs be faster so that he calls wedge first so that wedge apply def reduction and then Wedge hits with his aoe. (I guess it is about what is stronger base attack of wedge or aoe attack of wedge). STH is slow I guess it is pointless on my low level with sucky mods try to make him fastest, cause it still slower then wedge and wiggs. I can though try to speed up Boba not sure though if it will be better to
    2. Are these toons worth of pushing them go gear 12 or I should stop at some lower tier gear and try to replace some of them? If yes with what toons. I have Baze 4* g7 and Chirrut 4* g7 but as f2p with arena ranking 180-300 and fleet ranking top 20 (seldom 10) I don't get enough crystals to push baze fast (all I get I use for energy refill). I have also Leia 7* g8. I would like to climb a little higher in ranking but I don't know if it is possible. I still face mostly NS and Phoenix teams around. And sometimes teams like mine.
    3. If these toons worth of pushing to max gear what order of Omegas and Zetas would be best? I've put omega on Biggs assist for now, what toon should I omega next? Boba? If I put it on "Death from above" has "Ability Block" for selected target also only 80% probability? And what would be best first zeta. I started to do zeta challenge though only with 1 star, but I hope it will still give me some zetas till I hit lvl 80.
    4. I guess mods are very important right? I have no speed arrows of tier 5 at all and had no luck in farming them via tier 3 heath mode challenge. I guess I will need to do it further as soon as I get 7* on Wedge. Though I recently managed the tier 2 defense mod challenge and now hope to find speed arrows and in general some good mods with speed as secondary in mods store (holding 4mio for that). Or should I start farming mods later when I hit lvl 80 or 85. Cause I don't have enough credits for both. I have like 11 mio now and don't know if I should use them for mods or for levelling new toons for my arena team (or fleet team).

Post edited by Black_SW on