Big Spenders and Ally System

Amish_Ace
516 posts Member
edited December 2015
So we all know how much money people spend on this game but few of us rarely get to see the stats of the top few players. I managed to get to rank 4 and I just had to share and LOL at how much these 3 must spend on the game to maintain their rank.

http://imgur.com/UI3UmUX

If your curious about me, I continually drop to 50+ but with 5 attacks have no probs getting back up to top 20. At prize distribution I'm usually in the 21-50 bracket.

Lastly, who's idea was it to request ally of someone you faced. Don't know about everyone else but I continually battle the same ppl, and they continually battle me. Last thing I want is them as an ally honestly.
Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol

Replies

• Options
    Having them as an ally just let's you use their characters, I've accepted an ally that just bumped me down then went to the arena to reclaim my spot from them. It's not personal just part of the game and if their good enough to beat me their good enough to be useful as an ally.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Options
    They're not their. ☺
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Amish_Ace wrote: »

Lastly, who's idea was it to request ally of someone you faced. Don't know about everyone else but I continually battle the same ppl, and they continually battle me. Last thing I want is them as an ally honestly.

Yea... kinda dumb idea, I was like why the heck would I let my competitors know my setup!? It's like asking to be beat by them much more consistently... Like a Trojan horse really..

I actually had to go back and remove a few when I realised they were the ones that attacked me!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    You use the ally to get gear and 3-levels. Right at this time, In arena you only need to be in the 700 arena credits really, as any crystal benefit (the only reward that moves enough the higher up) will require you to spend 30 times the reward. With 700 you complete your daily tasks and have 800 to get two rounds of shards ,10 in total. Each week your chose char is one star higher roughly...althouhg the 7th star costs 100 and will 10 days.

If you are in the 500 tokens + the 100 rewards, it's 10 days per star and 15 the last star. Even if you are in the 300 tokens + 100 daily extra, you promote very 2 weeks, and then 20 days for the last star. Say you unlocked Sid at 3, then 4 stars to go:

Top 200: 1 month to 7*
    Top 1000: 45 days to 7*
    Top 5000: 2 months to 7*

There isn't much benefit of bai g in top 10, nit even top 1. The top 1 gets 1000 plis daily reward, a but more than 1100. Instead of a month to 7* a char at 3*, may be 23 days. After ONE week, you'll have the same char if you are top 200, than him. But you'll be overspent anyway: they will play Chromium, 400 Chrystal pulls every day, some even 800 or 1600 ...maybe some 3200? There are more than a 10 million millionaires just in China. They can buy ten $99 chrystal packs, just for the pleasure of unlimited SIMs. But their arena rewards gives the only a minir two week or month advatage. And since in the entire game the only place you are actually (pseudo) competing, is arena, then no need to rush or complain. You'll get there. At some point, it will become more about unfarmable characters that are huge synergies, and you will lose arena, but who cares? This is a collectibles game. The competition is fake because at no time during any part of the game, you actually compete against any real person.
  • Options
    Skye wrote: »

Yea... kinda dumb idea, I was like why the heck would I let my competitors know my setup!? It's like asking to be beat by them much more consistently... Like a Trojan horse really..

I actually had to go back and remove a few when I realised they were the ones that attacked me!

What am I missing that an ally can see my setup? They know your setup once they fight you anyway.
  • Options
    Nicks075 wrote: »

What am I missing that an ally can see my setup? They know your setup once they fight you anyway.

Nope if you chop and change your team, they'll be able to potentially pre-prepare for it. The thing is when you use an ally, you can actually see their leader's full power set.

Most player's light and dark side leaders are likely to be their most powerful characters, and thus likely to be in their arena team. Not always, but the point I'm making is the old cliche... knowledge equals power. You hear in combat situations, element of surprise. Never underestimate how powerful this is in any form of confrontation.

When I attack someone in the Arena, the only knowledge most people will have is their enemy leader's leader ability, they have no knowledge of anything else. However if they happen to show up as ally in a lightside or darkside battle, they could go and have a gander at their character, and make adjustments to their team to beat them more easily...

It might sound like a lot of work, but to anyone truly really competitive they will use any advantage they can gain.

So you can probably see my point, you might not do it, but trust me there are people that do!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Nicks075 wrote: »

Nope if you chop and change your team, they'll be able to potentially pre-prepare for it. The thing is when you use an ally, you can actually see their leader's full power set.

Most player's light and dark side leaders are likely to be their most powerful characters, and thus likely to be in their arena team. Not always, but the point I'm making is the old cliche... knowledge equals power. You hear in combat situations, element of surprise. Never underestimate how powerful this is in any form of confrontation.

When I attack someone in the Arena, the only knowledge most people will have is their enemy leader's leader ability, they have no knowledge of anything else. However if they happen to show up as ally in a lightside or darkside battle, they could go and have a gander at their character, and make adjustments to their team to beat them more easily...

It might sound like a lot of work, but to anyone truly really competitive they will use any advantage they can gain.

So you can probably see my point, you might not do it, but trust me there are people that do!

I don't disagree at all with that strategy, I think it makes sense but what I'm still trying to understand is you say if you fight them on a regular basis you know their setup, they can change it as you say but how do you know when and with who they change it with?
    I'm not trying to debate I'm just trying to understand, if I can get a look at an allies lineup they are using in an arena battle I'd like to know what I'm missing beyond using the light and dark side battles which may not even show their characters if you have a full 35 allies, or any guarantee they will use them.
  • Options
    I can't make use of most arena allies anyway because we all use Barriss Offee or Darth Sidious. :#
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    So we all know how much money people spend on this game but few of us rarely get to see the stats of the top few players. I managed to get to rank 4 and I just had to share and LOL at how much these 3 must spend on the game to maintain their rank.

I took a peek at the picture and you're lucky. I'm on the same server with WhipiT here in the forum who is a top slot player and he's rolling way deeper and he's not alone. Being F2P is tough in this game but it hasn't ruined my drive. I am certain I'll be able to compete with pay-for players who are wealthy and unskilled so I can still hold good placing in Arena so shipments won't be affected, which is the goal. Being number one is only chatter....