Team hermit or team wampa?

Prev1
I really want hermit yoda. I think he has variety and an ability nobody else has which could make for fun squads.

But

Wampa is clearly much more op and I’m having a hard time justifying.

What do y’all think?

Replies

• Weaver9000
    202 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm in the opposite camp. I want Wampa, but feel like hermit yoda is the most practical.

Hermit yoda has tags that could qualify him for certain events, he has obvious story importance, so if you expect a ROTJ luke, makes sense for him to be needed.

Game changers made some videos with Wampa, wasn't all that game changing.
  • Options
    Team both - I have Yoda 7* - working on Wampa now.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to strategy section.

I am going wampa to bolster my DS TB platoons..... yay!! no seriously, I want wampa to help with DS TB missions.
  • Options
    Yeah, i want wampa for arena, but i think hyoda will be needed for jedi luke.

Gosh, cant make up my mind
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Wampa seems like a fun DS character to me so I've been going with him. I need more DS toons anyways. Hopefully I'll be able to get both to 7* anyway, but I'm going Wampa first.
  • Options
    Team Hoda here!

Great for defensive TW Jedi teams. Almost certainly needed for future legendary events. Iconic.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I’d much rather have wampa, but I suspect that Yoda will be needed for an event. I will unlock him Saturday, and then decide whether to keep working on stars or switch to wampa.
  • Options
    Ive only heard amazing things about Wampa. Sadly, Im already committed to Yoda so finishing that off first.
  • Options
    Have hermit yoda, 60/145 for wampa, j want both!
  • GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm 9/100 shards for yoda and didn't even start on wampa. I don't care for any of them, I've got other priorities, but I'll still fInish yoda just in case he's needed for something
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Hermit yoda has tags that could qualify him for certain events, he has obvious story importance, so if you expect a ROTJ luke, makes sense for him to be needed.

I'm hoping when we get an RTJ Luke with a Jedi tag he gets some ridiculous synergy with Hermit Yoda. I'd like to see them be like the Wiggs, Chaze, or DT/Krennic type duo of the Jedi.
  • Options
    99/100 for Hermit. Going to start Wampa once I finish off Hermit. Not sure if I want to wait for another 2 weeks before the next TB achievement gives me 3 Hermit shards.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    99/100 for Hermit. Going to start Wampa once I finish off Hermit. Not sure if I want to wait for another 2 weeks before the next TB achievement gives me 3 Hermit shards.

i'd wait
  • Options
    Wanta Wampa
  • Options
    They both have uses in teams and I would recommend ensuring you can have Hermit Yoda 7* by august(that’s my gamble), because even tho there is no way to monetize hermit yoda, there is NO WAY he won’t be needed for jedi Luke.....even tho I believe the shot callers for who this game is allowed to use is under 30, they can’t possibly deny that any character in the Star Wars universe had more of a direct impact on turning luke into a Jedi than hermit yoda.

That being said, who knows the timeline...there may even be another version of luke before a hermit trained yoda, but don’t listen to anyone who tells you that hermit yoda will not be needed in lukes journey....that’s just insanity.

Full disclosure, I’m 13/145 on hermit and 50/85 on Wampa because I hate jedi. I will 7* hermit after I finish Wampa and before I go on a g12 equipment frenzy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    WAMP WAMP
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Hoda might be needed for Jedi Luke, but you better hope Jedi Luke doesn't have a Rebel tag, because Wampa will destroy him!
  • Options
    At 5* g9 speed 217 and L7 abilities, Hermie fails to impress. He may improve with omega on Master's Training and In Exile. With 100% evasion and near perma-stealth, I don't see much point to committing a ton of gear to him.

Wampa seems like a more effective unit, but I will finish Hermie first.
  • Options
    Maybe wampa is needed too for a jedi luke?

Anyways im going hermit.. Wamp has no tags and he wil have a counter in the future like everyone else.

But wampa is next right after!
  • Options
    PSA: It takes 87,750 Guild Event currency per 330 shards of either.

I'm sitting on like 37k because I have no idea, I think Wumpa would help more in DSTB the HY in LSTB, but it's possible that HY is needed for next Luke. That being said 88k GE currency could buy a LOT of gear!
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    It's actually 89,100 total currency to buy 330 shards

330 / 5 = 66

66 x 1,350 = 89,100

Wampa is a lot of fun to use, I will definitely say that much.
  • Options
    Thanks, that's what I get for trying to do it in my head. Just pulled up a calculator and you are absolutely correct.
  • Options
    I don't see Jedi Luke happening anytime soon, so theoretically as long as you're in a guild that does decently in TB, as long as Luke doesn't pop up in like 3 months, it's theoretically possible to have both ready by late summer if you start from scratch now
  • Options
    I have a 6* Wampa, and I love him. As soon as he was added to the store, I felt an instant connection. He is one gear slot away from G12 too. Running him with a zeta under Zader is loads of fun. I set my arena all time high shortly after adding him to my arena team. And just wait until he is high enough for raids! The only drawback to Wampa is he is useless for any events because he has no faction tags other than dark side and attacker.
  • Options
    I still think Wampa is misunderstood. Poor guy was just out shopping for lunch. Maybe he should be LS and DS ... depending on how you look at it :D

giphy.gif
  • Options
    why not get both like a few have suggested previously? I would chose Yoda over Wampa though if I had to chose
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be mean if wampa and hermit yoda are required for ep 6 luke event
  • Options
    Tyrael1701 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be mean if wampa and hermit yoda are required for ep 6 luke event

They probably will both be needed, in my opinion
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner