What if using Sabine, no Chopper

I think this guide is good if you're using Chopper. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/155008/this-is-a-guide-i-guess#latest

Generally speaking this should hold for Sabine other than no taunt from her. I have seen zSabine take care of Thrawn due to demolish providing offense and CC up for the team. I don't want to do that unless I have to next Wed. :smiley:

Right now, my Sabine is g8 with decent speed (190+) but not enough damage (< 1800). I will try to gear her to g9 but think that's not enough. Anybody has unlocked 7* Thrawn with a fairly weak Sabine? My roster is https://swgoh.gg/u/gulskivader/collection/?f=phoenix

I have 2* Chopper so that's not an option.

Replies

• Options
    BTW, all omegas are set...so zeta and gears are what I have left to enhance.
  • swgregoriou
    323 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I managed to get to the final stage using no mods and gear lvl 8 for all of them, not using Sabine and Hera as leader ofc as she is the only one out of them with a leader ability, but the final is too difficult with no mods, at least the final stage is

That is a really good guide though, thanks for the tips. it will really help with the final
  • Options
    use kannan as suicide then taunt as many time as you can amd give backup plan to fractured team take out opposite taunter and then start all trick definitely it will rely on rng but i guess you would win have hera zeb ezra 180+ its key to victory if others are fast well too good but g8 would win if you are unable to hit me on discord cooljinam#3395
  • Options
    Some people have done it with toons of G8, but if you can get Sabine, Hera and Zeb to G9 I think you will be fine. I beat it with Sabine (no Chopper) but it wasn't easy (because it isn't supposed to be easy for Thrawn). I didn't have any zeta abilities on them, just Omegas and not even all of them.

Make sure you have all cooldowns reset when you get to Thrawn. Take out ST, then the two black suits, then the healers, then Thrawn. Have Kanaan taunt and give HIM the backup plan (his unique causes the counter attacks, he needs to stay alive). Use Zeb to assist both Hera and Ezra as two straight shots from Zeb is almost guaranteed to stun them.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @KvotheQGBQG2
    I remember your reply on my thread. I appreciate it. But how hard is tier 7?
    I beat tier 6 with 3 stars but that was with only Ezra having mods. Others didn't have any. I'm using Chopper. All G8 except Zeb and Chopper were G7.
    I will get Zeb(the last piece for me) to 7* 4 days later, and then I can finally start working on tier 7. By then all characters will be G8 and some will have some more ability upgraded. And this time I will use mods on all of them, not just on Ezra.
    Do you think I will pull it off?

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala
    ^ that's my roster
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @Anakin_Skywalker @GulSkiVader

I did this with Sabine. G10 Ezra and G8 on the rest:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/kylekatarn24/collection/?f=phoenix

(I did this last time around, but I don't think I've touched my Phoenix in months except the mods)

If you want to do it with Sabine and G8, you absolutely MUST have your best offense/speed mods on Ezra and Sabine, and load up Kanan with Protection mods (speed is less important). Hera will need tons of speed too.

Even with this, it took me several dozen tries to get the right RnG. You absolutely MUST dispel the taunt with Ezra right away and take out the Death Troopers ASAP. If Thrawn resists Daze, Stun, or Stagger it's pretty much over as well. You need Kanan to Taunt early and get Backup Plan on him to soak as much damage as possible.
  • Options
    @Dryff , Did you move mods around because from what I saw, this team wasn't that strong???

My Zeb has 41% potency which I though might be ok. I may need to up that to apply daze/stuns. Also, my Kanan's health/protection are only 34.5K along with Sabine's less than stellar offense (1700) and CC (32%). I have to move mods around. I am able to use EB's flourish, but Kanan is not alive for long and Sabine isn't stopping the DTs in their tracks. I have a zeta ready which will help as everyone's CC and Offense will go up along with Thrawn's team with lower defense but will use the next week to move mods around and hope for good RNG.
  • Options
    I struggled with the thrawn event, been using chopper but i decided why not swap him for sabine and on the first try i managed to do it with really low team.
    Every phoenix character was G8 expect Sabine, she was only G7
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    @GulSkiVader Yes, I was using Arena mods (+80 or more speed on every character). I have since removed the mods.

@Kleinedanke I would say this isn't typical at all :)
  • Options
    I’ve tried about 45 times between last event and this. I have all at level 84, gear 8. I have Zeb and Hera with my best speed mods. Zeb with best potency. Kanan protected as good as I can get him. Ezra and Sabine as good on attack damage as I can get. I almost never even take out two troopers on final level. I’m clearly doing something wrong.
  • Options
    @ObiJuanPollo and all, I did it but it was all RNG. Been frustrating and all the hype you read about unlocking 7* Thrawn is true...RNG was good to me. I did it with same team I started this event with. I was getting ready to g11 Ezra or use a zeta on him or Sabine but didn't have to. The variance from being destroyed by the DTs and Thrawn to essentially 1* (Ezra/Sabine left) the effort is crazy wide but I'll take it and run. I also read a strategy about allowing the officer shoot your toon in order to counter into the 4th wave seems good as you keep your TM...however it didn't play into my victory. I think you can strategize it all but when it's your time, then RNG will show the way.

Of course your toons must be up to snuff. I have good speed on most of my team. I am not changing the mods for a while but I'll state some stats that might help others.
    1. EB: g10, 190 Speed, 42K H/P, 2389 Damage, 42.43% CC
    2. Sabine: g8, 193 S, 21.6 H/P, 1716 D, 38.01% CC
    3. Zeb: g8, 156 S, 31.6K H/P, 1847 D, 44.97% CC, also 180% CD, 41.66% Potency
    4. Kanan: g8, 152 S, 34.5K H/P, 1773 D, 39.7% CC, 186% CD
    5. Hera: g8, 152 S, 23.5K H/P, 1699 D, 41.1% CC, 50.69% Tenacity

I think Sabine has to have more offense. I don't think speed really is that much of a key factor as I've seen others with minimal speed increase (no +30) do it. I think Zeb could have more potency as well. I think Ezra and Hera are good as they are. Just my thoughts and good luck to all.

If you do zeta Sabine, it's a huge CC and Offense up for the team plus the lowered D on Thrawn and all. This was my plan if it was Wed night.

I had Thrawn at 6* with g12 gear waiting and found out that one of the gears requires g12 so it can be used... Anyway, I will g12 soon as I need to complete a MK 5 Stun Gun....which I'll gladly wait for.
  • Options
    @BalecGonJinn , make sure to keep your specials loaded for wave 4. Don't use them in wave 3. All cooldowns must be reset.

@Kleinedanke , as @Dryff states, you really were blessed by RNG...no one does that especially Sabine g7.
  • Options
    @ObiJuanPollo , oh I know. Ever since I got him @6*, and he's totally viable in my arena. I zetaed Ebb and Flow and enjoying the fractures/counters. He's awesome and now G12 coming up once I get the last 20 Mk 5 Stun Guns. He's also extended zVader's life so I run zVader as lead. If not for Thrawn, I don't see how zVader can work. I have heard that Sith Assassin may help but thats a long farm. I do have her at 5*...we'll see if I keep at it.
  • Options
    I’m at 100 tries. I even was able to improve mods and still nothing. I have all abilities ready whe I get to last tier. I’m seriously sick of trying. Will star, level and gear Chopper I guess. More gear on rest of squad between now and then. Guess I’ll try again next time.
  • Options
    @BalecGonJinn , if you send me your swgoh link I can take a look and make recommendations on mods. From your earlier post, I'd say that it looks good enough so only mods may help at this point. Of course if you can get just 1 of them to g9, that would be helpful. You can message me direct if needed or else through here. I've read a lot about the unlocking 7* for months but in the end as I stated earlier, it's RNG if you don't have the Phoenix higher geared or zetaed. Your time will come.
  • Options
    @BalecGonJinn and all, I was reading another Thrawn thread when I realized I left 1 "random" move I made that got me the final piece. This is ridiculous but I have also performed this move when GW was hard. Generally speaking, I positioned my team before battle with Leader (of course), then next powered toon to weakest. Other times I put my attackers 1st, then support. The time that I won, I think I swapped and put support after leader then attackers. It's crazy but it seems to be yet another variable in RNG...take this with a grain of salt but it worked for me.
  • Options
    @KvotheQGBQG2
    I beat tier 6 with 3 stars but that was with only Ezra having mods. Others didn't have any. I'm using Chopper. All G8 except Zeb and Chopper were G7.
    I will get Zeb(the last piece for me) to 7* 4 days later, and then I can finally start working on tier 7. By then all characters will be G8 and some will have some more ability upgraded. And this time I will use mods on all of them, not just on Ezra.

^ that's my roster

How did you make out, Mr. Amidala? I see you have 6*, will you get to 7*?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @KvotheQGBQG2

^ that's my roster

How did you make out, Mr. Amidala? I see you have 6*, will you get to 7*?

yeah probably. I will see after 12 hrs from now. That's when I get Zeb and be qualified for t7.

Edit: It was rough, but I got him haha!
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Options
    I can’t post my swgoh since it has my real name, can’t figure how to change it
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Just beat it after roughly 50 attempts using Sabine. Here was the squad:

G10 Ezra (204 speed, Offense and Crit Chance set with Crit Dmg triangle)
    Rest: G8, +60 speed on each roughly, all abilities Omega'ed, no zetas. Potency cross on Zeb, Protection primaries on Kanan.

Some notes on the RnG when using Sabine:
    -If Zeb gets fractured, it's GG. If Hera gets fractured, it's GG. If Ezra gets fractured, it's probably GG. Ideally, Thrawn fractures Sabine (and she survives) then you Taunt with Kanan who should have Backup Plan on him. In the run I beat it, Kanan taunted and ate the first fracture. If this happens, you just have to hope they spread damage around and don't focus any one character (I would say about a dozen times they killed Hera or Zeb, and it's GG).
    -If you miss once (as Ezra's flourish or Sabine's Darksaber Strike tend to do), it's GG - especially with Flourish and Zeb's basic. A single miss changes the fight from 3-4 characters left on just Thrawn to not even killing the Death Troopers.
    -If Zeb gets dazed, it's probably GG. You have to keep Zeb alive.
    -If Thrawn resists any staggers or dazes in the early fight, it's probably GG.
    -If you get unlucky on counter chances early in the fight, it's GG (especially with Kanan and Zeb).
    -You should use Zeb's retribution ability on Ezra (probably on Zeb's first turn). You need these two at 100% counter chance, and you need to hope that Thrawn targets Zeb once or twice.
  • Options
    I got close. Down to Ezra vs Thrawn. I’ve added gear but not increased a level yet.
  • Options
    @Dryff , I like your observations. Congrats. I didn't have anything close to your speed though I did have speed primaries. I may not have has as much on secondaries. Even though I had a g10 EB, I don't think my team is overly strong at 67.5K GP.

The Phoenix inherently counter from Hera's leadership to share Kanan's counterattack. Zeb also provides protection so that helps as well.
  • BowTiesAreCool
    58 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I used no erza. Only omegas were uniques and hera’s leader. All gear 8, only Hera gear 9. Saving armor shred and Hera calling her to assist killed things fast.
    Got him third attempt after I realized Sabine canon was key.
  • Options
    Sigh....still no 7th star...I even maxed out mods, levels and added gear parts...most likely its user error at this point...