The rebels didn't win the battle of Hoth....

David82d
2 posts Member
edited January 2018
They escaped they didn't win. Apparently that was forgotten when DS TB was developed. If the rebels were that strong during the battle it would have been a wash the other way and not considered a Galactic Empire victory.

Mods are fine, I do ok, just think there is a balance issue. Especially with special missions. But whatevs.

Replies

• Options
    You're right. The Rebels didn't win the battle of Hoth. And Rey never fought alongside General Kenobi. And Thrawn never fought alongside Luke Skywalker. And Grievous slaughtered the Nightsisters. And so on, and so forth.

This game is not a reproduction of the movies or TV shows. It's just ... not.

Also, what exactly would you like to have 'balanced'? And, what would you balance it against?

Why isn't it ok that there is some content that can't simply be auto'd (yet)?
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    You're right. The Rebels didn't win the battle of Hoth. And Rey never fought alongside General Kenobi. And Thrawn never fought alongside Luke Skywalker. And Grievous slaughtered the Nightsisters. And so on, and so forth.

This game is not a reproduction of the movies or TV shows. It's just ... not.

Also, what exactly would you like to have 'balanced'? And, what would you balance it against?

Why isn't it ok that there is some content that can't simply be auto'd (yet)?

Nah, NS can auto through it. But, they got you with that one, ha! See, you ALSO need NS in the platoons. But, I OUTWITTED them. See, if we just don't pay for the 5 KRU's needed - then there's no sense in me putting my MT and Zombie in the platoon and SO, I CAN Auto.

And that, my friends, is balance.
    balance.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    What AnnerDoon said is right.

On a side note - you view it as "The Rebels didn't win" which isn't correct. The Empire was the one pressing the attack and it was their goal to wipe the Rebels out. They failed so therefore they lost.
  • Options
    Ok fair enough. Why not align the rebel TB the same way? To me the special missions on the rebel side take far less beefier teams to complete as opposed to the empire side. Just my opinion. I'm just struggling to figure out why the rebel side isn't the harder TB.

And the empire effectively wiped out the base on Hoth. Not a bad day. Of course the key players got away.