This is probably the most unpopular thing i will post

2Next

Replies

• Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    snarzenal wrote: »
    There’s a lot of people that take a fairy tale meant for 12 year olds, way too seriously.

Says the guy using words he doesn't actually understand in an attempt to sound like an authority on a subject meant for 12 year olds.

I didn’t say it. George and Kathleen have, repeatedly.

• Options
    There’s a lot of people that take a fairy tale meant for 12 year olds, way too seriously.

Says the guy using words he doesn't actually understand in an attempt to sound like an authority on a subject meant for 12 year olds.

I didn’t say it. George and Kathleen have, repeatedly.

Ok, let me rephrase that to - Says the guy who uses other peoples words that he doesn't understand in an attempt to sound like an authority on a subject meant for 12 year olds.
  • snarzenal
    316 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh I see, you’re a troll.

If you want a conversation, you need to state your opinions and not just, “no, you’re wrong.”

I will move along, this is not the conversation I’m looking for.
  • Options
    Oh I see, you’re a troll. Or a kid.

An adult knows if you want a conversation, you need to state your opinions and not just, “no, you’re ****”.

I will move along, this is not the conversation I’m looking for.

I'm neither, but nice labelling to try and save face. It's always a safe bet to label someone a troll or child when your own flaws are exposed.

You didn't express an opinion. You stated two things that were fundamentally 100% wrong.

"Based on the standard literacy structure, Luke is a Mary Sue" is just wrong. That's not an opinion, it's just simply wrong. Like is subjective but the standard literacy structure has zero to do with it.

You then said that all heroes in fairy tales were Mary Sue by "design". Again 100% not true, not opinion, just not true.

Your next response is to insult everyone having a debate with the worn and embarassing cliche of "taking a 12 year old story seriously" followed by using Lucas and Kennedy as some sort of basis to back up what you said even though it doesn't relate to "standard literacy structure" (btw, the proper term is narrative structure, but I'm sure those 3 words felt like they belonged together) or have anything to do with how fairy tales are "designed".

• Options
    Um Guys OP here: You re only allowed to use information from the OT that could be derived from the movie for Luke, and you can only use Ep 1 to 8 for Rey. Unless u only started to Like Luke after you read the outside material.
  • Options
    You're so unpopular now that even Jason Biggs won't notice you.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Um Guys OP here: You re only allowed to use information from the OT that could be derived from the movie for Luke, and you can only use Ep 1 to 8 for Rey. Unless u only started to Like Luke after you read the outside material.

Neither are a Mary Sue in the true sense of the phrase. Rey is just much more underdeveloped than Luke was. She hasn't had to deal with the same hardship, and the hardship she has dealt with we really haven't had a chance to see. At no point has Rey been made to look vulnerable and the few times she had the opportunity to show vulnerability (the times she was captured) she was still presented as strong.

Long story short, the term Mary Sue has been generalized to the point where people throw it around because it's a quick label and we live in a society of quick and convenient labels. To me she's not a Mary Sue, just underdeveloped.

However, if you HAD to choose between Luke and Rey I couldn't go passed Rey. Luke was shown to have more character flaws, more vulnerability and because of that (and the better pacing of the OT) his journey seems longer and morw earned. Again though, this is not the fault of Rey's as much as it is the fault of the mile a second all style and little substance scripts of the later films.
  • Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Neither are a Mary Sue in the true sense of the phrase. Rey is just much more underdeveloped than Luke was. She hasn't had to deal with the same hardship, and the hardship she has dealt with we really haven't had a chance to see. At no point has Rey been made to look vulnerable and the few times she had the opportunity to show vulnerability (the times she was captured) she was still presented as strong.

Long story short, the term Mary Sue has been generalized to the point where people throw it around because it's a quick label and we live in a society of quick and convenient labels. To me she's not a Mary Sue, just underdeveloped.

However, if you HAD to choose between Luke and Rey I couldn't go passed Rey. Luke was shown to have more character flaws, more vulnerability and because of that (and the better pacing of the OT) his journey seems longer and morw earned. Again though, this is not the fault of Rey's as much as it is the fault of the mile a second all style and little substance scripts of the later films.

Thanks, you saved me from having to say all that.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu