Arena Ranking: Musical Chairs

The way Arena is doesn’t seem to help those that are good enough to take top 5, but work and can’t mindlessly stay in their Phone app to stop being sniped.

Either allow the user to choose the hour on when they want their payout to occur or give someone the rank if they have gotten that rank inside 24 hours.

Example I work all day until 7pm. My payout is 6pm. If before I go to work I get 1st place as my best rank, those are the rewards I get. Don’t punish a player because they are unavailable at a time payout is available and others aren’t doing anything at the time so they can place higher. Makes zero sense. Quit playing musical chairs with out ranking. As long as we get that place sometime in the 24 hour window then that’s what our rewards should be!!!

Replies

• Options
    The way Arena is doesn’t seem to help those that are good enough to take top 5, but work and can’t mindlessly stay in their Phone app to stop being sniped.

Either allow the user to choose the hour on when they want their payout to occur or give someone the rank if they have gotten that rank inside 24 hours.

Example I work all day until 7pm. My payout is 6pm. If before I go to work I get 1st place as my best rank, those are the rewards I get. Don’t punish a player because they are unavailable at a time payout is available and others aren’t doing anything at the time so they can place higher. Makes zero sense. Quit playing musical chairs with our ranking. As long as we get that place sometime in the 24 hour window then that’s what our rewards should be!!!
  • Options
    This def need to be in a QoL change for sure. One way or another. Give me the best rank I got in a 24 hour period. Or allow me to choose my payout time so I can actually play the game and try to get good rewards. Don’t handcuff me to a time I can’t actually play the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    These posts are turning into the new "when is cls coming back". Use the search button and stop making the same posts as 30 other people. Btw they're not going to give you the capability to move your payout so just move on and enjoy the game as is.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    They're also not going to reward your highest point reached in 24 hours because they would have to pay out a ton more crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    They're also not going to reward your highest point reached in 24 hours because they would have to pay out a ton more crystals.

You mean they don't want to pay 20 people rank 1 rewards? Lol. I for one am shocked.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    They already pay 24 people rank 1 rewards in each shard (one per payout time zone)...unless there's a few empty time zones. I don't have a globe in front of me and I'm too lazy to go interneting for one.

They pay 20-24 people per shard, they don't want to pay hundreds more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That was my poorly explained point
  • Options
    They already pay 24 people rank 1 rewards in each shard (one per payout time zone)...unless there's a few empty time zones. I don't have a globe in front of me and I'm too lazy to go interneting for one.

Last I checked, there were 30++ distinct time zones. For example India is XX.30.
  • Shenanigans052
    1681 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Actually they don't even payout that many. I'd be highly suprised if there happened to be a single person from every time zone within reach of first and on top of that take the rank every day before payout. Based on my shard discord there's probably only a chance for 7 different rank 1 payouts and that likely would only happen with perfect execution of rotating.
  • Options
    This has been spoken of many times before, if they gave you rank 1 prizes for getting to rank 1 in any 24 hrs, it would damage the income for crystal purchases, and is therefore a non starter.
  • Options
    People would also start arranging it so that top 20 or so would get rank 1 prizes. They won't want to do that
  • gabor
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This has already been submitted to ea. You can support this by clicking "me too": https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Please-let-us-choose-our-arena-and-fleet-payout-times/m-p/6583825
  • Options
    Yeah, the system is not that great. A conspiracy probably is in place on many shards already so those with different payout times stay in 1st for their payout. Once they are paid, someone else can battle them for the top reward.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    We need more of these threads.