You've unleashed the thrawns,why

newbornFL
483 posts Member
edited January 2018
Before thrawn: hitting top 10 in PVP fleet arena for 5 months consecutively.

Now: Barely struggling top 20

You just had to release thrawn chimera...

The empire still doesn't get anything...

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    I fail to see your argument.. thrawn is empire?
  • Options
    Yeah but everybody can get thrawn if they have light side ships and home one.

I've been farming empire since day 1. Just started on some light side ships.

Massive flood of thrawn in top 20 since he's relased.
  • Options
    October called they want their post back
  • Options
    Right, it's not the first time his event has ran, you could have seen his requirements and worked towards it.. tarkin is still a great fleet commander as well
  • Options
    nothing beats chimera .
  • Options
    Debatable. My top 50 does have alot of chimaera, but there's sti l 12 tarkins, 6 ackbar, and 4 or 5 mace ships.. so other teams can still hold up
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    nothing beats chimera .

That's weird, why is my Executrix doing it every day? Must be a bug or something.

Anyway, the premise of this thread is silly. Apparently you want this game to be static with no new or returning content ever released. Good luck with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    because you have a bad shard.

In my shard everyone is 400.000 +
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wrong Post Whoopsie
  • ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Debatable. My top 50 does have alot of chimaera, but there's sti l 12 tarkins, 6 ackbar, and 4 or 5 mace ships.. so other teams can still hold up

Even in developed fleet shards most players didn't focus on ships much until crystals. You had maybe 10 to 20 people really putting effort and/or money into them.

So, the top 50 in my shard has over 50% non-Chimaera... but the top 10 is 100% Chimaera. What's the capital ship composition of your top 10? Those top 10 players are going to have the ships and options to run any number of compositions... what are they choosing to run?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i just looked at your swgoh.gg profile, if you were getting top20, you're on a weak shard yourself. @TVF has a better fleet than you've got.
    anyway, you could have seen this comming. You apparantly had an competative advantage, but you gave it away. Not really ea/cg's fault.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Even in developed fleet shards most players didn't focus on ships much until crystals. You had maybe 10 to 20 people really putting effort and/or money into them.

So, the top 50 in my shard has over 50% non-Chimaera... but the top 10 is 100% Chimaera. What's the capital ship composition of your top 10? Those top 10 players are going to have the ships and options to run any number of compositions... what are they choosing to run?

The top 10 of my fleet were 7 chimaera and 3 tarkin as of this morning
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

i just looked at your swgoh.gg profile, if you were getting top20, you're on a weak shard yourself. @TVF has a better fleet than you've got.

Thanks?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    The top 10 is not a great example as it changes every couple hours I would say top 30 is a better measurement as they are all able to reach top 5 fairly easily

That being said my top 10 right now is 9 thrawn and 1 mace
    my top 30 is 25 thrawn 4 Tarkin 1 mace
    Top 50 is 39 thrawn 9 tarkin 1 mace 1 ackbar

Before the 2nd chimera event it was about 50/50 thrawn/tarkin with 4 mace and 1 ackbar and for the most part the names are the same it's way more about the ships in your fleet and having the right strategy the Capitol ship doesn't make a huge difference thrawn and Tarkin are equally capable
  • Options
    I have chimaera and I'm still using executrix and I get top fleet payout most days

It's not like the chimaera event was a secret....

Last point, I would wager that by the end of this summer, tarkin and thrawn's ships will both be obsolete since ships are the obvious choice for next new major content
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    If your only argument is, “you did good before chimaera, now you do bad.” I can’t help you my friend. That said. Chimaera, in comparison to other capital ships is completely unbalanced. Between the damage output, unresistable buffs, and a unique that is not nearly as “situational” as other capital ships. While windus special is spammable under certain circumstances. It hits less than half as hard as chimaera unavoidable AOE. Ackbar gives advantage up, chimaera debuffs entire enemy team and buffs entire friendly team while granting turn meter. Ackbar calls random assist, chimaera calls targeted assist. Tarkin deals ability block, chimaera deals offense down while buffing entire team. Comparing chimaera AOE damage to other capital ships AOE damage is disgusting. Comparing debuff/buff potential is just sad. And as far as uniques go. A tank or support can one shot most of your characters with a crit under chimaera lead. Making whatever gimmicky unique your other capital ship has nearly useless.