GOH now #19 on top grossing charts

DarthBalls
518 posts Member
edited February 2016
On iTunes...

Last week or the week before... It was 6th or 7th. Have the changes made now discouraged people from paying?

Or is it as simple as 2 weeks ago a jedi pack came out and ppl spent some money?

I'm a little worried... I want this game to stick around,

Replies

• Options
    It's starting to sink like a rock. You can't treat a franchise like Star Wars as if it were third rate. Ppl expect Hollywood level treatment of this game and aren't getting it. Star Wars is the biggest franchise in history. You can't half do it.
  • Options
    Probably. Cant start any speculation if we didnt have swgoh position on google play top grossing, i guess.

P.s. I like your name. You got some balls using that name.
  • Options
    It's the top grossing on Android?

If so...that's awesome
  • Options
    Customer-Journey-Meme.jpg
  • Options
    #12 on Google Play top grossing chart
  • Options
    It's 12th on Android. There has to be a way too make money long term and satisfy the whales and free to play. The game needs whales to survive.
  • Options
    Check it tomorrow. After today's update, people will start to spend tons on the new packs and trying to get lando. Plus buying packs to get shards to trade in for GG.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    Check it tomorrow. After today's update, people will start to spend tons on the new packs and trying to get lando. Plus buying packs to get shards to trade in for GG.

I agree with everything except the bolded. Lando? Really??

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    It's 12th on Android. There has to be a way too make money long term and satisfy the whales and free to play. The game needs whales to survive.

No way to know yet if it is tanking or not. I suspect more people spend when there are packs available, as you stated. If it continues to drop and does not climb when they release another character pack, then it is probably safe to say the game is tanking.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »

I agree with everything except the bolded. Lando? Really??

Probably. He can be farmed now, and the Scoundrel event helps with the biggest existing resource problem.
  • Options
    This is what they get for strangling players more and more and more every day with their greed, making things harder and harder, stealth nerfing rewards and drops whenever they feel like it, outrageous prices for the smallest things that dont help a player in any way. i dont want this game to fail but if it does its all because of EA/CG's greed, they tried to push and see how much they could get from the fans but instead they just pushed the fans away, they thought that since its star wars the bloodthirsty fans would pay whatever but theyre wrong. Also the game is riddled with bugs that they dont bother to fix, theyre too busy finding out more ways to screw players. If i didnt put so much money into this game when i started i would of walked away by now, but now im too "invested" but make no mistake im F2P now and have been for a good while, im not spending another dime on this game
  • Options
    bb1136dd7d06b096b156f5eb82e3a1dc.jpg
  • Options
    It doesn't help when they sell packs for £40, ££80 that contain characters that aren't even 20% finished and can't be used competitively unless you spend thousands more.

A level 1 4 star character is barely even a shell when you consider the shards, ability materials, training droids and credits needed to max out that character. And if they aren't maxed out or close to it they are no use.

They have to make spending more rewarding, all it gives now is frustration that you've blown cash and it hasn't helped with anything.
  • Options
    Lmao too many haters ITT.

It's just a peak. Whales already have everything and dolphins aren't interested in anything other than bundles atm.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »

Absolutely the opposite, they need the moderate spenders to survive. Whales come and go and drop their 1000's skyrocketing NEW games to the top then they burn out. You need a sustainable long term solution that caters to low to medium spenders on a reliable basis.

Why do you think Riot and Blizzard are the absolute superpowers of gaming right now? Their financial model. Do you think LoL would have blown up to the scale it's at now if it cost 1000 dollars to get a hero to play? hahah.

This game would be AMAZING and a huge profit turner for YEARS if they scrapped this "suck all the money quick out of big spenders" model and just said "ok, 7* hero, 20 bucks...have fun".

Do you know how many people would spend in this game? Royal Guard updates and is super viable now? Ok, I'll drop 20 bucks to try him out and see how a new Empire team goes. Rex? yeah I'll throw another 20 this month or maybe next month (on top of crystal subs) to try that out too...

Luke? Yoda? QGJ? Maul? Rey? FOTP? ALL would have been insta-buys by a LOT of people. Instead of them spending $0
  • Options
    Look out ea/cg the mighty cookie jam's got it's target set on you.