Team Improvements and Future Focus for Arena and GW

Hey everyone,

I'm currently running an Arena team consisting of:

QGJ (5* - leader)
Lumi (7*)
JC (7*)
Sidious (7*)
Old Daka (5*)

and it's been working pretty good. I'm having trouble getting past rank 20th though, so I was curious to hear if anyone had any suggestions on improving the line up, substitutions, and what to farm next? Should I try to farm Dooku, Rey, or Fives?

I'm currently working on finishing QGJ in Cantina, Poggle on GW, and starting on IG-88 on Arena.

I do have GS 3* and IG-86 3* on the back bench, but I mostly use them for the GW. My intent is to bring them out when Poggle is unlocked.

Replies

• Options
    You are basically chasing the meta here. You sure this is what you want to do?
  • Options
    I'm just trying to remain competitive in the Arena so I can continue to farm shards at a good rate from it. I usually tend to rank around the 30's, but am being steadily pushed up (this morning I was down to 117).

• Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    You are basically chasing the meta here. You sure this is what you want to do?

This.

Chasing the meta usually ends badly. That said, I would 7* QGJ and get rid of JC for arena.

Where do you usually finish in arena? If below top ten, focus on your GW roster and make a run for top 10 when you are ready.
  • Options
    Why would you replace JC? I ask to see whether it's because he's not that good a character (he tends to be one of my better performers) or my team has a role which needs fulfilling which he doesn't.

I have indeed thought of replacing him (in fact, with Dooku, Rey, or Fives, since these are pretty effective themselves) but am not entirely sure what role (and therefore character) I should be bolstering to improve the team.

Fair point on GW. I just recently was able to beat it again after the changes to difficulty and have been working on a Team B for it. I worry though that as the population of my shard matures, it'll become harder to get into the top of the Arena; ergo my focus on it.
  • Options
    The high power of your JC has already made your GW harder.

I found 4* Dooku more useful in Arena than 6* JC
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Yeah, I just read the other day how the Arena team affects your GW; I should stop pumping power into it.

I'm tempted to go for CT-5555. Not only is he a tough character which can slow down attackers, but he also has the ability to call in an ally for a hit. In a group of strong hitters, that could be another kill. Plus he's farmable in the Cantina Shipments (though I'll wait until QGJ is 7* for that).

So maybe drop JC for GS and Daka for 5's?

• Options
    I started 5'sbefore QGJ was put out and I am going to finish him before I go much more on QGJ got him to 4* for myBen and Poe and went right back to 5's. I realized about a week ago I was in trouble as far as GW and for the past 3 days I have finished GW everyday. I run three teams there plus fodder teams. I will have 2 7* Lumi and Sid. All the others are 5-3*. I rank currently at 250 in arena dropped some skipping the focus but I have been able to work on phasma and Poggle to aid more in GW. Currently I farm Kylo in cantina missions fives in shop, starting 88 in arena, phasma and Poggle inGW, and Dooku in hard missions. I run a Sid, fives, dooku, Kylo, Lumi in arena. Once phasma is competitive she will swap out Sid. The multi attacks on this team are insane. I have taken out Sid and Dooku extremely fast. It works for me.

Moral is you won't regret 5's if you go for him.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I've decided to go ahead and farm 5's on regular nodes in order to replace JC. Like you said, multi-attacks give you the chance to focus fire much more easily (even for the AI); it's saved my life when QGJ missed Sid, but then Lumi kills him with the followup.

After, I may go for IG-86 and replace Daka.