edited February 2018
yes! i did it!

Here's the team i used.

Ezra Bridger - G9 up to 198 speed, no omega on unique
Hera Syndulla - G9, 154 speed, Lead omega'd
Chopper - G8 208 speed, unique omega'd, but he died early on p4
Zeb - G8, 185 speed, Unique omega'd
Kanan Jarrus -G8 146 speed, Unique Omega'd too

Kill order was as usual, both DTs, Stormtrooper, both commanders, focusing the assists on zeb to daze/stun Thrawn to avoid him taking as many turns as possible, Kanan died once, but was saved my Hera's Plan B.

Once it was down to thrawn alone it was pretty manageable.

Hard part was figuring out who to return the mods to hehe.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Wow. I have more speed on all of my peeps but only G8 for all and still can’t come close save for one time.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    grats.
    I remember quoting Yoda's words 'Do or do not there is no try' on your previous thread and you did it.

• Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Omnixent wrote: »
    Wow. I have more speed on all of my peeps but only G8 for all and still can’t come close save for one time.

probably because of unique omegas. Although I don't see huge difference. Watch some thrawn event strategy guides and you gonna make it
  • Options
    I have seen ppl with no +30 mods beat 7* Thrawn so I don't believe speed is the major key. Gear levels have a better shot and also using Chopper seems to be best for this event.

@JKRevan , congrats. I used 6* Thrawn in my arena since Nov and now have a g12 7* Thrawn. Keep gearing him up as he will keep returning the favor.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have seen ppl with no +30 mods beat 7* Thrawn so I don't believe speed is the major key. Gear levels have a better shot and also using Chopper seems to be best for this event.

It very much seems to be a gear viii +omegas or very good speed mods or gear ix.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Currently trying to beat it for my friend on his phone...running:

Ezra: G10 200+ Speed, Offense mods (crit dmg triangle)
    Rest: G8 with +60 speed or more
    All abilities maxed (Omega not Zeta)

Haven't even come close in like 40 attempts now.
  • Options
    this example shows that speed isn't the only factor. RNG is huge factor. Eventually RNG will be on his side. Follow kill order and remember to dispel DT's buff. That buff provides more damage to your team. After taunt is dispelled, then target DT with buff.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »

Of course, RIGHT AFTER I post this I beat it about 4 attempts later...I'll post my notes in the other thread since I used Sabine.
  • Options
    dispel the buff, not just attack it
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

It's huge RNG. Took me well over 40 tries, though I was mostly g8
  • Options
    I encourage my guildmates to get/upgrade thrawn with g8 phoenix like this:
    "don't give up.. u try that 100+ times, then we talk again"

:lol:
  • Options
    I had no interest in gearing up pheonix past g8 so zetad kanan and beat it first try. If you have the extra zeta mats around, they are easier to come by than gear.

Just another way of getting through thrawn event /shrug
  • Options
    Ezra's pretty good - at g10, even, he can make a huge difference, and as a jedi and rebel he's dual use.
    It's not a waste to gear him up a little more, if you're struggling, one more gear level on him can change the whole thing. You call him with Hera and the DT's will melt away. Just can't let him get fractured is all.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm kinda late and don't want to open another thrawn thread so sorry for 'ninja' this. I just wanted to know if I could get Thrawn 5* with these guys before event ends:

https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/collection/?f=phoenix

No mods on them yet but could farm a few 5 dots health mods, all G6 except G7 Chopper and Ezra and I have 11 hours left to make it.

Edit: My Chopper will be 5* in 2 hours.
  • Options
    I did it with g8. It's all rng keep at it
  • Options

Congrats buddiezzs, so hard. Good work.