Any ideas for speed mod challenge T3 3*?

https://swgoh.gg/u/lukeamidala
So I decided I need that speed mods and
My resistance is nothing but a gold zR2
I wish I could enter the battle with just my R2. He can probably solo it.
Anyways I need all 5 (including pilot who is at 2 *, gonna farm her instead of trooper) to survive thru the battle.
Wonder how many gear + char level I need If I don't want to spend any purple ability mats let alone omegas? to 3* in the last tier? Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    I'd recommend going in on the team, eventually getting a zeta on Finn.
  • Options
    I'd recommend going in on the team, eventually getting a zeta on Finn.

Well that's eventually, yes sure. but I got so many great things to attend to. i.e. Gear 6 GK, G7 Thrawn..
  • Options
    Didn't finish my comment lol. That said, I'd farm trooper as he's essential to the team. You can clear this without the zeta though, use Finn,Poe, r2, trooper, scav Rey.
  • Syrup_Chugger3
    2171 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Resistance is a great faction to work on anyway, but I completed it with a g11 r2(NC zeta), g7 Rey both level 85, g8 Finn gear 6 Poe<- both level 65, and a g6 level 55 bb8.

Made sure r2s smoke screen was up as much as possible (leaving himself out)

Don't remember ability levels were maxed pin r2, only 1 zeta, level 6 on Finn, poe and Rey, and 4?ish on bb8
  • Options
    What gear? and If I use pilot just because she is easy farm?
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ok thx was that g6 bb8 a great game changer or is it doable with just g6~7 pilot? @Syrup_Chugger3
  • Options
    Trooper is more important than pilot, a mistake I made that has only just been rectified.

Resistance are a great team that can beat pretty much anything, they don't hold on defence though which I assume is why you don't see so many in arena (well except JTR teams now). For TB/TW though they are great.

Anyway, if you reckon can get through challenge with just R2 then fine but you are not going to 3* unless you have all of them somewhere decent. If you are going to leave any out then better leave Rey than trooper. They then all work on continuous exposes while other team does not get a go. That is likely going to mean a zeta on Finn though to make it all go as you would like.

With above in mind though you could just get all to minimum star requirements and mod potency with speed primary and secondaries (Poe fastest) and they may survive at low gear just by opponent not getting a shot.
  • Options
    Ok I'll consider tropper then. Only if he pops up frequently enough
  • Options
    he is at 21/30 (3*) so 65+9= 74 shards to go.
    pilot is at 2* so that's like 25 shards out of 330? 145-25=120 so that's 8 days long farm wow..
    Wonder which would take longer tho
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy section
  • Options
    Trooper takes longer but is longer but is more important.

• evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    You don't need a zFinn to 3* speed mods. I would definitely add trooper though, as he is essential if you ever do 3* Finn. I used a Poe lead, Finn, rey, RT, and RP to pass it way back. I think most were around G8/9, but could be wrong. Just throw some additional health/prot mods on whoever you tend to lose the most and try again. RP is probably the least "essential" Res toon....but she does have a ship so it'll help your GP. Her ship is mostly mediocre, too.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Trooper is a must for the classic zFinn build. Expose on basic is much more important than Pilot's expose on special. Not to mention Trooper's TM gain and buff wipe.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    ok i just tried tier 1 and 3 starred it with my gear 2~3 dudes