Advice to improve my fleet

Hi all, i have a competitive fleet, usually top 1 at payout and rarely fall out of top 20 over night...

I run FOTF, Tie, vader, biggs and boba as primary, then DM as reinforcement, under chimaera

They all are G12 (but DM G11, no problem cuz hes a reinforcement and hes here just to cloack everyone).

The problem is sited in my other reinforcements... I dont usually call anything out of maul in offense... But i want to improve other 3 ships to be more competitive in defense...

Im currently runing fives G8 (good when i have most of the enemy TL just to aoe), wedge G11 (good first hit but almost nothing more to offer), and cassian all G8 (also good cuz the assist to finish someone)

From those 3 i find fives is the worst one.... Cuz fives as character have no uses for me as character... And develop him seems a waste for me...
Followed by wedge, cuz while wedge is good as char i can almost solo HAAT anyway (first time our guild complete HAAT was 2 days ago :D) and i feel wedge (while useful to finish someone sometimes) have no sinergy with the rest...

I find Casian U-wing a usefull ship and with more sinergy with my current fleet (crit on asist, TL and stealth) and while they are 3 guys to gear they are also so good in TW and TB...

So im thinking about replace both fives and wedge, i think my best options are Reaper (almost 6*) and bistan U-wing... I will gear bot DT and ShT anyway cuz i love empire and also need them for DSTB so it seem a wise choice...

The problem comes with bistan U-wing because i find both pilots not so usefull in my current roster (not that bad as fives but useless anyway xD) but i think his sinergy is amazing with my current TL fleet xD

I also think Reaper have to stay in the first lineup (so i have to gear both pilot almost at max before reaper becomes usable...) and it makes me to leave boba as reinforcement, but i feel boba so usefull using his special to obliterate this anoying enemy FOTP trought Biggs taunt after my first round of TL or to really hurt enemy biggs (if i wasnt lucky enough to TL FOTF) thanks to chimaera power up...

Maybe bistan can stay as reinforcement with not so high gear cuz he will get stealth in the first turn and i feel the most important thing from him is his unique to feed other ships TM... Since i would only need to gear up to 11 SRP for this purpose and he looks like a proper tank for LSTB it could be an option...

So any advice? Am i mad? Am i right? Would be a good idea to gear up reaper pilots, then SRP and finally cass, jyn and K2 and get rid of wedge/fives? Keep in mind its not an immediate need cuz i can reach top 1 almost everyday, just an improvement to be prepare for a harder future... XD

Thanks in advance and sorry for the huge post xD (my roster is in my signature)

Replies

• Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Reaper is one of the best possible ships to have in your starting lineup and boba makes a great reinforcement on offense all the opponents energy has to go towards reaper which can be really difficult with Biggs and then maul as 1st reinforcement

I had 2 battles against one guy yesterday where my ties didn't land there target locks so I lost my reaper and then couldn't take theirs out or get any reinforcements and lost

For the pilots if you can get them geared leveled and modded even at low star it is worth it and since both pilots are awesome out of their ship it's a win win
  • Sarcodino
    394 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have every relevant crew member at 7* but death trooper (6* cuz i had to leave him by the moment to farm sith trooper just in case if its in a posible revan event?) and gar saxon/Imperial SComando (4* lvl 1 his ships seems good but they are bad)

So thats not the problem... Just a lot of guys to gear up and so low resources... XD
    I have to priorice fleet cuz its my main source of gems (400 each day), but i would love to improve same toons that i need for TB (thats why id prefer reaper, casian and bistan if they will improve my fleet more than others xD)

Since i have both Ties at G12 im usually fast enough to TL his reaper (if exist) but i usually target his FOTie before until target locked to kill it with boba (or at least Ability block it)... I find this hard hitting squisi ship more dangerous when im attacking and can choose to kill someone when my cap ship is low TM... While leaving FOTie alive could let my enemy kill my biggs (and other ships), and that will low my cap ship TM even more xD
    To be fair i barely lost a fight on offense once a month (by the moment), even before getting chimaera past week when i was using home one xD

But i got u, with my fast TL shnps a high lvl reaper with good potency would be a real pain in defense leaving my FOTie away from the fire to do his job xD
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Poe is a beast off the bench - he's actually in my starting 5 for ships and I benched Vader. Immensely underrated ship.
  • Options
    Poe is a beast off the bench - he's actually in my starting 5 for ships and I benched Vader. Immensely underrated ship.
    But isnt poe like wedge? Just a big hit (ok, unavoidable and usefull agaisnt anoying tie) but i find 0 sinergy with the rest of my fleet... With chimaera power up he will even waste his special most of the time as reinforcement :S
    Maul, boba, bistan and casian seems better for me as reinforcement xD
    Also i have poe ship at 4* only (long farm and i started not so much time ago...) and my poe (while 7*) is only G6 and i dont find a use for him at the moment, so would be a gear waste :S
    I think poe isnt a option for my atm... I think i could even get milenium falcon to 7* star before poe... this poe ship appears once a month in my fleet store xD
  • Options
    I leveled a bit bistan U-wing pilots and swiched fives with it yesterday night and tryed it with 2 remaining atepms at 23:00 (trying to respect other possible payouts xD).
    Bistan sinergy seems awesome with my other TL ships! And SRP is only G7 and missing most of the mods...
    1h 15min from my payout, 5/5 remaining atemps and i only fall to 6 overnight, left it at rank 2 so seems only 1 killed me in almost 20 hours xD
    Maybe a coincidence... But seems legit for my, cuz i dont like fives ship so much... I think fives wont come to my fleet by the moment xD
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    what's so great about bistan ship?

p.s. I would gear up gar /isc and use gauntlet ship as 1st reinforcement. his prtection up will help as much as getting in cover from scimitar's stealth. And it is an empire ship
  • Options
    bistan's ship is fantastic on TL centric teams! when an enemy becomes TL it grants a random ally 25% TM + advantage. additionally, when an ally kills an enemy ship, that ally gains 19% TM. pair that with the TM loss of reaper and "reap" the rewards! (sorry, had to)
  • Options
    edit: goes up to 30% TM gain for random ally if scariff pathfinder is G11
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    But isnt poe like wedge? Just a big hit (ok, unavoidable and usefull agaisnt anoying tie) but i find 0 sinergy with the rest of my fleet... With chimaera power up he will even waste his special most of the time as reinforcement :S

Well it's worth noting that a big hit can be perfect coming off the bench? Do you usually use your full range of substitutes as you can put him as the last choice then pick him when you need him. Just my opinion if you want something different.

• Options
    Yes, wedge is handy welcome some times, and poe would be even better xD but i have a big hit anyway from casian assist...
    And to develop poe from G6 just for his unavoidable hit having wedge at G11 seems too much xD
    Im still farming his ship everytime i see it in the fleet, but it apears really few times :S
    About bistan as said by Gore he can give ur fleet a lot of TM along the fight xD his basic is also unavoidable when stealthed so its usefull too against tie!
  • Options
    Cass's kit is nice but that ship is oppressively slow,has average health/protection at best, and hits like a wet noodle. Comparatively, 5's ship is quite fast and has very high survivability. Additionally, his unique isn't as bad as it may first appear. Over the course of battle I would postulate he gains more tm than he gives away from his unique because occasionally he will attack someone above 75% tm, meaning they will receive less, while, the act of him attacking almost always means his tm is empty and thus receives the entire bonus.
  • Options
    Your missing THE damage dealer on a TL fleet; my FOTF can crit for 100K and he goes often under either empire lead. He can also TL twice in his basic
  • Options
    replace boba with reaper, even at 5* (with pilots at g10) it is useful. Put boba in reinforcement after dm.