TW... did you even try???

The mismatch this time is of even more disparity than all other TWs to date. You are matching toddlers with pro wrestlers on steroids. What in the world is wrong with this picture here? You may have thought you fixed it a bit but ya didn’t! Back to the drawing board please cause this just makes TW a cringe worthy stupid event devoid of any fun.

Replies

• Options
    I know this is about to be moved, but just give us a place to discuss it please?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I know this is about to be moved, but just give us a place to discuss it please?

Why would this be moved?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Why would this be moved?

Because I’m an **** and thought this was another of the 50 posts about the TW bug. Reading helps.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    The matchmaking is a mess, and I hope they change it soon. There are so many more things to consider than just the GP. For instance, we are matched against a guild with over 300 more g12 chars than we have, but we are the same GP.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    For once I'd like to hear a solution to this problem. Anyone?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It’s unclear how big the issue actually is since we don’t have access to opponents’ active gp. I’d think the first step would be letting teams see that.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

It’s unclear how big the issue actually is since we don’t have access to opponents’ active gp. I’d think the first step would be letting teams see that.

Also need a way to see the opposing rosters.

There are many ways they could do matchmaking better. They could use win/loss/tie records, they could use number of g12 characters, they could weight individual GP to come up with a score that is not a direct correlation of GP, etc.
  • TVF
    36630 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying there aren't solutions, but number of G12 characters seems like a bad one.

With that said we've been the lower GP guild each time and we've won all but one so far.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    17 million GP gap this time...
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying there aren't solutions, but number of G12 characters seems like a bad one.

With that said we've been the lower GP guild each time and we've won all but one so far.

It may not be the best one, but it's more accurate than GP alone. The guild we were matched up against has the GP as we do, but over 300 more g12 characters. That is 60 more full g12 teams than we can field. It's a huge difference.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't think we can come up with a better system without know how it's done now. As Kozi has stated there are many factors that go into these matches. We will never truly fix it if we can't get to the root cause and something tells me we will never see that.
  • Options
    There is also a new glitch in the TW where the counters are not dropping after you beat a team.
  • Options
    I can't even see any teams in any nodes, so no, I'm not trying, lol.
  • Options
    How does a guild with 17mil more GP than us get matched with us. How did NOBODY factor in that some guilds have people who spend Ks of $ on this game each month being able to exploit the matching system to ensure continuous wins. People trade off who doesn’t show for the TW so they have like two or three sit out each TW and trade it off so it’s not all the same people. That makes the GP look similar but the game isn’t factoring in the other guild has LITERALLY... LITERALLY GUYS... hundreds more G12 and Zeta’d characters. It’s like matching a toddler with an MMA Fighter and it’s astonishing nobody predicted this when they were programming. Factor in a value for # if G12 characters and # of Zeta’d abilities per guild as two additional comparison variables that make it + or - 5 being a good match. So only about a difference of maybe 10. There are thousands of guilds in this game, it’s not gonna be that hard and CG can stop letting some guilds be treated like fish in a barrel. TW should be fun, but I now hate it literally more than R2 or Zariss. It’s highly exploitable and has been since the outset. Two simple variables for a separate calculation is all they need but I’m guessing it will be like a year before they take that easy step to patch it and (exploit proof) TW matchmaking.
  • Options
    TW was a favorite of my guild and competitive for maybe the first 5 events. Since then we have been the victim of matchmaking it seems as we face a wall of 90k+ teams in first two zones. Must be amazing guilds dumping or excluding certain members (ticket feeders) to play down and dominate?

Wouldn’t basing matches on average GP per members who joined make more sense? Maybe a combination of total GP joined TW and average per member?

It’s become not that enjoyable. If evenly matched this is the coolest game mode by a long way because you get to fight odd squads against odd squads instead of usual arena staleness. However right now it’s not working.
  • Options
    @Maxx121312
    Shouldn't most guilds have 50+ 90k teams ( arena teams) ?
    victim of matchmaking
    free rewards, though. 2nd place isn't bad rewards

Kozi said it isn't based strictly on active GP, so it's possible they already factor in average GP
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I have always thought gp is a horrible measurement for anything when it comes to matchmaking. Mods can make a huge difference in a character/squad and gp does not take into account the quality of mods or stats boosted by them. 6 mk5 level 15 mods gives 1080 gp no matter if they are good or bad mods.
    The race to maximize gp for TB hurts TW matchmaking.
  • Options
    @Maxx121312
    victim of matchmaking

Kozi said it isn't based strictly on active GP, so it's possible they already factor in average GP

It’s a participation trophy. Why even bother with TW at all if it’s just rewards. It’s stupid. It is supposed to be a fun competitive mode but they just make it a turkey shoot
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @Maxx121312
    victim of matchmaking

It’s a participation trophy. Why even bother with TW at all if it’s just rewards. It’s ****. It is supposed to be a fun competitive mode but they just make it a turkey shoot

Huh? Maybe turkey shoot has some alternative meaning, but I have competed in a few turkey shoots, and they ARE competitive
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    @Maxx121312
    victim of matchmaking

It’s a participation trophy. Why even bother with TW at all if it’s just rewards. It’s ****. It is supposed to be a fun competitive mode but they just make it a turkey shoot

Huh? Maybe turkey shoot has some alternative meaning, but I have competed in a few turkey shoots, and they ARE competitive

Turkeys waiting to be shot.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Time suck
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    My Guild has 72 M GP. In the present TW we have 60 M active Gp.
    We're fighting vs a 56 M Gp Guild and.... they are much more stronger than us! In the first 3 areas they were full of G12 80-90K teams... how is this possible?
  • Options
    We didn’t even get through a single zone they had. We gotnpaired with a guild that spends more on this game than rent. That’s all well and good but don’t pair a toddler with an MMA Fighter. That’s not even a competitive matchup and quite frankly makes the whole thing relatively pointless in the extreme. The matching system is complete crap and the matchup we got is proof positive that nothing whatsoever has been done to rectify that.
  • Options
    Well it has happened to us. Here is us...

https://swgoh.gg/g/6839/peace-is-a-lie/

We had 46 out of 50 sign up with an active GP of 57M and some change.

And this is who we got pitted against...

https://swgoh.gg/g/25099/conjugate/

I count EIGHTEEN people over 2M GP. Compared to our 2 (1 who is signed up in SWGOH.gg and the other who is not). I saw so many G12 Kenobis it made my eyes bleed. I don't mind a hard fight. But I challenge anyone to say that THIS is a fair match making experience. Because I don't see it at all.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

This. Also, how many members they have participating.
  • Options
    An attack log would be nice too. Even if it’s only available during review period. That way you can see what teams were used against you, what your members used, etc. But yeah OP, your experience sounds slightly unbalanced lol