Going for the tie on TW

Is there a list of guilds that like to go for the tie? If not, maybe is a good idea to make one.

CG, would not be easy to implement a tie-breaker, for example, less GP on defense gets 2nd.
Unfair for different guilds GP? Then % of GP on defense, whoever has less get 2nd.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • DarkAngel17
    156 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sorry, did not know we can put guild names.... erased
  • Options
    This has been brought up in previous threads. Unfortunately it is against the forum policy to call out individuals or guilds for "bad behavior". There is, however, a "report guild" button in game that officers can use if there is a known or suspected rule break.
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    This has been brought up in previous threads. Unfortunately it is against the forum policy to call out individuals or guilds for "bad behavior". There is, however, a "report guild" button in game that officers can use if there is a known or suspected rule break.

Erase it, thank you for letting me know.
  • Options
    Sorry, did not know we can put guild names.... erased

Ain't no rules on reddit or discord post them there
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good thing is, people who aren't kittens will leave guilds that fix TW and eventually those dumb guilds will fall apart, or become full of all the arseholes, maybe both.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Options
    The TW Skirt-lifter guilds are being collected and names shared on private discord channels available to anyone not in those types of guilds. A collective list will begin going out on Reddit as well.
  • Options
    Guy in my guild had a pretty great idea - each succesful defend is worth a single point. Discourages zerging and probably eliminates 99% of ties
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Guy in my guild had a pretty great idea - each succesful defend is worth a single point. Discourages zerging and probably eliminates 99% of ties

I like that, because goodbye ties, but I also don't like it, because TW is the first game mode where I actually use all (or most) of my roster (no, hitting **** "Deploy" doesn't count). Throwing trash teams, like Ewoks, in to take down a key character because I have to maximize the efficiency of my roster is awesome.
    Post edited by CaptainRex on
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I agree. I think increasing the map capacity so guilds have to make a tradeoff between offence and defence is the answer.

It's much more satisfying to win bc you cleared more of the map than your opponent than to have both sides clear the map and win bc of some odd tiebreaker like #of defences or surviving toons or some such. (I've seen a few different suggestions)
    iN Spectre
  • Options
    A change needs to be done on the way banners are accounted. We played against a guild with 7M GP more than us and they went for the tie. Not nice at all.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    We have either tied, or lost cause of glitches so far for top 50 GP guild. Until they get rid of this kitten system of tieing for completing all content I'm not seeing a reason why we should waste time anymore setting up D teams and getting entire guild coordinated.

So because you're not having fun, they can't have fun either? cool, cool.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Could also make a list of guilds that drop a player to lower their GP, so they can get an easy win? Because....
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Could also make a list of guilds that drop a player to lower their GP, so they can get an easy win? Because....

But... but.. what do you do when you have ~5-8 spots that are a rotating door and you can't seem to fill them.....? For example, my guild :(
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »

This isn’t true. The matchmaking pits teams with everyone registered for, as an example, over 140k GP vs guilds under that. This has happened many times.