Chimaera is the new CLS...

It's not like we didn't expect this but it's evident now that Chimaera did to fleet arena what CLS did to character arena. It's already too soon to be as obvious but in many shards Chimaera has "killed" diversity.

In my shard the only 2 ships that are left are Chimaera and the Executrix. That's due to the fact that many failed to get a 7 star Chimaera and since they have a 7 star Executrix they are using it instead. Also Executrix at the momment seems to be the only ship capable of beating the Chimaera. Ackbar and Mace don't even come close to defeating Thrawn.

If you play the stalling game and you manage to get a few dodges with your TFP then you gen the TM advantage and you can use the ultimate of the Executrix to end the fight, otherwise you can forget about it.

So it's still early, give it a few more days and the overtake will be complete. Our ship arena will be 60% Chimaeras, 35% Executrix and 5% other ships. You'll get tired of facing the same fleets over and over again, not very different from facing CLS over and over again.

In addition facing the Chimaera and the Executrix is a very stressful experience! My heart keeps beating faster and faster with each round that passes. Will I get the kill shot first or will they? Every time I have to hit the tie fighter my heart stops whenever he dodges and I know I'm one step closer to annihilation! It's a very unfun experience and if it doesn't go your way it becomes very frustrating.

It nevwr bothered me to lose to a Mace or an Ackbar simply cause it meant I was beaten fair and square! But this RNG based Dodge game is seriously messing with my nerves. There is no skill involved just who gets the most dodges and killshot first! No skill, no strategy, no planning just TFP rng game. It's been only 3 days I'm already tired of this...

We need counterplay DESPERATELY!

Replies

• Options
    Man, I find fleet battles fun now. Sure it's frustrating when the enemy TFP dodges 3-5 times in a row but I take great joy in taking 1st every day. It's a nice change of pace for a F2P player who got beat down when CLS was first released.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.

I can't wait for more ships
  • Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    It's not like we didn't expect this but it's evident now that Chimaera did to fleet arena what CLS did to character arena. It's already too soon to be as obvious but in many shards Chimaera has "killed" diversity.

In my shard the only 2 ships that are left are Chimaera and the Executrix. That's due to the fact that many failed to get a 7 star Chimaera and since they have a 7 star Executrix they are using it instead. Also Executrix at the momment seems to be the only ship capable of beating the Chimaera. Ackbar and Mace don't even come close to defeating Thrawn.

If you play the stalling game and you manage to get a few dodges with your TFP then you gen the TM advantage and you can use the ultimate of the Executrix to end the fight, otherwise you can forget about it.

So it's still early, give it a few more days and the overtake will be complete. Our ship arena will be 60% Chimaeras, 35% Executrix and 5% other ships. You'll get tired of facing the same fleets over and over again, not very different from facing CLS over and over again.

In addition facing the Chimaera and the Executrix is a very stressful experience! My heart keeps beating faster and faster with each round that passes. Will I get the kill shot first or will they? Every time I have to hit the tie fighter my heart stops whenever he dodges and I know I'm one step closer to annihilation! It's a very unfun experience and if it doesn't go your way it becomes very frustrating.

It nevwr bothered me to lose to a Mace or an Ackbar simply cause it meant I was beaten fair and square! But this RNG based Dodge game is seriously messing with my nerves. There is no skill involved just who gets the most dodges and killshot first! No skill, no strategy, no planning just TFP rng game. It's been only 3 days I'm already tired of this...

We need counterplay DESPERATELY!

Vader... thats all i am going to say about "dodge meta"
  • BTBAMthony
    179 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yea, agreed. I feel like holdo will have a capital ship that will “counter” thrawn. Except that is just going to create more imbalance. I would say just nerf chimaera and that would solve everything, but they wouldn’t do that. They should just slightly buff the other capital ships making them more viable. If they release counterplay ships without tweaking current ships they will be expanding the problem. We literally have 4 capital ships right now. Only 4. Now is the best time to balance before creating more power creep
  • Options
    Hello EA/CG Dev Team and et. al.,
    Chimaera is ridiculously overpowered. The ranked Top 50 in my Ship Arena is ALL Chimaera. Ship battles are boring and not fun because they lack diversity of ships (especially Fleet Commanders). Please get more ships out! How can you not have a ship for Anakin (quote in the movies as being the best pilot), that alone is an Epic disgrace for a Star Wars game that has ships? Nute Gunray Fleet Command Ship? Princess Leia's Corvette Fleet Commander. The clone team desparetly needs another clone, how about Matchstick or Oddball in a Y-Wing or Commander Wollfe in Republic Gunship? CLS in a snowspeeder or x-wing. Tie interceptor, Defender, or Bomber? General Grevious Fleet Commander? There are so many options with more movie content coming out in the years to come, you won't run out of ways to add ships later to get your revenue. Just get ships and Fleet Commanders out...watch Episodes 1 - 6 and the TV series Star Wars The Clone Wars.
  • Dirty_Litle_Smuggler
    933 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Sooo....
    All Chimaera did was replace a Tarkin Meta with a Thrawn Meta, and REWARD those with a diverse enough fleet (5x Rebel ships) to get it. I feel like Chimaera adds more diversity to an otherwise completely boring Tarkin/Ties/Vader/Biggs meta. At least now you see people with 7* phoenix ships in the top 20. And now folks who had put in the extra effort to buff up their LS ships can have a chance.