Which teams are best for offense and defense?

I wonder if people can help me determine which teams are best saved for offense, and which teams would be best in your defensive line up. Good defensive teams are of course teams that are hard to beat, but also have some degree of healing/protection recovery, so attackers can risk wasting their attacks without making a scratch. Good defensive teams can also be teams that force the opponent to use special toons, like cleansers, dispellers, high dmg dealers, or specific toons like Thrawn and Nihilus.

Obviously zFinn resistance teams have to be saved for offense, as they're no good on defense. Time out teams based around GK/zBarriss are of course for defense. CLS and JT Rey led teams are great for offense, but an impenetrable wall of these teams on defense can determine the entire outcome of the war, so I'd say defense should be the top priority for these teams as well. About the nightsisters, they're probably the best defensive team in the arena. But I wonder if they're bad on defense in TW, since attackers can simply wipe them out with imperial troopers or use other teams with healers and AOE attackers.

Anyway, I've tried to divide some common teams into the four categories below, but I'm sure there's room for improvement.

1) Defensive teams - GK+zBarriss teams / CLS+Han Solo teams / JT Rey+BB8+R2 teams / zMaul teams / Empire (zVader, Palp, Tarkin, TFP etc.) / zJyn Rogue One teams

2) Offensive teams - zFinn led teams / First order (with Phasma lead) / zVeers imperial troopers / Droids+Jawas / Jedi (with QGJ lead) / Classic rebels (Wiggs, Leia, Lando, STH etc.)

3) Equally great on defense and offense - Ewoks / First Order (with Kylo Unmasked lead)

4) Not sure where these teams would be best - Clone troopers / Phoenix / Nightsisters

Comments, disagreements or other essential team suggestions are very welcome.

Replies

• Options
    A lot of guilds use Phoenix and NS on defense.
  • Options
    Phoenix, NS, and Zaul sith teams are great for defense.

I save my rebels, FO, and Jedi for attacking. Every now and then though I will do a CLS rebel team on defense.