I need Advice on phoenix squad

Hey guys.... i have been around with a phoenix squad for quite a while and so far so good :) but i think that it could be better.... any advice on how to make it better? I have all phoenix squadron characters except for Sabine

Replies

• Options
    .... any advice on how to make it better? I have all phoenix squadron characters except for Sabine

Simple - higher gear levels for everyone.

Some run Phoenix just fine with Chopper and not Sabine. Matter of choice. Peronally I like Sabine and think she has a use outside the squad that Chopper doesn't have. But- she's a tougher farm. Choice is yours.

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    When nodding use potency crosses on Zeb and hera the exposes dazes and stuns are very valuable.
  • Options
    Chopper for better defense, Sabine for better offense. The higher the gear the better as always.
  • Options
    Speed and zetas
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I use them to mostly Auto all rbel events and gw. All are g8 -10. Speed and Protection on Chopper Potency on Zeb and protection on Kanan. If you are not using them for arena, then protection secondaries are very important. Between 2 staggers, Kanan, Chopper and Zeb uniques They become very hard to kill with high protection. Outside of arena They dont really need to be super fast because of counters and assists.

I personally use Sabine and Chopper with Phoenix and Ezra with other squads.

Chopper is self healing , buffing, speeding, taunting, debuffing, turnmeter reducing 30% evasion menace.
    Hes underrated, I think.
  • Options
    I use Sabine (zeta) in my phoenix squad, and Ezra I use in my Jedi squad.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    .... any advice on how to make it better? I have all phoenix squadron characters except for Sabine

Simple - higher gear levels for everyone.

Some run Phoenix just fine with Chopper and not Sabine. Matter of choice. Peronally I like Sabine and think she has a use outside the squad that Chopper doesn't have. But- she's a tougher farm. Choice is yours.
    Hey why did you change OP 's name in your quote? lol
  • Options
    I don't think it's a matter of chopper being better than sabine, although his unique's help a ton, but that sabine takes FOREVER to farm and most people tend to shift away from phoenix about the same time they've farmed 1 hard node for several hundred sabine shards.
  • Options
    While we can't tailor advice to you without knowing where you're currently at with your Nix team, or what you want to use them for... In general: you'll want to prioritize leveling their uniques first, don't let them lag behind or the whole team suffers; you'll want to mod for (look at the stats, not necessarily the set) speed, potency, and protection depending on the character (ex: potency for Zeb, protection for Kanan, etc); try to do new gear levels as a team; acquire star levels and their ships (you'll need Sabine for Phantom II). Beyond that it's really about how much you want to invest in them.

As far as Sabine vs Chopper, depends what you're trying to do. On defense, or in situations where you need the healing and protection Chopper wins. On offense, or in situations where you simply need more damage (or AOE) then Sabine. Neither are characters you'll want to disregard.

• Options
    ...sabine takes FOREVER to farm and most people tend to shift away from phoenix about the same time they've farmed 1 hard node for several hundred sabine shards.

She's a harder farm (although not awful) BUT she has the Armour Shred unique :wink:

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Speed and zetas

This.... total defense (can make up for a lack of gear in short order)
  • Options
    Thanks Guys! I read every single comment of yours and i think i am going to focus on trying to level their uniques first (they are lagging behind a bit) and I shouldn’t focus on Sabine... takes a lot of energy that i use to do hard mode battles (i am 5 shards to get vader).... so yeah again thx for the advice everyone :D
  • Options
    I liked using Chopper for 7* Thrawn just for the ability cooldown on his unique. Sabine ramps the damage up by a lot, but Chop makes your team more sturdy. If you're having troubles with your Phoenix dying in Arena, go with Chop, if you can't kill anyone, go with Sabine.