Man i hate it....

Ulon
35 posts Member
edited January 2018
„Nearly“ maxed out jtr squad struggeling against that ns team... just out no effort into anything and get front ranks... yeah seems right

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/362640363279745046/405368885043265536/image.png

Can‘t be the only one whining about this. I think it‘s just not fair... but what is fair these days

Replies

• Options
    You're fighting against a team that attacks your health via plague with no healer and no tenacity up. You may have a maxed team but it's a poor matchup.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Well the devs said they wanted variety in arena.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Whining is not strategy, moving to Feedback >> Characters
  • Options
    You're fighting against a team that attacks your health via plague with no healer and no tenacity up. You may have a maxed team but it's a poor matchup.

This. OP, you might have a strong team, but you are going up against a team that is specifically designed to counter you - and with none of the correct counter abilities. No character should be an automatic "I win" button - not even maxed JTRey.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. OP, you might have a strong team, but you are going up against a team that is specifically designed to counter you - and with none of the correct counter abilities. No character should be an automatic "I win" button - not even maxed JTRey.

NS come close to having an i win button though ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Until they face zVeers/Troopers. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Until they face zVeers/Troopers. ;)

troopers ain't all that on def.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ulon
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I don‘t want an auto win. I play arena on manual every time. But a team not even developped with two 3* toons shouldn‘t beat anything on topend arena. I mean i have zveers sitting around and can counter it pretty easy. I just think not investing time and resources in a team should be rewarded with topend rewards.
  • Options
    What's the issue? You don't like a team that counters the current Meta? Then yeah, make a river.
    NS are easily beaten by multiple Aoe comps. I actually thought NS might re-herald a chance at Sith to make a comeback (it hasn't). They are easily beaten. NS are people who were willing to change up their Arena team to something else and take advantage. If everyone else insist and running the same comp -- then NS will continue to steamroll over them
    I'm not usually one to try and shut down a discussion - but this one is real straightforward.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Would sticking Barris on a jtRey team negate plague? I still don’t have a viable Barris, but seems like you could swap on offense just for those battles to make them way easier?
  • Options
    Or swapping in chaze? Most have them geared and modded well for TW, so could be an easy swap without having to do more gearing and mod swapping.
  • Options
    Ploosh wrote: »
    Would sticking Barris on a jtRey team negate plague? I still don’t have a viable Barris, but seems like you could swap on offense just for those battles to make them way easier?

Barris is a good plague counter - helps with the NS stun brigade too. Path to victory then gets narrowed to titan Assajj and endless zombie deaths who can overcome the health from zariss' passive and still kill off a toon...

If you're talking attacking NS - it's not necessary though. Defense from NS - maybe you can hope to timeout - but then you're better with the old GK+Zariss - I assure you.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Ulon wrote: »
    I don‘t want an auto win. I play arena on manual every time. But a team not even developped with two 3* toons shouldn‘t beat anything on topend arena. I mean i have zveers sitting around and can counter it pretty easy. I just think not investing time and resources in a team should be rewarded with topend rewards.

The only reason they are 3 star is because they are not farmable yet in 6 months when they are 7 starred after months of farming off a single hard node are you still going to be complaining.

As for the low gear zombie people used to do this with old Ben back in the day so he would die and buff the whole team and high damage dealers like Rey and GS would wreck teams

A zfinn team at g8 with a really fast poe can wreck pretty much any team on offense do you want them nerfed as well

How about banning JTR CLS and GK from territory wars unless both guilds have the same amount and while we're at it ban phoenix and nightsisters cause they are annoying and chaze and resistance and any toon with a zeta because zeta distribution isn't equal. Or maybe tw should use all toons with no mods to make it fairer

This whole topic is a horse that been beaten to death buried and revived over and over just like ns zombie

Edit: oops that territory war stuff belongs in a different nerf nightsisters thread oh well to lazy to retype it out it can stay here hopefully all these threads get merged and buried where they belong in the archive
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Barris is a good plague counter - helps with the NS stun brigade too. Path to victory then gets narrowed to titan Assajj and endless zombie deaths who can overcome the health from zariss' passive and still kill off a toon...

If you're talking attacking NS - it's not necessary though. Defense from NS - maybe you can hope to timeout - but then you're better with the old GK+Zariss - I assure you.

Okay, yeah, I’m more talking about attacking. Cuz on defense I always would leave my Rey, BB8 R2, GK, Han team, as it’s drops the least overall, even if it’s a walk in the park for nightsister teams. I moreso just hate loosing on offense to them, cuz plague just eats thru my team so quick.
  • Options

Okay, yeah, I’m more talking about attacking. Cuz on defense I always would leave my Rey, BB8 R2, GK, Han team, as it’s drops the least overall, even if it’s a walk in the park for nightsister teams. I moreso just hate loosing on offense to them, cuz plague just eats thru my team so quick.

Oh, then yeah, if you're going to keep to the usual suspects in Arena, Zariss can shut down the plagues pretty well and the Stun patrol too - so you then you just have to keep a handle on Ventress and acolyte (if she's in the mix)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    "I don't understand why this lighter fluid isn't putting this fire out!". You need to use water.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Use raid han to stun talzin. JTR/bb8/r2 should get a few turns before she comes out of stun. I have good success against NS teams in my shard with that. GK as the 5th.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Move to tears thread
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »
    Use raid han to stun talzin. JTR/bb8/r2 should get a few turns before she comes out of stun. I have good success against NS teams in my shard with that. GK as the 5th.

Yeah, that’s the basic strategy I use. Unfortunately there’s one whale with god mods on, and it’s almost impossible to beat. He runs asajj with MT, Daka, undergeared zombie and barris. All zetas possible. I can only beat it about 1 out of 10 tries. The other 6 NS teams in my shard go down quick enough.
  • Options

Yeah, that’s the basic strategy I use. Unfortunately there’s one whale with god mods on, and it’s almost impossible to beat. He runs asajj with MT, Daka, undergeared zombie and barris. All zetas possible. I can only beat it about 1 out of 10 tries. The other 6 NS teams in my shard go down quick enough.

I would think RJT would destroy Barris. Locked healing block and all. RJT showing up in most all arena teams recently is why I decided to hold up in putting Barris in my team after I zeta'd her. What exactly is making the fight hard on you?
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »

I would think RJT would destroy Barris. Locked healing block and all. RJT showing up in most all arena teams recently is why I decided to hold up in putting Barris in my team after I zeta'd her. What exactly is making the fight hard on you?

Right, that’s what I would think too. The problem is that everything has to be perfect, and it takes too long. Gotta take taunt off of zombie, and then can only take out one toon with the locked health immunity. Then, by the time JTR cooldown has reset to take out another, MT is hitting her second time dishing out plague and everyone is dying.

Usually I take out Daka first, cuz otherwise she just revives anyone I kill. I had one time that I saved Daka for last, but by the time I got around to her, zombie had died so many times that I could even put a dent in Dakas health.