Light Side Hard 9-B....HOW?

All AOEs, all day. At BEST I lose one person by the end, and it doesn't tend to be the borrowed. I'm using a 7 star, level 85, G9 Phoenix team, cause I figure the unique health and protection gain will slow down the slaughter a bit. I'm open to suggestions at this point though.

Replies

• Options
    Zeta Finn
  • Options
    Zeta Finn destroys that node easily.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed - Zeta Finn is power
  • Options
    Zinn resistance team
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yep.

I thought it was impossible until I gave that zeta to Finn and then I was like "why did I think that was so hard?"

zFinn teams can clear every light side and cantina battle without trouble.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Borrow a maxed CLS and use wedge lead
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    The old strategy used to be G11 Wiggs, Lando, ST Han with a really weak Old Ben. Let Ben die, buff the heck out of everyone and squeak out a victory.
  • Options
    Yeah you can also borrow a maxed old Ben, that way when he dies you can still 3 star
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    DarthKitty wrote: »
    The old strategy used to be G11 Wiggs, Lando, ST Han with a really weak Old Ben. Let Ben die, buff the heck out of everyone and squeak out a victory.

You can't three star a node with that strategy.

Edit: Unless you are able to find an old ben ally but that's rare unless you ask a guildie for it.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have done most LS nodes with Jedi, borrow GK lead then pick barriss for more d and healing or Anakin for more power.
  • Options
    I used zqgj Jedi squad and borrowed Old Ben. This was when I didn't have zfinn otherwise I would have used him instead.
  • Options
    Long time ago in galaxy far far away.. i've clear that node by wiggs, sthan, leia, akbar, and borrow lando.

U should try borrow cls, his lead give 50% def to rebel allies. Ur phonix team can hold much longer, without need to change ur team composition. Ex : build zfinn team.

But if u want to build zfinn resistance team it's okay bcause they don't need heavy resource. U can clear the node with only g8 team.
  • Options
    I had the same team as u, same gear level and did it with a borrowed commander luke
  • Options
    Long time ago I used a borrowed GK and my Jedi team: zQGJ, Anakin, Yoda, Luminara and Barris.
  • Options
    I used a Jedi team with QGJ Lead because his zeta provides Foresight which is useful especially when the AI tries hitting one Jedi after another. The other Jedi used were IGD, Yoda (not Hermit Yoda), Bariss and Luminara.
    I hope that helps in your quest to get the most difficult 3 star
  • Options
    Yea zeta Finn is great for this. My first time through though I didn’t have zeta Finn. I used a wedge lead with cls ally lead rebel squad (these could be interchanged). And use zeta r2 (number crunch) to increase everyone’s health. When any of the enemy actually get their AOE off. Your whole team counters them. Also, on the last wave, focus boba before he can get his execute off
  • Options

False. I'm running zFinn and just got mowed down in the first level of 3. All level 85 G10-11, fully modded. Maybe an update ruined this, but it about impossible which is what brought me to this board. No **** clue how anyone is supposed to beat this. Are you running all resistance? I haven't zetad Rey, granted, but she got mowed the **** down quickly.
  • Options
    I've 3*'d literally every light side hard node with Phoenix, borrowing either a Wedge or a CLS.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    enltguy wrote: »

False. I'm running zFinn and just got mowed down in the first level of 3. All level 85 G10-11, fully modded. Maybe an update ruined this, but it about impossible which is what brought me to this board. No **** clue how anyone is supposed to beat this. Are you running all resistance? I haven't zetad Rey, granted, but she got mowed the **** down quickly.

You must be doing something wrong, who else are you running with Finn? And who are you using for the borrowed toon? How are your mods?

FWIW I 3 starred all the LS hard nodes with G8 Phoenix (except G8 Ezra) and a borrowed maxed CLS. Took a couple of goes for some of them but got there in the end.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    zFinn borrowing a JTR ally is one of the most absurdly broken feedback loops you can use PvE, especially if you put Resistance Trooper in the mix.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    zFinn borrowing a JTR ally is one of the most absurdly broken feedback loops you can use PvE, especially if you put Resistance Trooper in the mix.

Exactly how I three starred that one...
  • Options
    Don't have many allies running resistance but went with what others have suggested: Phoenix + zCLS.
  • Options
    Old Ben lead gives turn meter on evasion, borrow a zQGJ for free foresight and run jedi. My CLS was tanky enough to throw him in and it took a couple of goes but I found that stood up to the AoEs better than my Phoenix were.
  • Options
    I did it a long time ago with a mostly gear 8 phoenix team, with a zeta on Kanan. I can't remember exactly who I borrowed, but I think it was a maxed out Wedge or CLS.