LANDO farming numbers

So with this amazing character now available and for those of us who decide to go ahead and farm him lies the doubt on where to farm him

He is available in Cantina nodes 1-E and 5-F

Well, I´ve done some simple maths and determined that unless your goal is to unlock/star him as fast as possible the best deal long-term is to farm him at 5-F for the reasons I am about to explain:

*Note all these numbers are achieved per day and with only one cantina refill (100 crystals)

OPTION A: 5-F total 240 cantina energy gets you:

20 battles
6 shards (at 30% drop rate)
90.000 credits
20*** training droids and 20* training droids= total worth of 15600 training XP
420 cantina tokens

OPTION B: 1-E total 240 cantina energy gets you:

30 battles
9 shards (at 30% drop rate)
30.000 credits
60** training droids and 60* training droids= total worth of 4800 training XP
390 cantina tokens

So that´s it, It´s probably better to farm him at 5-F if you have access to it due to the amount of credits and training droids granted, that can be an advantage in the future. Lack of these two resources due to farming GS in level 1 all the way to 7* is my problem atm.

Maybe many of you already knew of these benefits of farming in higher cantina levels, which seem pretty obvious and logical given the harder difficulty but it´s always good to see that the numbers match if you know what I mean. And it´s cool to help out all the Lando and Scoundrel lovers out there!

Replies

• Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If you just want him for the sake of collecting, obviously the harder nodes give better reward. If you actually want to promote him to 7 stars ASAP the 8 cost missions give 150% shards per energy spent, thus 66 days instead of 99 days (33,3% chance for shards).
  • Options
    Also, don't forget to mention that the higher level node also has a higher drop chance for ability materials! Those combined with the training droids and cantina tokens I feel far make up for the slight increase in tokens from the lower level mission.
  • Options
    That's pretty straightforward, yes. I always do missions as high as possible. Kylo Ren farming for a mere 4 days at 6-C has given me about 10-15 Mk3 Ability Materials. Amazing.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    I'll start farming him after I get 18 more to finish Dooku.
  • Options
    Ive gotten 15 Lando shards already.
  • Options
    Also, don't forget to mention that the higher level node also has a higher drop chance for ability materials! Those combined with the training droids and cantina tokens I feel far make up for the slight increase in tokens from the lower level mission.

True, you´re right, those purple ability mats come in handy. I´d say all the reward are better if you farm him in level 5 except for the quantity of shards, that is slightly higher and quicker at level 1.

Can´t wait to get my hands on him!
  • Options
    Higher levels are better.
    8 cantina energy gets you 13 Cantina Credit (1.625 credit per energy)

12 cantina energy gets you 21 Cantina Credit
    (1.75 credit per energy)

So you are getting your cantina shipment characters at a higher rate
  • Options
    Always better to get more shards per day
  • Options
    What are the drop rates on these farming lockations? Is it the same?
  • Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    If you just want him for the sake of collecting, obviously the harder nodes give better reward. If you actually want to promote him to 7 stars ASAP the 8 cost missions give 150% shards per energy spent, thus 66 days instead of 99 days (33,3% chance for shards).

This^^

When it comes to meta shifts, you need to get that character as quickly as possible before the meta inevitably changes again.