In need of payout advice!

I have 3-4 people in my shard who compete intensely for the top 1-3 spots in fleet arena during the same payout as me. It's becoming increasingly frustrating when I try to fight them for p1 and they are in combat. I mean of course they sit on top of it and put ot on x1 and do nothing but that's very frustrating.

I don't know if it would be better for pay out to simply be redesigned or not but I need a solution to this. What strategies are you all using for this? I am tired of those monkeys sitting on top of a fight so I can't battle them. When I try to copy their strat I just can't get it on time.

Replies

• Options
    Find ur shardmates, then coordinate with them 'bout rolling position.
  • Options
    Learn how to snipe. Or join the chat.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

How can you do this? If we all want 1st
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

They are rotating 1 through 3 daily. This is so nobody snipes from lower than that, reducing everyone's rewards, and so everyone gets equal crystals and other stuff.
  • Options

Snipe?
  • Options

Snipe?
    Sniping... knocking someone down just before payout so you get their spot. If you time entering the battle right, you can snipe with 1 min to spare and that won't be enough time for them to best you back.
  • Options

That's the solution from what i read about payout collision. Either u have it in fair share everyday, or give all u can with brutal attack n hope for the best.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback/Ships.

And I'm watchin', keep it courteous...
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Moved to Feedback/Ships.

And I'm watchin', keep it courteous...

@Ambassador love this comment
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I rotate with a few other guys. I'd rather give up a few crystals and not have to be glued to my phone at that hour. It's not worth the stress.
  • Options
    If your fleet power is similar to theirs, probably the best solution would be to make a thread with their names in the thread title in the arena rivalry subforum, just saying that you would like to get in contact with these people. Don't call them out with accusations or anything about why you want to chat. Just try to get in contact first. Then once you do that you can try to negotiate with them.

If your fleet power is a lot lower than theirs, you might not have much of a choice but to try outmaneuvering them for a top rank. I know that if somebody with 100k less power than me were trying to make me bargain for my rank, I'd probably think "Fat chance, buddy. Go build your ships first." Of course you would run the risk of starting a sniping war with people who hold long grudges, so that's something to consider before you start kicking the door down.

Or else just build your ships faster than them. A lot faster. Whoever can't be beaten (or is hardest to beat) is the boss by default; no negotiation required.
  • Options
    If your fleet power is similar to theirs, probably the best solution would be to make a thread with their names in the thread title in the arena rivalry subforum, just saying that you would like to get in contact with these people. Don't call them out with accusations or anything about why you want to chat. Just try to get in contact first. Then once you do that you can try to negotiate with them.

If your fleet power is a lot lower than theirs, you might not have much of a choice but to try outmaneuvering them for a top rank. I know that if somebody with 100k less power than me were trying to make me bargain for my rank, I'd probably think "Fat chance, buddy. Go build your ships first." Of course you would run the risk of starting a sniping war with people who hold long grudges, so that's something to consider before you start kicking the door down.

Or else just build your ships faster than them. A lot faster. Whoever can't be beaten (or is hardest to beat) is the boss by default; no negotiation required.

Is it possible to be banned for teaming(coordinating) for payouts?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There has been no official statements against cooperation in arena. so you are safe, unless that changes.
  • Options

Nope.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    maybe they aren't in contact at all and aren't trying to prevent you specifially from getting #1/2/3, but arejust fighting eachother for top spots each day at pay-out.
    Save water, drink champagne!