First zeta is about a week away.

I'm having issue with deciding my first zeta. I'm looking primarily between QGJ and Kylo.

I'm at a deadlock because I use Jedi for my arena team (oct.2017 shard). I'm currently sitting between 200-300. My team currently is 7* QGJ (lead g10), JKA g9, Ahsoka G8, Barriss G9 and st Han G9 (filler atm).
Guild isn't doing HAAT yet so GK is not an option. If I go his route I'll end up swapping out st han with Aayla. I jave GMyoda but he hasn't really been touched since I got him (told investing under 7* wasn't the best idea). This Jedi team has done all the legwork for me since I put them together.

Kylo (g10) from what I've been told is a beast and in the event I do him is alreadybsitting on almost 44k protection. But I've heard that he rarely uses anything but his aoe when it comes to arena defence.

Any input would be appreciated, I've been debating this one for about a month now. R2 isn't unlocked yet, thrawn is fresh and I'm just not feeling that zader would be a good fit for anything that I have going on. Please guide me

Replies

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I see Zeta kylo in top 100 arena still. Kinda rare, but works alone. Works well in cls teams FO teams. Zeta QGJ may require a lot more in arena, more zetas on other Jedi. Old Ben, Ezra, Barris, etc.
  • Options
    I run Jedi in arena also. Beginning shard. I have zQGJ but run Jedi under a GK lead. QGJ would be a good zeta but there are better. Kylo wouldn’t be a good zeta IMO, if you run Jedi you might want to think about end game zetas. Old Ben taunt zeta for me is one of the best in the game, possibly because OB himself is one of the best toons in the game.
  • Options
    Bariss
  • Options
    zQGJ zeta was really good in arena, and your best option if you want a jedi squad. However currently Jedi aren't a great option. If you want to run them though, go look for a new guild that's farming GK in HAAT. He's the best Jedi in the game, and to leave him off your roster, is a huge mistake. Second best Jedi is Ezra imo.
  • Options
    There were a handful of QGJ zeta leads in my arena top 50 before JRey and return if CLS. Now they are all long gone. It can be helpful lead to have for lightside hard level 9 but at some point will not hold in arena. Agree on old Ben comments. He cannot so much damage but he taunts through fracture which is incredible.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Between Kylo and q def xylo. Gig is pretty useless imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/olddumper/collection/62/clone-wars-chewbacca/

I know a thing or 2 about zeta's. I would say neither. Your first zeta should be on Finn. Plain and simple the most value out of any zeta by far. Kylo would be my pick out of the two you listed but I would do Finn and then Barris. Both can completely meme certain squads.
  • Options
    Barriss fits your team the best now. Or Finn if your Resistance is any good.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Some zetas are hot in the moment, some are long lasting. zFinn is arguably the most useful in the whole game. zKylo is one of those long lasting ones that always comes in handy somewhere. Nowadays zQGJ is only semi-useful in a TW defense squad, I wouldn't use it on him.
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't waste it on either QGJ or Kylo.

• Options
    I agree with @CoastalJames
    No suggestions in this thread would be worth a zeta right now. Keep saving them until you get some end game characters
  • Options
    No rush is there...patience.
  • Options
    From th two you list, def take zylo. Leader zetas are not a great investment early on as they only work in limited squad compositions. QGJ zeta genefits jedi, but jedi are not that great at the moment. They have QGJ, GK, Old ben Zarris and Ezra/Anakin/GM Yoda/Hermit yoda. Notice the big problem? They have so little in the way of offence. On the other hand Zylo is pretty much plug and play in most teams. He is far more flexible, has great defensive properties due to his protection recovery and he can do some decent damage. He is one of those toons (like Barris and Savage) that becomes instantly relevant when zetaed. For first zetas however, I'd recommend Finn, Cody, R2, CLS, Raid Han in no particular order as they give you so much more. Finn and cody make their factions great. R2 (both zetas) offer great benefits to a wide range of toons. CLS zetas on his uniques make one of the most powerful toons even better and he fits into almost any squad. Raid Han zeta takes an average toon and turns him into perhaps the deadliest DD in the game.