Finn leader in arena (video)

Found how to make a video of my phone finally.

Faced a team I personally dislike a lot (Phasma-led anything basically esp. when I meet them 4-5 times in a row in a single GW run).

Anyhoo. Thought I'd be toast.

Some things people don't really discuss but I do find useful and use a lot in GW/arena:

1) Finn did expose (sometimes he stuns, or does both) with his 3rd ability
2) Poe applied Offense down on Fives (which I often try to apply on counter units)
3) Poe heals from resisting Fives' slow embedded in his basic attack. If Fives has Offense down, this can result in some cases to almost no damage to Poe.

https://youtu.be/zCfS4hgdB0U
ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE

Replies

• Options
    Nice. I plan on using Finn later, as I have some excess shards on him anyways. What would you suggest to the devs to improve Finn?
  • Options
    Thanks for the video post. it was informative to know Finn's potential with your team synergy and also interesting to see what your killing order was in order to neutralize Lumi and also to only deal with Phasma last.
  • Options
    Nice video, but not so good strategy. You kind of self-killed your Sidious attacking Fives instead Phasma for example :)

To play with Rey + Finn + Poe, I think Poe would be a better leader:

Finn - Balanced Tactics - Resistance allies gain 22% Offense and 35 Defense, and other allies gain half that amount.

Poe - Ace of the Resistance - Resistance allies gain 25% Offense and 15% Potency.

You will have more firepower and will apply offense down (Poe) and stun + expose (Finn) more often with +15% potency.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    @fberbert I wanted to heal block the previous Lumi dot heal on Fives. Hence why I took a chance and he ended up dying anyways. I'm used to this, really.

@Veldaren I never use his self heal. I'd rework that ability to offer more than a heal in the next round (I'd rather a insta-heal like Chewie's) and/or at least some turn meter manipulation, or really, an actual taunt embedded in it.

I've thought about using Poe as lead, but I like having 11% offense on Sid and Lumi (who was just a useless meatbag in the above fight)

My team is not perfect, but I've been using it for weeks and manage top 10 with it. And a few rank 1 rewards like tonight. I beat droid teams with it too.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Willziak
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    fberbert wrote: »
    Nice video, but not so good strategy. You kind of self-killed your Sidious attacking Fives instead Phasma for example :)

To play with Rey + Finn + Poe, I think Poe would be a better leader:

Finn - Balanced Tactics - Resistance allies gain 22% Offense and 35 Defense, and other allies gain half that amount.

Poe - Ace of the Resistance - Resistance allies gain 25% Offense and 15% Potency.

You will have more firepower and will apply offense down (Poe) and stun + expose (Finn) more often with +15% potency.

But then her Sid and Lumi would get zero benefit instead of 11% offense.
  • Options
    Fantazy wrote: »
    I've thought about using Poe as lead, but I like having 11% offense on Sid and Lumi (who was just a useless meatbag in the above fight)

Sid and Lumi don't do much damage, 11% is not a big deal here. But potency up is! Stun, expose and offense down are powerful debuffs.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    fberbert wrote: »

Sid and Lumi don't do much damage, 11% is not a big deal here. But potency up is! Stun, expose and offense down are powerful debuffs.

I can try tomorrow :) because why not.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Found how to make a video of my phone finally.

Faced a team I personally dislike a lot (Phasma-led anything basically esp. when I meet them 4-5 times in a row in a single GW run).

Anyhoo. Thought I'd be toast.

Some things people don't really discuss but I do find useful and use a lot in GW/arena:

1) Finn did expose (sometimes he stuns, or does both) with his 3rd ability
    2) Poe applied Offense down on Fives (which I often try to apply on counter units)
    3) Poe heals from resisting Fives' slow embedded in his basic attack. If Fives has Offense down, this can result in some cases to almost no damage to Poe.

https://youtu.be/zCfS4hgdB0U

Hey

Thanks, this is awesome

Can you make another video on Resistance Pilot? Thanks!
  • Options
    Great seeing interesting Resistance team!

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct
  • DarthRey
    50 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Isn't Poe's Resistance Leader Power better than Finn's?

Nvm missed above posts.
  • Options
    Rey is just too crazy. I know disney wants that female role, but theres no reason they made her do insane damage, i mean she KO'd 2 people in that who were at decent health. And shes got a staff, its like, weve all seen the movie and shes not going around busting up john cena with it, so why make it so powerful
  • Options
    Rey is just too crazy. I know disney wants that female role, but theres no reason they made her do insane damage, i mean she KO'd 2 people in that who were at decent health. And shes got a staff, its like, weve all seen the movie and shes not going around busting up john cena with it, so why make it so powerful

Don't forget I attacked when she was not debuffed, so 23% offense up. Then she also has 22% offense from Finn's leader skill.

Most of the time for me Sid's AOE dot removes her passive in turn 1. Else it will be Phasma's slow. etc.

ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE