Phoenix Squad: push to 7* or farm other useful heroes?

ManuG
131 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hello guys, it's almost a month playing this game and I want to ask some questions about my farming and progression:

I'm lvl 52 and my phoenix squad is all 5* (Chopper 60/65) and Ezra G7, the rest G6 but almost g7.

1) I'm planning on starting to farm tier 3 health mods and mod them properly since my arena shard is becoming more challenging and I'm struggling a bit, currently rank #97. Should I farm tier 3 mods or just push Ezra/Hera to 7* before modding?

2) As you can see in my profile, I only have Chewwie as scoundrel. Should I stop my Zeb/Kannan/Chopper farm for Bane/STH/Boba or it isn't enough relevant yet? (I have 7m credits right now since I'm only focused in phoenix so I have no problems about training droids or credits for now).

Here is my profile: https://swgoh.gg/u/manug/collection/

Suggestions are welcome! :smiley:

Replies

• Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Once you start mods credits will disappear like crazy.

That said getting one character to seven star is crucial if your guild is doing heroic raids. At your level you will get as many credits from that (5 raids a week) as credit heists.

I would probably do a rush job on mods (any five star mod will do for now good mods can be reformed later) and then go back to hera/Ezra.

How do you feel about Dengar? Badish character but a scoundrel that unlocks at 2 stars and doesn't interfere with farming phoenix at all. He is farmable in the guild shop.
  • Options
    My suggestion is to make sure you have a capable Phoenix squad (g9 or 10 and 7*) and then move into more advanced Rebel and Darkside teams. Biggs is really good and worth farming. Bobba Fett is a necessity for scoundrels and solid character overall for your level.
  • Options
    You can do so much with Phoenix it is ridiculous. So, as a starting player farm them up. Farm them up fairly "evenly" because they are a solid team and you can do a lot with them. (EP, Thrawn, LS nodes, etc.)

There is a group called Reality Skewed Gamers who does streaming and videos on youtube. They have a starter series that talks about all the basics you should work on. It is fairly recent. (Anything over a year old relating to this game usually isn't viable anymore.) Check that series out and you'll see what you should do. There is tons of information out there, just check out youtube and keep looking at dates for anything too old.

Boba should be your #1 scoundrel and Bounty Hunter to farm up. He'll be quite worthwhile for you to have because his leadership ability is useful for all characters, not just one faction. He also has a darn good ship which you'll want to use when you unlock fleet. (You'll get Ackbar and Mace Windu from doing fleet events when you are at the level to unlock fleet so don't worry about farming them too much just yet. Same as Tarkin.)

Start looking at building up a Dark Side team as well. There are quite a few, like Imperial Troopers are good for the long term, same as Sith. Nightsisters are a good DS team too, but a longer term and higher level thing for down the road more.

I don't know how you feel about your guild, but there are many out there that are multiple guild guilds. (50 players per, so they have many sub-guilds) You can try getting into a larger one and they'll have "starter" guilds that build you up and then you get promoted into higher guilds in their group, and so on.

Looks like you're on the right track, keep it up. Good luck with it all.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

That said getting one character to seven star is crucial if your guild is doing heroic raids. At your level you will get as many credits from that (5 raids a week) as credit heists.

I would probably do a rush job on mods (any five star mod will do for now good mods can be reformed later) and then go back to hera/Ezra.

How do you feel about Dengar? Badish character but a scoundrel that unlocks at 2 stars and doesn't interfere with farming phoenix at all. He is farmable in the guild shop.

Hey mate, thanks for answering!

My guild is currently doing heroic pit + ATT VI. The quickest and easiest way to enter I would say it's Zeb farm, I have been doing maths and I could have him 7* by next week because I can complete easily each daily GW so that is 15 shards per day (35/185 right now)

On the other hand, arena shard is becoming harder so I think that modding my whole squad with at least 4-5 dots health mods is essential if I want to keep myself in top 100 and even push for top 50.

Regarding to Dengar, I decided to get a jump on work and started to farm OB and farmboy for CLS, should I go for Dengar and then continue with OB and farmboy?

There are many important decisions to make and it's a bit overwhelming because I consider I'm on the right track and don't want to run it :sweat_smile:
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to make sure you have a capable Phoenix squad (g9 or 10 and 7*) and then move into more advanced Rebel and Darkside teams. Biggs is really good and worth farming. Bobba Fett is a necessity for scoundrels and solid character overall for your level.

Yeah I'm pushing them to 7* before moving into a DS team for R2 event, I just wanted to know what to do first, if mod them properly with health mods and then make the final push or viceversa :smile:

Thanks for advice!
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    You can do so much with Phoenix it is ridiculous. So, as a starting player farm them up. Farm them up fairly "evenly" because they are a solid team and you can do a lot with them. (EP, Thrawn, LS nodes, etc.)

There is a group called Reality Skewed Gamers who does streaming and videos on youtube. They have a starter series that talks about all the basics you should work on. It is fairly recent. (Anything over a year old relating to this game usually isn't viable anymore.) Check that series out and you'll see what you should do. There is tons of information out there, just check out youtube and keep looking at dates for anything too old.

Boba should be your #1 scoundrel and Bounty Hunter to farm up. He'll be quite worthwhile for you to have because his leadership ability is useful for all characters, not just one faction. He also has a darn good ship which you'll want to use when you unlock fleet. (You'll get Ackbar and Mace Windu from doing fleet events when you are at the level to unlock fleet so don't worry about farming them too much just yet. Same as Tarkin.)

Start looking at building up a Dark Side team as well. There are quite a few, like Imperial Troopers are good for the long term, same as Sith. Nightsisters are a good DS team too, but a longer term and higher level thing for down the road more.

I don't know how you feel about your guild, but there are many out there that are multiple guild guilds. (50 players per, so they have many sub-guilds) You can try getting into a larger one and they'll have "starter" guilds that build you up and then you get promoted into higher guilds in their group, and so on.

Looks like you're on the right track, keep it up. Good luck with it all.

I will take a look, never heard about them before!

I know Boba is an useful toon, I'm farming him in hard nodes since Chopper is my priority in cantina store for now.

Regarding to the DS team, I'm not interested in NS and honestly I will only build a DS squad for R2 event so it would be something like EP,TFP,Vader,Tarkin and RG or Stormy probably since I haven't been able to get Thrawn 5* this time.

Thanks for all dude! Good luck to you too :smile:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    ManuG wrote: »

My guild is currently doing heroic pit + ATT VI. The quickest and easiest way to enter I would say it's Zeb farm, I have been doing maths and I could have him 7* by next week because I can complete easily each daily GW so that is 15 shards per day (35/185 right now)

Definitely do this. Credits guild currency ship building materials are all crucial not to mention the gear drops that you probably won't appreciate for a while but are amazing.

On the other hand, arena shard is becoming harder so I think that modding my whole squad with at least 4-5 dots health mods is essential if I want to keep myself in top 100 and even push for top 50.

Regarding to Dengar, I decided to get a jump on work and started to farm OB and farmboy for CLS, should I go for Dengar and then continue with OB and farmboy?

There are many important decisions to make and it's a bit overwhelming because I consider I'm on the right track and don't want to run it :sweat_smile:

You've 7 million credits now but that will go up in smoke when you upgrade 14 five dot mods. I'd probably finish Phoenix and go scoundrels with every asset you don't need for phoenix. So Dengar in guild store and wait til you finish 7 staring phoenix before doing anything else.

I'd probably do some mod farming but only in so far as you can afford to fully upgrade them (ie not too much).
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options

Definitely do this. Credits guild currency ship building materials are all crucial not to mention the gear drops that you probably won't appreciate for a while but are amazing.

You've 7 million credits now but that will go up in smoke when you upgrade 14 five dot mods. I'd probably finish Phoenix and go scoundrels with every asset you don't need for phoenix. So Dengar in guild store and wait til you finish 7 staring phoenix before doing anything else.

I'd probably do some mod farming but only in so far as you can afford to fully upgrade them (ie not too much).

Roger Roger!

I will invest a week or so in 5 dots mods while I continue farming the rest of phoenix from stores, hopefully I get a few ones with good primary and secondary stats. Then return to Ezra/Hera.

So the proper route is: Phoenix to 7* > scoundrels > DS team for R2 event

Thanks again dude!
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options

Roger!

I will invest one week or so in 5 health dot mods while I continue farming the rest of phoenix in stores. Hopefully I get a few ones with good primary and secondary stats. Then return to Ezra/Hera.

So the route to follow is: Phoenix to 7* > scoundrels > DS team for R2 event

Thanks again dude!

P.S: It's a bit frustrating I couldn't unlock Thrawn 5* this time if only one week more... haha
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    That's my opinion alright. Bear in mind that 14 five dot mods for less than 300 cantina energy will drain your bank account to near zero credits.

One of the reasons I'm suggesting phoenix first rather than trying to rescue your credit balance is that I suspect that Palpatine will be early February and you would rather have a seven star team to get a seven star Palpatine than wait a couple of months. Also if you stop starring up your team it will be hard to compete in arena as well.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    That's my opinion alright. Bear in mind that 14 five dot mods for less than 300 cantina energy will drain your bank account to near zero credits.

One of the reasons I'm suggesting phoenix first rather than trying to rescue your credit balance is that I suspect that Palpatine will be early February and you would rather have a seven star team to get a seven star Palpatine than wait a couple of months. Also if you stop starring up your team it will be hard to compete in arena as well.

You're totally right, I also heard about EP coming in February so it would be awesome to unlock him at 7*.

By the way, I have 1,5k crystals which should help me a lot. I'm using them mainly to get all the squad to g7 (only Ezra for now) so that is 150 crystals each day plus 1 refresh in cantina but I wouldn't mind to spend another refresh in cantina/mods if neccesary.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

You're totally right, I also heard about EP coming in February so it would be awesome to unlock him at 7*.

By the way, I have 1,5k crystals which should help me a lot. I'm using them mainly to get all the squad to g7 (only Ezra for now) so that is 150 crystals each day plus 1 refresh in cantina but I wouldn't mind to spend another refresh in cantina/mods if neccesary.

The way refreshes are designed is that the cheap refreshes are good value. I do them all. 3 100 cantina energy refreshes and 3 normal energy refreshes.

If your crystal energy supports this I would the same.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks so much boys and girls for all the support and wise advise!

I'll keep 100% focus :smile:
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options
    Oh my god guys sorry for the double post but I just unlocked thrawn 5* with 3 hours left hahaha

Can anyone explain me how exactly does this affect to my progression? Should I replace him for any Phoenix member?

Edit: I'm so happy right now, I'm playing for less than one month and I already have a 'legendary' Hero :smiley:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Oh my god guys sorry for the double post but I just unlocked thrawn 5* with 3 hours left hahaha

Can anyone explain me how exactly does this affect to my progression? Should I replace him for any Phoenix member?

Edit: I'm so happy right now, I'm playing for less than one month and I already have a 'legendary' Hero :smiley:

Well it's upto you. First of all if you sub out a phoenix member you still need to farm that character to 7 stars and at least gear 8 to get 7 star thrawn next time. For me I've tried out gear 7 seven star thrawn instead of a gear ix 7 star chopper in my arena team a few times and it went well but that was against specific squads that cause me trouble.

Fortunately or unfortunately I've someone else I need to gear (tier iv credit heists coming soon) so I won't dedicate myself to thrawn for a bit.
  • ManuG
    131 posts Member
    Options

Well it's upto you. First of all if you sub out a phoenix member you still need to farm that character to 7 stars and at least gear 8 to get 7 star thrawn next time. For me I've tried out gear 7 seven star thrawn instead of a gear ix 7 star chopper in my arena team a few times and it went well but that was against specific squads that cause me trouble.

Fortunately or unfortunately I've someone else I need to gear (tier iv credit heists coming soon) so I won't dedicate myself to thrawn for a bit.

Well this is for sure a great advance for R2 event! I was just wondering if I could replace a phoenix member for him and if so, which one would be less necessary? Since they share their unique abilities...

Of course I will continue farming my Phoenix to 7* before moving to scoundrels and then DS team.