I Cant read some peoples posts

Ztyle
1970 posts Member
Some peoples posts or replies aren't there, like I can't read anything written by Shenanigans052 in this thread
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/155361/can-someone-explain-the-direction-that-ships-were-supposed-to-take-when-they-were-introduced#latest
I contacted him and I'm not ignored by him, as I thought that might be the reason, and wanted to check before writing this.
He's far from the only one I cannot read anything from on the forum, it's actually really annoying, as I constantly see 1 new on threads and no new post and following discussions where I have to fill in the blanks myself.
BTW if I look at their profile it says "This user has not made any discussions yet." and "This user has not commented yet."
I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

Replies

• Options
    This happened to someone on Reddit before. They could make new posts but no one could read them. Turns out they were informally banned. He should log out and see if his own posts are still visible. I can't see them.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    The spam filter could have deleted the posts when someone tried to edit them

Then op could have deleted the posts.

A moderator could have deleted the posts.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Can't see Shenanigans052 's posts either. They do show up in "discussions" as the last user to comment, but when i open the thread there's nothing there.
    This isn't new, i've seen this happen alot of times. My ignore list is empty, so it isn't that.
    I also still miss my "participated" section.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Shadowbanning / ghost banning / stealth banning
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Nothing so nefarious, just the spam filter acting up.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

How's that possible though, since some people can see the posts, where as others can not see the posts?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

How's that possible though, since some people can see the posts, where as others can not see the posts?

How do you know some people can see the posts? This happened to me before. I was marked by the system as being a spammer and eventually realized that while it still showed me my own posts, nobody else could see them. Kyno got me un-marked.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Because both Kyno and JaggedJ are quoting a post that isn't viewable for me.
    5kiu5i.png
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    It’s possible they did that before he got marked as a spammer. Once you are marked all your posts disappear, even the ones from before you were marked.
  • Options
    Happens to me all the time . If you edit posts especially
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    It’s possible they did that before he got marked as a spammer. Once you are marked all your posts disappear, even the ones from before you were marked.

That is also a possibility. I don't know how it all works, seemed to me others could still read comments that i couldnt.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I remember the thread when it was first posted. I could see the op's posts then. Now I cannot.
  • Options
    https://vanillaforums.com/en/features/moderation/
    read about how these forums are moderated in the link. i have seen more than a few members shadowbanned. they are able to post, but the post doesnt show up in other members feeds. racerdject is the only name that i can remember.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡