Enough with LS getting FORESIGHT nonstop!

DEATHCOYOTE
977 posts Member
edited January 2018
Guys, seriously, there isn’t a single ability more incredibly lopsided in LSs favor than foresight. Does anyone know the definition of balance cause I swear you give everyone who doesn’t have force powers the ability on the LS, and then all those with force powers. It’s insane. Now stupid holdo gives it... that lady that got her entire group killed instead of just hyperdriving into it from the start and saving her whole fleet. How much foresight did she have in the movie? Literally she was astonished the entire time. Is there some modicum of balance coupled with believability from anyone making these choices cause it appears to just be LS cult love of never ending proportions.

Replies

• Options
    Hey darkside love is coming next its better late then never right.
  • Options
    Join the LS. Problem solved. That's what I've learnt since last year anyway.

You like to use DS? Use them everywhere else like DS TB or GW or TW.
  • Options
    I don't like this solution any more than you does not mean it's not a solution.
  • Options
    Foresight is easily the most obnoxious buff in the game. Their inability to recognize this, or their refusal to think beyond just slapping it on whatever to make the whatever "tough" is equally as obnoxious. With the uniqueness of some of the NS mechanics, I had hope, but as generally happens, that hope was misplaced.
  • Options
    Tenacity Up is way more obnoxious than Foresight. Foresight only negates the next attack. Tenacity Up negates almost all debuffs till it wears off. But let us not forget that Tenacity Up is also only available on the Light Side. In conclusion, come to the Light Side.
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Hey darkside love is coming next its better late then never right.

Will never be enough, LS gets 11 months out of 12. DS gets one at most.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    We have an almost full guild with 7-8 dark side arena users, so around 20%.

Every single one has dropped in arena. I for one have around 150 places. I've never expected to just sit and enjoy the ride. The release of CLS was a warning and I took it. Started plan B (Empire) instantly. Then add JTR and the return of CLS and it was bound to happen.

We're not asking for all the best toons but more high end ones that can compete with the Meta. Talzin & Thrawn are the only two making a serious dent.

If you add Empire, Sith and Bounty Hunters together it's that same amount as the Rebels have. Way less options and inferior.

If we all follow the Meta brick road with rebels the game will suffer in the long run.

Brushing this blatant issue under the carpet and suggesting we just run rebels isn't the answer.

Great original post :smile:
  • Options
    Foresight is one thing, but characters with Taunt having it is just awful. Taunt already forces you to attack a certain character, which is obnoxious, and when that Taunt has foresight? Terrible. Then again, that's R2's entire gimmick.
  • Options
    I hate Rose and Holdo, l am going to play the event, but l am not even going to Active those shi*** characters. We can't get Darth Revan but we got this stinky pair.
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure the Dark Side is going to shake up the meta in a big way here soon
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure the Dark Side is going to shake up the meta in a big way here soon

For like a month and then CG as it always does, immediately releases the LS counter to it
  • Options
    I use my dark side for GW and they are actually really fun. Excited for the palp rework too. Hopefully the dark side will rise again!!!
  • Options
    I’ve been waiting a very long time for my tuskens... Really annoyed that they haven’t been released them yet and now a sith rework... I’m gonna have to wait until June at this rate...
    Don't blame me if you are annoyed at me - blame yourself for even looking at me. You pessimist!
  • Daeva
    55 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I don't see how DS is gonna shake it up they already stealth nerfed first order with the last patch, I guess because he could beat CLS meta? their average damage has been droppoed noticably, and kylos zeta no longer heals on turn meter manipulation, I went from top 50 easy to struggling to get into top 100 over night, losing to teams I was beating with little trouble.
  • Options
    I've truly never had an issue with foresight.
    Always Dark Side in Arena. It's not that hard to combat.
    JT Rey teams for sure are a challenge right now, but that's more about their turnmeter regeneration than the foresight they have and guess what - (to take just one game mechanic in beating them) once you plague* one character, they spread it themselves, so the fast they move the faster they die.

*I'm F2P so don't have 7-star Talzin but that doesn't matter
  • Options
    Raid Han ignores foresight with his basic. R2's Improvise goes right through it too. Baze's AoE dispel blows that stuff right off. When Leia triple taps, the first knocks off foresight, but those second two shots hit home.

Oh....wait...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn's fraction is unavoidable on hits right through foresight.
  • Options
    Ventress does it too, but not only were most your examples LS counters for the massively lopsided favoritism in CG game design, but foresight can gonright back up like it never left. Don’t even pretend that doesn’t happen. LS cultists.
  • Options
    and the point was not how to deal with foresight LS addicts, it is the lopsided use of it on one side.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Now he's a math professor?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Now he's a math professor?

No - now he’s researching cancer
    Don't blame me if you are annoyed at me - blame yourself for even looking at me. You pessimist!