How bad does CLS team look now?

Prev1
Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited January 2018
This is not a complaint but just a question. Now that Holdo can AOE daze, and CLS lead teams already struggle against Jedi Rey teams even w/o her
So can any cls lead teams beat maxed out Jedi rey, bb8, r2, gk, holdo team? on offense?

Replies

• Options
    And wampas coming to arena soon too with AOE daze. CLS lead, at least, is a dying bread.

Some people are saying Darth Vader rework will include AOE daze too, like it did in R2 mythic event
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    yes forgot to mention wampa as well. but wampa has no synergy while holdo has a lot of synergy & foresight (another weakness of cls)
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I reckon cls has been demoted from top tier everything toon to second tier arena toon and top tier raid/guild toon.
  • Options
    That’s not right in my opinion, how hard we had to work for him and now he’s not good anymore
  • Options
    Confusion...

Haven't we had an aoe daze on maul for... forever now?
  • Options
    Not the best =/= not good
  • Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Confusion...

yes but seldom used in arena, aka, there used to be less CLS counters. They just quadrupled.
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    DarthDuck wrote: »
    That’s not right in my opinion, how hard we had to work for him and now he’s not good anymore

That's the power creep. Wish they would balance instead of power creep, but balance makes less money than obsolete and overpowered toons every 3 months
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Confusion...

Yeah but maul wasn't that good. Actually a good emperor zeta could bring maul into a mixed sith/empire team for aoe daze.
  • Options
    Confusion...

yes but seldom used in arena, aka, there used to be less CLS counters. They just quadrupled.

Maul isn't great... yeah. But swapping in some1 for specific arena matches, etc, etc.

Point is... the aoe daze counter has been there the whole time.
  • Options
    Confusion...

Point is not just AOE daze. Single ability can be easily handled with any sort of cleanse. The poimt's about Resistance getting an AOE daze on the table.
    By Resistance we mean they can reduce cooldown very efficiently. And they are hard to be hit due to already existing synergy between them
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    Confusion...

Yeah but maul wasn't that good. Actually a good emperor zeta could bring maul into a mixed sith/empire team for aoe daze.

Also, maul is an attacker with low health. Holdo is a tank with an AOE daze. A lot harder to get rid of her
  • Options

Cls was the easiest character to get... ever. /boggle
  • Options

Cls was the easiest character to get... ever. /boggle

No it is not. and the topic of my thread is nowhere near that.
  • Options
    The amount of control exerted by the titans is extraordinary.. shoots first ,fracture , two team cleanses(with CA zeta) plus two other cleanses too. And damage output is insane too..

On other note, idk why people people are concerned by daze lol.. That stops counters only.
    Dont forget that tm gain is stopped too by daze.. so its more like a resistance counter to resistance XD
    Ps. I like facing jtr teams more than facing titans while using titans lol

IMO^
  • Options
    Confusion...

Point is not just AOE daze. Single ability can be easily handled with any sort of cleanse. The poimt's about Resistance getting an AOE daze on the table.
    By Resistance we mean they can reduce cooldown very efficiently. And they are hard to be hit due to already existing synergy between them

I'm confused now... this isn't what the original post was asking/stating... what is it you are actually trying to get at?

Op: is cls any good now?
    This post: holdo is OP.

Which is it? Kinda hard to try and answer you otherwise.
  • Options
    The amount of control exerted by the titans is extraordinary.. shoots first ,fracture , two team cleanses(with CA zeta) plus two other cleanses too. And damage output is insane too..

On other note, idk why people people are concerned by daze lol.. That stops counters only.
    Dont forget that tm gain is stopped too by daze.. so its more like a resistance counter to resistance XD
    Ps. I like facing jtr teams more than facing titans while using titans lol

IMO^

That's a good point. Thanks. But how about the foresight issues how would you handle it with Holdo constantly spreading foresight and GK doing his job as always? Not being sarcastic. Just askimg for opinion
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Confusion...

I'm confused now... this isn't what the original post was asking/stating... what is it you are actually trying to get at?

Op: is cls any good now?
    This post: holdo is OP.

Which is it? Kinda hard to try and answer you otherwise.

So can any cls lead teams beat maxed out Jedi rey, bb8, r2, gk, holdo team? on offense?

Yeah the last sentence of the original post is my question
  • Options
    Are you relying completely on counters to win it now? If so, the answer is no. If not, the the answer is yes... but it'll be a little harder now
  • Options
    We have a g12 holdo on a jtr team on our shard.
    That guy is using chopper.
    It's an easy win for everyone so far
  • Options
    Are you relying completely on counters to win it now? If so, the answer is no. If not, the the answer is yes... but it'll be a little harder now

Thanks. How would you win it whether or not relying on counter? Is it Titan team or other team composition?

plus I'm assuming similarly good mods on both cls and opposing jedi rey team (no +175 speed)
  • Options
    Daze also affects bonus turnmeter . And assists
    Not just prevents counters
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »

I assume that's because one can fracture Holdo and focus on one by one?
  • Options

Yep... and how much good was that 5% TM gain on resisting a detrimental effect doing against that Rey team to begin w/?

Assist is a dif story... but I don't think the OP stated his cls squad setup... so who knows.
  • Options

Yep... and how much good was that 5% TM gain on resisting a detrimental effect doing against that Rey team to begin w/?

Assist is a dif story... but I don't think the OP stated his cls squad setup... so who knows.

I didn't write my specific team because my question's not about my cls team going against jedi rey team. it's about any possible cls lead team against the specific jedi rey team.

What would be the way to beat the specific jedi rey team (jrey,bb,r2,holdo, gk) with a cls team (cls, ?,?,?,?) is my question.
  • Options

I have been using Ezra to help against foresight, with the double attacks and assist and bonus turnmeter. Daze destroys Ezra's usefulness.

AOE daze also diminishes hermit yoda teams' value
  • Options

I have been using Ezra to help against foresight, with the double attacks and assist and bonus turnmeter. Daze destroys Ezra's usefulness.

AOE daze also diminishes hermit yoda teams' value

Fair point. Daze shuts down han solo's double shot basic too. It also reduces the utility of combat analysis zeta.
  • Options

@Anakin_Skywalker there are several ways to deal with holdo, depending on who the 5th slot is.

When she taunts, she can either be 1) stunned 2) fractured 3) buff immunity 4) killed
  • Options

@Anakin_Skywalker there are several ways to deal with holdo, depending on who the 5th slot is.

When she taunts, she can either be 1) stunned 2) fractured 3) buff immunity 4) killed

Thanks. One thing seems certain for me. Thrawn is needed in the CLS lead team to beat the Jedi Rey GK Holdo team. With Thrawn I can fracture GK or Holde. I speculate it should be better used on Holdo, to shut down the foresight synergy.

Problem is GK. W/o fracture, buff immunity can be easily cleansed by GK. So problem is I am forced to struggle to take down GK, while enemy R2/Jrey/BB8 do their things.

I wonder if CLS GK Thrawn Han R2 team can deal with GK quick enough. and after that we still got the all 4 resistance left.