Farming Techniques....

Is it more efficient (bears more gear/shards) to farm low end 6-8 energy battles or the high end 12-16 battles? Or are the middle 10 energy battles the best? Theoretically If you took two toons from scratch and built them both up, one using only low end and the other only high end, who would reach 7*, meta the fastest?

Replies

• Options
    Drop rate is the same, regardless of the energy of the node. Lower energy nodes will therefore yield more shards/gear per energy spent.
  • Options
    Is this proven/ stated somewhere or just personal experience?
  • Options
    personal experience for me is that for shard farming lower level nodes are better. higher level nodes are good only for cantina store points, and better misc rewards.
  • Options

It's been proven a while back would take so serious digging on Reddit to unearth it
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    If you want ship currency to build up its good to farm the higher energy nodes. Sometimes the higher energy nodes have better equip drops as well.

For instance if you farm a 8 energy Lando node versus a 12.

The 12 energy node will give 1.6 times Cantina energy, 4.5 times more credits, and give you ship currency which you won't get at all from the 8 energy node.

So while farming the lower energy nodes will be faster to star toons, it may not always be *better*.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend farming anything based on ship currency. You'll get to a point where you don't really need it anymore, and that point will come faster than you think.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Cassius97
    74 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I wouldn't recommend farming anything based on ship currency. You'll get to a point where you don't really need it anymore, and that point will come faster than you think.

Depends where you are at in the game I suppose. If you are a two year player I guess it's not that important.

I've been playing for a year and I am still scrambling to find enough ship currency. I think its important to build lots early in the game so you can race to the zeta challenge as well as finish high in the fleet arena for the oh so important crystals which will get you, and keep you out in front of the pack.
  • TVF
    36611 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »

Depends where you are at in the game I suppose. If you are a two year player I guess it's not that important.

I'm under one year (April 2017).

I didn't believe other people that said I'd stop worrying about ship currency until it started happening to me. I have one capital ship (Mace) and two fighters (KRUM/SFFOTF) that aren't level 85. So yeah I throw currency at those three when I have it but I don't need it.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tvf/ships/

And it helps that I'm finishing at the top of my shard most days, but I also got past that zeta challenge months ago. The number of ships you actually need to take to 85 is fairly limited. It's not like credits where you have a billion toons to level and promote and mods to level.

There are so many things to farm these days, ship currency should be at the absolute bottom of the list. Nice little bonus if it's coming along something you actually need, but don't factor it in at all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Cassius97 wrote: »

I've been playing for a year and I am still scrambling to find enough ship currency. I think its important to build lots early in the game so you can race to the zeta challenge as well as finish high in the fleet arena for the oh so important crystals which will get you, and keep you out in front of the pack.

You guild has a massive effect on your ship currency income. If you were noting a good one then it declines significantly. The tank raid drops ship currency so being in a guild doing very regular tank raids makes a massive difference.
  • Options
    The question between a higher or lower farming spot depends on what are you planning on getting.

If you're looking only for shards, than the lower the better - you'll get the same chance for less energy, which can give you more attempts.

If you're looking for gear, than look at the specific nodes to see which one gives gear you need more.

If you're looking for currency (credits/cantina currency/fleet credits), the higher the better.

And, of course, doing all of the above will get you the fastest results, but will consume a lot of your resources.
  • Options

It's been proven a while back would take so serious digging on Reddit to unearth it

This is correct. Character shard drop rate is consistent at 30-33%, regardless of energy amount or type. Just as an aside, it also doesn't matter if you sim 1, 3 or 20 at a time. There have been many people and entire guilds that have tracked and recorded the data.

Purple gear drops at 20%.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    TY Nikoms ... great data!