Rush Magma or patience for Vader

Polar
13 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hi everyone,

With R2 event probably coming in march, I'm planing to build decent empire squad.

I'm lvl 77 atm and here are my characters :
https://swgoh.gg/u/polar/collection/

As an Empire team I was thinking Emperor Palpatine, Tie Fighter Pilot , Royal Guard, Grand Moff Tarkin and I wish Vader can take the 5th slot.

The problem is my Vader is only 5* (48/85). I get 5 shards each time it appears in shipment, what doesn't happen often at all. Otherwise general progression brings shards from time to time, but I can't estimate the time required to have him at 7*.

Can I hope my vader to be ready (7*) that way in March ?
Should i rush Magmatrooper in GW ?
Or Snowtrooper with cantina energy (he is already at 5* but there are so many other interesting farm in cantina) ?

Any suggestion appreciated,

Regards.

Replies

• Options
    What about stormtrooper? u can buy him with ur cantina token meanwhile u're farming someone else at cantina node
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'd read through the achievements available to you to complete. There's probably not a huge amount of shards that are relatively close. If so I would imagine it would be hard to complete Vader. I'd echo @RacerDejak that I would reccomend storm trooper before magmatrooper. Magmatrooper is weaker and his special has tmr which is 100% resisted in tier vii of the event.
  • Options
    I would suggest snow via bronziums, guild, and cantina. He is a needed toon for DS TB and a plug in for NA/zombie cheese you are sure to be seeing in your level of arena.
  • Options
    with magma you gotta spend more more gears to clear tier 7. not good. go for storm
  • Options
    General Veers leader is amazing with troopers. But the troopers have to be raised to full equipment and good moods. I have Veers (L) Snow, Storm, shore and Moff Tarking in the Guild event and they go very well. I have z on veers, that is true.
    May the Chromiun packs be with you
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely don't go for Magma.

Vader is much better under Palp's lead and better for the event in particular. The only thing Magma has going for him is he'll be speed up by all the debuffs going on your team

I'd go with Storm or Vader, but neither are fast farms.

getting r2's last star is rather difficult. Not even sure Magma can manage it.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I would prioritize Shore if you can get him. He makes everything easy - especially paired with storm. Magma isnt bad actually. I use him in my troopers team.
  • Options
    Snowtrooper as many have said. He is needed for DS TB missions and his aoe is amazing!
  • Options
    Thank you for those advises, now i have to decide between Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper !
  • Options
    Polar wrote: »
    Thank you for those advises, now i have to decide between Stormtrooper and Snowtrooper !

If u have lot of ally point, then why not try ur luck gettin' snowtrooper with bronzium? u don't sacrafice anything, just push screen button thousand times :lol:

I think i've got my snowtrooper until 70/100 via bronzium. Then i farm rest 30 shards. But it's not weekly process. It's monthly process.. not everytime u open bronzium u will get snowtrooper :neutral:
  • Options
    I kinda went through the same thing the last time R2 came around and didn't quite make it to all 7*. The easiest farms were Snow Trooper and Royal guard. I already had Tarkin, Vader, and Palp at 7* so I just needed to finish out the 5 toon team. If you don't already have tie pilot, I'd work on him too since he's pretty vital for Fleet and a pretty easy farm.

I didn't do TFP just because my RG and SnT were already closer to 7*.