New Player. Started today.

Prev1
Hi guys,

I started today playing the game. I'm just level 13 and I would like to know if you have some tips or if there is some tutorial. What things I should do, how to get more heros and so on.

At the moment I have 5 Heros from the Light Side and 3 from the Dark.
Don't really know how to keep improving.

Best regards.

Replies

• Options
    There is loads and loads and loads of really good stuff on Youtube.
  • Options
    Ok I see. I'll try to farm like that.

3 stars or + I only have Luke, Kylo Ren and Chewbacca.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Hi @Miguelispro and welcome to the forums!

A lot of the basic information about the forums can be found here, including some borrow a hero threads, where veterans post their ally codes so newer players can be their ally and borrow their very strong characters for completing light side, dark side, cantina or challenge missions: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154737/new-player-index.p1

There is also a Guides Index, with a lot of advice and information for old and new players, such as guides, an acronym listing, and what unlocks when: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/152788/guides-index/p1

The Game Changers have beginner videos suggesting what to farm and why, which may be helpful. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018/p1

Multipurpose toons are some of the most useful at the beginning. Phoenix squad is also useful, both for galactic war, ships and special events. Stormtrooper Han is a good choice, as he is also a scoundrel, which you will need 5 scoundrels for credit heist and training droid heist. Lando is also both scoundrel and rebel. Biggs and Wedge are both rebels and ship pilots, with Biggs being the best ship to have.

To see what characters and gear level are needed for events, you can look at the list of reoccurring events which also may impact what you are farming.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154696/reoccurring-events-and-characters-required-index/p1

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thank you.

Actually, I'm farming Lando and Boba Fett mostly and reached lvl 21.
  • obikenobi1
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    welcome to the game! there are some really good videos on youtube that give all sorts of advice to beginners. One thing I always tell new players is that you should know right away that the top left corner (the first character slot) in a screen where you are selecting 5 characters to use, is the squad leader. So look at the different leader abilities and make sure your team can actually use them. Boba Fett is excellent for an all around leader ability. I'd focus on Phoenix Squadron characters. Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and Chopper are who i'd focus on since they are great for defense in arena and in TW. They are available to everyone really early on and they are very solid and can compete in the top ranks when you get their zeta's on them. Phoenix characters will help you get a lot of the legendary characters (Kanan and Ezra are jedi and rebels and thus help with getting Palpatine, Thrawn, and Yoda). If i were to start fresh in this game, I'd go heavy on Phoenix right away.

here is a link to a very recent youtube video that will help you out a ton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s710vLhg6H8
  • Options
    I've been playing this game since launch but I will say YouTube will be your friend. Like the video above.

But I would suggest farming Phoenix Squad first. You'll need them for Thrawn and his ship. And their ships, which you need for Thrawn's ship. Plus you can use them to unlock Emperor Palpatine. Plus they are a legit squad overall. Not overpowered or anything but they can get you through most things in this game.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Miguelispro,

One thing you may want to consider is the tactic of getting to level 27 (?) and then stalling your game and just logging in and hording energy. When you hit level 28 you open up Squad Arena and you get lumped in with everyone else who recently hit 28 (I think it is 20,000 people per "Shard") into a "Shard". That is who you will compete with going forward, so you want to be as strong as you can when you hit it. I haven't done this method, but plenty of people have so maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    EveMake sure to join a guild as soon as u can (lvl 20 I think) and add the highest lvl friends u can to help u through light and dark side.
    Post edited by Soz58 on
  • Miguelispro
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ok, I asked some guys ally, now I'll focus farming Phoenix characters and completing Boba Fett!
    About joining a Guild I'm not sure how to do that but I'll search.

Thank you all for your help!
  • Options
    Hi guys,

I started today playing the game. I'm just level 13 and I would like to know if you have some tips or if there is some tutorial. What things I should do, how to get more heros and so on.

At the moment I have 5 Heros from the Light Side and 3 from the Dark.
    Don't really know how to keep improving.

Best regards.

Do all your daily challenges every day.
    Collect all your bonus energy every day.
    Farm a team.of scoundrels early, must have them for credit heists(suggest you make sure to do lando and boba Fett)
    Farm Phoenix early
    Farm Biggs as soon as you can as well

When you hit early to mid 80s you will need 5 dark side ships at 4* and 8 ships at 5*... So when farming ships focus on 5 dark side ships to 5* and 4 light side ships to 5* before going anywhere else. Imperial tie, first order tie, geonosian soldier, and slave 1 are all good DS ships. For LS Biggs, ahsoka tano, Jedi consular, Poe dameron are all good ones... Ghost/phantom are also good since you will have Phoenix.
  • Options
    I always use these Youtube chanels to understand this game better:
    Ahnaldt101
    Mobile Gamer
    Warrior Presents
  • Options
    Joost wrote: »
    I always use these Youtube chanels to understand this game better:
    Ahnaldt101
    Mobile Gamer
    Warrior Presents

Definitely. These three guys are your friends :smile:

This is a great and simple vid if you want to know whot to farm to work towards end game -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRZ016XV4k
  • Options
    I'm level 28 now. Joined a Guild, asked some guys ally and at the moment I ran out energy. But have been farming Ezra and Boba Fett.
  • Options
    Right now I'm level 36. Already have 2 ships, Ezra from the Fenix, and I'm doing Sabin Wren and Hera Syndula. Won also in an event 20 shards of Mace Windu and Tarquin.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I've been playing this game since launch but I will say YouTube will be your friend. Like the video above.

But I would suggest farming Phoenix Squad first. You'll need them for Thrawn and his ship. And their ships, which you need for Thrawn's ship. Plus you can use them to unlock Emperor Palpatine. Plus they are a legit squad overall. Not overpowered or anything but they can get you through most things in this game.

Also two Jedi on Phoenix helps to get gm Yoda.
  • Options
    Just to update you guys.

At the moment I'm lvl 49 and I have with 4* Hera, Ezra and Zeb. Chopper and Kanan 3* and Sabine 2*-
  • Options
    I believe I got mt Hera to 5* and then went for ezra 7. Zeb got 7* first naturally since I cleaned GW every day with phoenix/healers at start. As soon as the mods come in work on them. 5* mods will be huge for you.
  • Options
    Farm Phoenix, get some Scoundrels for Credit Heist, and stay away from Jedi because they are garbage.
  • Options
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    I believe I got mt Hera to 5* and then went for ezra 7. Zeb got 7* first naturally since I cleaned GW every day with phoenix/healers at start. As soon as the mods come in work on them. 5* mods will be huge for you.

I never manage to end a GW.

I always lose between 4-2 fights to end :/.

I think I'll get Mods in lvl 50.
  • Options

play defensively. The key to GW is dragging out fights to reset your cooldowns and playing it nice and slow. Then you get your squads and just roll trough easy. If you have a swgoh.gg, please post it here so we can have a look. If you dont know what that is, go to swgoh.gg
  • Options

play defensively. The key to GW is dragging out fights to reset your cooldowns and playing it nice and slow. Then you get your squads and just roll trough easy. If you have a swgoh.gg, please post it here so we can have a look. If you dont know what that is, go to swgoh.gg

I don't have it but I went there and created an account.

https://swgoh.gg/u/miguelispro/collection/
  • Options
    Ok first off, I dont know if your kanaan can go into GW because he is below 40 but your phoenixes need to be THE ONLY thing you work on now. I was looking for the thread where I explained how GW tips and tricks work but I cannot find it so I Will write it all out again for you.
    As I said, the key to smashing GW is healing and dragging out fights.As soon as I got a full phoenix team in GW I am playing it on auto 90% of the time and had no problems so far. You have a phoenix team but that does not mean you should underestimate it. You NEED all 5 of them in there. Reasons are Kanaan's debuff heal is insane even on low levels and chopper gives all of your characters hp at the start of their turn. And ofc Kannan counter makes any AoE against you devastating to the enemy.
    You have to make sure all your heroes are as healthy and protection-y as possible at the end of the fight, and have little to no cooldowns. You do this by strategising which heroes you want to leave for last (at your level I assume you meet a lot of chewbacas - great for this) and then just auto them to get your cooldowns refreshed.
    Kill the healers first - they will keep the enemy team going. Only exclusion to this rule are Nihilus and Vader, and I think you wont see many of them at your level.
    In case one of your heroes gets killed - or seriously injured right before the finish - RETREAT. You can restart the match, figure out what went wrong and fix it.

So back to your build. You should absolutely disregard dark side for now. Focus on your phoenixes. ONLY PHOENIXES. For dark side battles you will need a few allies who will lend you some firepower. I do not have g12 palps and vaders so You should go to the ally subforum and ask there for some help, but new players thread works for that too.

2nd part is scoundrels. You need 5 to do all credit heists, but the requirements go 3-4-5-5, so you are good for now. I would suggest getting boba, SThan, and chewie is already yours. My last 2 are greedo and enforcer, I just use them to unlock the level and boba does the carrying. Other people told me that when my phoenixes are 5 star I should take the time to unlock the heist chars. Probably ask someone else about this because I was always against it but I might be wrong.
    Should be enough to keep you ocupied for now. Good luck!
  • Options
    Rebel Arena team - Wedge (Lead), Biggs, Lando, Boba, STHan.

Get R2 and Leia and replace Lando and Boba with them.

You will, don't worry.

• Qwtvse
    29 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    stop it. get some help.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you guys.

I will keep farming Phoenix and after put them on lvl 5 will do the Scoundrels.

Thank you also for the tips to go forward in GW.
  • Options

I'm going to start by offering you the biggest pro-tip I can about Galactic War: Retreat!

In this game, any time that button says "retreat" you can do so without any consequences (whenever it says "forfeit" it will consume something; your attempt/characters, usually); it's as though it never happened. I tend to hit retreat whenever I lose one of my characters, then go back in and try another strategy (at my level that's mostly just hitting "Auto" instead of "Basic" or playing the fight myself); there's nothing quite like that option of experimentation to teach you which strategies work and which do not. In general you want to disregard tanks, focus down revivers/healers and the other team's heavy hitters.

Here's what it looks like (hit cog in the top left to access this menu):
    4dNOD9y.png

Yes, that's in Galactic War. Have another pro-tip: if you save your Galactic War attempts on Monday--start a fight and then retreat for your daily--you can use them after your guild reset on Tuesday, immediately restart the map, and wind up with a total of 36 total Galactic War nodes completed for the guild activity. It'll save your current map, and allow you restart it immediately so long as it's after your activities reset and the restart is available. Note: you can only save two maps like this.

Also, don't completely disregard your dark side; you want to keep them strong enough to beat Dark Side battles as they unlock--hit the tab for the next map to see when they unlock; plan accordingly--and they should always be second or third in your priorities list, depending on the state of your scoundrels. If it helps: I alternated between my Phoenix and DS team each gear level and every other ability level until now (Nix from ability levels 4 to 6 to 8--except zetas--DS from 3 to 5 to 7, etc); right now I'm paused between gear levels (well, actually, I am now primarily working on getting my Nix to G9, but I still need 201 stunguns...; send help ) in order to get my pilots in order (and procrastinate on farming the aforementioned stunguns). I only really worked on my scoundrels as I had the resources to, and I'll probably stop them entirely--they're strong enough to beat the last tier--until I get to farming them for DSTB/TW.

For Nix always level their uniques first--note: Zeb's won't help much until after level 50--and you should be fine.

Unrelated: when you don't recognize Vell for a minute because he changed his avatar (I kind of miss your crazy Yoda).
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Qwtvse wrote: »
    stop it. get some help.

I was going to suggest something along these lines lol - @Miguelispro - resist temptation! Get out while you still can!

:p
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Retreating is a big tactic in GW. You don't lose your team and the moves are set, if you do the exact same moves, you get the exact same results Sometimes, just changing one move can be the difference between winning a round or losing your team. I had some nodes, I switched the order of my toons or a single toon in the team I was using and was able to win as the pattern changed to something more favorable.
  • Options
    Farm Phoenix