Platoon requirements

OK - so how is it fair to keep moving the goalposts - we've farmed all the toons that were required to fill platoons when TB were started - now we need 7* Rose Tico?

Basically you're saying its a requirement to spend money on the latest toons to do well in territory battles?

Replies

• Options
    mwigor wrote: »
    OK - so how is it fair to keep moving the goalposts - we've farmed all the toons that were required to fill platoons when TB were started - now we need 7* Rose Tico?

Basically you're saying its a requirement to spend money on the latest toons to do well in territory battles?

Yes
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about platoons, you don't need to fill them all to do well in TB.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Stop worrying about platoons, you don't need to fill them all to do well in TB.

This.

They don't keep moving them. They moved then once, they are now out of the reach of most players. Unless they change the plan the average player will not fill them, accept it and move on, it lead to being happier in the end.
  • Options
    Well in a game that claims to also allow free to play, i agree with the OP that including pay to play only characters/ships in platoons is a bad move. @leef: I applaud you and your guild to not need the platoon benefits, but there might be other guild that actually benefit from those immensly. So far i did not see a huge need to invest money into the game to stay competitive. But more and more this impression is changing, e.g. we needed the veterans for JTR, now need p2p content for platoons, ... This game lives out of a huge community of f2p players, and the more steps are taken to discourage f2p, the more likely i will stop playing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    YodaHeIs wrote: »
    Well in a game that claims to also allow free to play, i agree with the OP that including pay to play only characters/ships in platoons is a bad move. @leef: I applaud you and your guild to not need the platoon benefits, but there might be other guild that actually benefit from those immensly. So far i did not see a huge need to invest money into the game to stay competitive. But more and more this impression is changing, e.g. we needed the veterans for JTR, now need p2p content for platoons, ... This game lives out of a huge community of f2p players, and the more steps are taken to discourage f2p, the more likely i will stop playing.

It's not just his guild, as any guild grows and develops platoons become less important. F2p will clear 45 or 58 stars at some point, that point will be later than P2P, which the point of paying.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    YodaHeIs wrote: »
    @leef: I applaud you and your guild to not need the platoon benefits, but there might be other guild that actually benefit from those immensly.

What i mean is that not being able to fill the p2p platoons isn't going to result in getting way less stars in TB. We also would benefit if we would actually be able to fill them all, might even get an extra star. It's just not worth getting worked up about and certainly not worth the $$$ to fill them all. Rewards don't get that much better with one or two extra stars.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Of course platoons become less
    important with the ongoing power creep, but if this happens anyway, then why need platoons to be missused like this? Why not just keep the requirements constant? That would give guilds at least a goal to work for.q

When they initially started to push some newer toons into platoons, some people claimed that this will give guilds a goal to work for and is therefore ok.

Now that the new toons get pushed into territory battles before they are even released, the next excuse is, that it doesn't matter anyway. This is a pretty lame excuse for a failed mechanism in the beginning. The currently flawed platoon concept should be changed. It cannot be that new toons achieved for hard bucks are used for NOT playing the main game itself.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's not just his guild, as any guild grows and develops platoons become less important. F2p will clear 45 or 58 stars at some point, that point will be later than P2P, which the point of paying.

At what point do you think an entirely F2P guild will get 45 stars out of interest? It won't be this decade!
  • Options
    mwigor wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

At what point do you think an entirely F2P guild will get 45 stars out of interest? It won't be this decade!

F2P guild that play everyday since the launch day, i'm sure they get 45 stars. Or if u want quick 45 stars, just join team instinct :lol: