Marque Events

Has there even been discussion of bringing back marque events back for people were joined the game after the event?

Replies

• Shonkathonk
    519 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    No because they get released in the cadence so what would be the point of bringing back the events?

They are designed to be a preview of the toon etc.

Edit: expansion of point
  • Options
    Tho I agree as one who returned after a long abscense... losing those 30-50 shards really stinks. Farming KRU now, having to start at 0, would be nice if they'd leave all marquee events up indefinitely until they were beaten, so that any new or returning player would get yo olay them all and they'd vanish once completed
  • Coach78
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I was thinking I would love to be able to earn Darth Nihilus shards since I wasn't playing this time last year.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    With the Release Cadence in place, the marquee event is really the beginning of a single stream path to release.

I don't see them bringing them back, after first run.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Daishi wrote: »
    Tho I agree as one who returned after a long abscense... losing those 30-50 shards really stinks. Farming KRU now, having to start at 0, would be nice if they'd leave all marquee events up indefinitely until they were beaten, so that any new or returning player would get yo olay them all and they'd vanish once completed

A big part of the psychology of these games is incentivizing you to play daily for fear of missing out on something good. Leaving events there indefinitely until you get around to doing them is contrary to that methodology.

• Options
    Nope.. u pass them, u forever miss them
  • Options
    I thought it would be nice for players when did start playing until after the event be able to play them at some point.