Arena team advice -- which characters to focus on at this point

Fjreisat
57 posts Member
edited January 2018
Here's a link to my profile:

https://swgoh.gg/u/fjreisat/collection/

Trying to figure out where I should spend my resources at this point to build a solid arena team with what characters I have so far. I can't seem to get higher ranked than 80 or 90 in arena with my existing team. Phoenix Squad and Nightsister teams are everywhere and usually beat me. I should also mention at this point that I really do not want to build a Phoenix Squad or Nightsister team (I just don't care for those characters that much personally).

I hope one of you will take some time to view my profile and advise on which characters I should focus on next to form a viable arena team that can get me high ranked consistently.

Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    Anybody?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Check your mods. Only 1 speed arrow at level 15 on your team. 1 speed arrow is only level 2, while 2 others are not even on your arena team. I didn't check any further.

Furthermore, your team lacks synergy. While they may be good characters individually, you may have reached the point where this is no longer enough and you will need better synergy on your team. Since you don't care for Phoenix and NS, I'd suggest to aim for Wedge, Biggs, Lando ST Han and Boba Fett. Switch in Leia and R2 later for Boba and Lando.
  • Options
    Fjreisat wrote: »
    Here's a link to my profile:

https://swgoh.gg/u/fjreisat/collection/

Trying to figure out where I should spend my resources at this point to build a solid arena team with what characters I have so far. I can't seem to get higher ranked than 80 or 90 in arena with my existing team. Phoenix Squad and Nightsister teams are everywhere and usually beat me. I should also mention at this point that I really do not want to build a Phoenix Squad or Nightsister team (I just don't care for those characters that much personally).

I hope one of you will take some time to view my profile and advise on which characters I should focus on next to form a viable arena team that can get me high ranked consistently.

Thank you.

Well you may not want to build phoenix but you have to, unless you don't care about being competitive in arena and tb.

• Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    I'd suggest to aim for Wedge, Biggs, Lando ST Han and Boba Fett. Switch in Leia and R2 later for Boba and Lando.

THIS.

Absolutely and totally.

• Options
    Hmm, I see. Thank you all for taking time to give me advice. I really appreciate it.

I will revisit this thread if I have further questions.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Check your mods. Only 1 speed arrow at level 15 on your team. 1 speed arrow is only level 2, while 2 others are not even on your arena team. I didn't check any further.

Furthermore, your team lacks synergy. While they may be good characters individually, you may have reached the point where this is no longer enough and you will need better synergy on your team. Since you don't care for Phoenix and NS, I'd suggest to aim for Wedge, Biggs, Lando ST Han and Boba Fett. Switch in Leia and R2 later for Boba and Lando.

I do have a quick question about mods, which you mention: at what dot/star level do you think it becomes worth leveling the mod up? Is it a bad idea to upgrade mods to lvl 15 if they are only 2 dots/stars, for example?
  • Options
    If those are the best mods that you have currently, and judging from your profile they probably are, then go ahead and level them up. It is relatively inexpensive to level up a mod at 1 or 2* and the benefits of doing so outweigh the cost. The * level of mods at your stage of the game is more or less irrelevant. The primary and secondary stats are more important.
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    If those are the best mods that you have currently, and judging from your profile they probably are, then go ahead and level them up. It is relatively inexpensive to level up a mod at 1 or 2* and the benefits of doing so outweigh the cost. The * level of mods at your stage of the game is more or less irrelevant. The primary and secondary stats are more important.

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »

So you think the benefits of upgrading low-star mods outweighs the costs for all types, or just ones that have certain useful stats like speed?
  • Options
    If the only mods that you have are low end (1 and 2*), what harm could there be in upgrading them. White mods are generally garbage, but if you have no other mods they are better than leaving the slots empty. It comes down to what you have right now as opposed to what you are looking to do game-wise. If you have a near future plan to delve deeply into mod farming, then hold off. If you get them as they come around, then max out the ones you have as best as you can. Keep in mind, however, that the set bonuses are going to be the best features of most 1 and 2* mods
  • Fjreisat
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I see. Thank you for the informative responses. I appreciate all your help.