Plo Koon - please revamp him!!

Prev1
Lightwalker
256 posts Member
edited February 2016
Sorry if this is long but there is a lot wrong with him!!

Although everyone still seems to agree mace windu needs to be tweaked still.. I think it is fair to say Plo Koon needs a complete revamp!!!

If you are going to stick close to the character traits then plo has high survivability with strong attacks - I read somewhere someone talk about making him more like opress and I would agree to an extent.

I think he should be on par with opress when it comes to hp and maybe basic damage given.

His clone trooper synergy is fine but he needs more than just that to be a viable character.

He can actually use force lightning - he calls it "force judgement" if memory serves - so why not have an extra attack that is a form of this?, it could attack the group and have a 25% chance at stunning with 10% chance of multiple stuns.

His primary attack doesn't work - it is supposed to remove buffs but I have never seen this happen when using it...Ever!

His ability to put offence down on opposition should have a lot higher chance of happening - as it is nearly never going to happen as it stands

I personally think he should be a high resistance, high health, tank controller

Whatever you do - please at least do something to him
Post edited by Lightwalker on

Replies

• Options
    +1 to this
  • Options
    Sorry if this is long but there is a lot wrong with him!!

Although everyone still seems to agree mace windu needs to be tweaked still.. I think it is fair to say Plo Koon needs a complete revamp!!!

If you are going to stick close to the character traits then plo has high survivability with strong attacks - I read somewhere someone talk about making him more like opress and I would agree to an extent.

I think he should be on par with opress when it comes to hp and maybe basic damage given.

His clone trooper synergy is fine but he needs more than just that to be a viable character.

He can actually use force lightning - he calls it "force judgement" if memory serves - so why not have an extra attack that is a form of this?, it could attack the group and have a 25% chance at stunning with 10% chance of multiple stuns.

His primary attack doesn't work - it is supposed to remove buffs but I have never seen this happen when using it...Ever!

His ability to put offence down on opposition should have a lot higher chance of happening - as it is nearly never going to happen as it stands

I personally think he should be a high resistance, high health, tank controller

Whatever you do - please at least do something to him

If he actually worked as advertised he would actually be quite decent, but he doesn't.

He should have his AOE attack replaced with electric judgement, with very high stun % to target.
  • Options
    I don't think he necessary needs a revamp. If his abilities worked, and he had lets say 100% potency minimum and hit a heck of a lot harder then he would be viable. Maybe a little more speed as a final tweak.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Also Defense up should be fixed so it actually makes a difference lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    His AOE ability is his main weakness. It deals almost no damage and rarely applies his debuff.

EA- you fixed Royal Guard, please fix Plo.
  • Options
    Hanburger wrote: »
    His AOE ability is his main weakness. It deals almost no damage and rarely applies his debuff.

EA- you fixed Royal Guard, please fix Plo.

And his basic ability never works either...
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ok so I had an idea for plo koon that I thought would give him a good balance for both a Jedi and clone team.

Firstly this is based in the assumption that defence up is actually going to do something in the future - I.e reduce damage taken by something like 25 - 40%

So give him a heavy dose of HP - like 20k

Speed I would leave about 85-90

Passive ability - when an allied player goes below 50% health plo will automatically taunt and add defence up on himself for one turn

Basic attack removes buffs - damage about same as a basic mace windu (when there are no buffs to it and no expose boost)

Secondary attack changed so has an offence down and like a 15% stun chance (multiple stuns chance of 10%)

3rd ability - taunt and add defence up to himself for 2 turns, + add health gain (like 6% of their max health per turn) to allies for one turn + the current turn meter boost for clones

Leader - critical hit chance reduction

***my thinking is that this would make slower units more viable when paired with plo, and also the fact that it would actually make plo play like a tank
  • Options
    Ok so I had an idea for plo koon that I thought would give him a good balance for both a Jedi and clone team.

Firstly this is based in the assumption that defence up is actually going to do something in the future - I.e reduce damage taken by something like 25 - 40%

So give him a heavy dose of HP - like 20k

Speed I would leave about 85-90

Passive ability - when an allied player goes below 50% health plo will automatically taunt and add defence up on himself for one turn

Basic attack removes buffs - damage about same as a basic mace windu (when there are no buffs to it and no expose boost)

Secondary attack changed so has an offence down and like a 15% stun chance (multiple stuns chance of 10%)

3rd ability - taunt and add defence up to himself for 2 turns, + add health gain (like 6% of their max health per turn) to allies for one turn + the current turn meter boost for clones

Leader - critical hit chance reduction

***my thinking is that this would make slower units more viable when paired with plo, and also the fact that it would actually make plo play like a tank

Most Excellent Idea's, would definitely be work farming and we would finally have an actual full on Jedi Tank
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    +1

Also add Clone affiliation for synergy with the Clone team that will likely come some day.
  • Options
    There needs to be an easier way to get him!
  • Options
    Yeah they have done Plo Koon a terrible disservice. He doesn't work & he is impossible to farm. This is a celebrated Jedi; show him some respect!
  • Seku
    575 posts Member
    Options
    I think they should make him better too! He's a Jedi master.. and he is farmable in Squad Cantina 4-G.
  • Options
    Is he really that bad? I been trying to get him with no luck and liked him in the clone wars cartoon. I thought he would do good in LS or GW clone group to change it up some. Still trying to get Rex.
  • Options
    It's funny because Jedi Knight is way better than him.. They should buff all the old ones since they don't stand a chance with the new ones.
  • Options
    Plo_Koon wrote: »
    There needs to be an easier way to get him!

he is farmable in cantina battles - I've got him to 6* and mace to 7* and barris to 5* within 2 months just from those missions

Tohopka wrote: »
    Is he really that bad? I been trying to get him with no luck and liked him in the clone wars cartoon. I thought he would do good in LS or GW clone group to change it up some. Still trying to get Rex.

He isn't good at the moment, is slow, health is meh, doesn't hit very hard and none of his abilities work properly if at all
  • Tohopka
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well thats good to know @Lightwalker I might still try to get him have 20 shards saved. Most of who I like playing are over 50 to 66 and I do like playing around in LS and GW with different teams. I'll look into him when I get up to the cantina battle to open him. Still trying to get Mace to 5* for when yoda comes again.

BTW, which node is it that opens him up? When I get a kick on a node I work on that till i open or upgrade the character. I think I am only halfway through 3 (I'm slow on advancing that) and up too tier 6 on LS and 5 on DS.
  • Options
    Tohopka wrote: »
    Well thats good to know @Lightwalker I might still try to get him have 20 shards saved. Most of who I like playing are over 50 to 66 and I do like playing around in LS and GW with different teams. I'll look into him when I get up to the cantina battle to open him. Still trying to get Mace to 5* for when yoda comes again.

BTW, which node is it that opens him up? When I get a kick on a node I work on that till i open or upgrade the character. I think I am only halfway through 3 (I'm slow on advancing that) and up too tier 6 on LS and 5 on DS.

It's the last node on area 4 for plo koon. The first one on 4 will give you mace. I managed to get both of them up to 6* just from farming those nodes in about 5 weeks - I've found the drop rate from them isn't too bad!
  • Options
    cool thanks, just opened Kylo so i might just try and finish 3 to get 4 opened up.
  • Options
    which skill does the AI-Controlled Plo koon start with? AOE or group buff?
  • Options
    I got him and Rex lately. I'm really hoping EA / CG gives us the ability to make a good Clone team and include an improved Plo Koon somehow. It would be really cool to have some themed teams that are good for PVP.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    which skill does the AI-Controlled Plo koon start with? AOE or group buff?

Who knows, he is so bad I have never seen anybody use him in any part of the game! I will go through story mode to see what he does there.... So in story mode he buffs first
  • Options
    Yeah Plo Koon can make use of a good buff. He hits like a wet noodle but is no tank, and his ability powers almost never apply debuffs. THe AoE is a feather tickle.

It would be interesting to give it Force Judgement as it is a very rare power and he basically discovered it.

I'd make it a power with decent damage and a high multi-stun chance.
  • Options
    Agree, and i think his leader ability feels like unique ability and if that unique.....it still useless. If his basic give new debuff that draw atk to him and grant 15% bonus received dmg for other ally, weak version of exposed but also taunt.

Love the multi stun idea, i had 3* koon but love the design kinda remind me of mass effect char
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Bump!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    With Rex and 5's, I think giving Plo Koon a Clone Trooper leader ability would be a waste. I think give him 3 to 4 abilities that have good synergy with Clone Troops AND Jedi if possible would be the way to go.
  • Options
    SamIAmx77 wrote: »
    With Rex and 5's, I think giving Plo Koon a Clone Trooper leader ability would be a waste. I think give him 3 to 4 abilities that have good synergy with Clone Troops AND Jedi if possible would be the way to go.

That's an excellent idea!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    If you go through all the trouble to make a character, why don't you make sure he does what his skills say he does. Fix him!

JUSTICE FOR PLO KOON!
  • Options
    Agree, and i think his leader ability feels like unique ability and if that unique.....it still useless. If his basic give new debuff that draw atk to him and grant 15% bonus received dmg for other ally, weak version of exposed but also taunt.

Love the multi stun idea, i had 3* koon but love the design kinda remind me of mass effect char

I like it, that would be very interesting and definitely give some useful utility. Much better than current. Potency would still be a huge issue unfortunately, right now i think he's at 20% lol
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    In general I think all of the Clone Wars era Jedi should have abilities that benefit Jedi and Clones. Yoda, Plo Koon, Anakin, and Aayla were all leaders over different Clone groups. Eventually if they bring in Jedi Master Obi-Wan or General Kenobi he would be another one to have Jedi and Clone synergy.
  • JD1111
    19 posts Member
    Options
    I've committed to him in hopes of seeing some changes soon. Got him 6* gr8 now.

About the only thing I like is having him on a team with Fives. Plo Koon's 'Take Charge' special gives Fives a huge turn meter bump & usually makes him next in line to go. And, if Fives then calls Plo Koon to assist, they both do 50% more damage.

Overall though, he still needs to be tweaked. Better health, damage, potency...something. He's useless with a Jedi lineup which seems ridiculous.