Ask to expert from noob

Narad_Etup
32 posts Member
edited January 2018
Hello all,

i'm level 50 and i play FTP a rebel squad (not phoenix)
I read some guide, and pick on them some idea.

So i start rebel squad strong and easy to farm. I have now in my arena team ( Lando 5* / Bobba Fett 4* / Luminara 4* / Biggs 4* / Han Solo ST 4*).
There are all equipment 6 (except Boba he is 7*).

I choose Lumi until i can have Wedge.
Lumi because it's a good healer for galatic battle.

1°) This team is viable in HL ?I hope the guide told me true ^^
2°) I farm Lando for this 6 th stars (50/85). Should i continue with all my cantina energy ? Or i use it for Modules ? Whats is the good ratio ? Should i have for fisrt priority the seven stars for all my team ?
3°) I make 25 hard battle by day ( 10 Lumi / 10 for Boba / 5 for Biggs). It's too much ? Because it takes longer to make good gears.
4°) i use my cristal for gears or energy refresh (for normal and hard battle mainly). Can i have a better use ?
5°) When do i prepare the next, the fleet ? And what team are good and no too hard to farm ? I suppose i will use Biggs and Wedge, but for the others ? Bobba is good as a pilot ?
6°) What(s the good stratgy for modul. Equip bad module i have and max level 15 and waiting for better without nohing ? Or just wait without any module for the good ones.

It's hard to priorize, so i count on you to guide me.
Thanks by advance,

B.

Code : 265-691-213

Replies

• Options
    I would stop farming Lumi for now. She seems good right now but will become pretty useless soon. Keep going with Boba, STHan and Lando as they will pretty much solo the credit heist for you once geared up a bit. Biggs and Boba are also worth the farm for their ships. Biggs is perhaps one of the best ships in the game, and without a doubt the best ship tank. He is worth farming for this alone, and as you have noted, be becomes a much better toon in other modes when you have his buddy wedge(who also has a great leadership skill).

If you really want a healer for your roster, farm Barris, she is much more viable end game, and is really useful to have for guild events. If you are looking to run a rebel team, consider farming either Leia or Ezra, they are great damage dealers, and will help you for the luke or thrawn legendary events.

However, my advice would be to focus on toons that will offer you more long term returns. That means 5 rebels for palp event, 5 pheonix for thrawn (pheonix are also rebels so cover you for both), 5 empire for R2 (thrawn and palp will be two, and definetly farm Tie fighter pilot as he has a great ship. Add any two others (hint: veers and tarkin are both useful endgame, as are the imperial troopers).

There are a lot of options for ships, but focus on Biggs and dark side ships initially in order to open up zeta challenges as soon as you can. Biggs, Vader, TFP, Boba, Scimitar, Tie Silencer, FoTF are viable options early on to unlock zetas. Once you can 3* the zeta challenge focus on rebel ships to unlock thrawns cap ship. Biggs, wedge and both ghost ships should be farmed for this and then you have to chose either bistan or cassian. Bistan is the harder farm, but is a much better ship at end game, cassian is less useful but a much easier farm.
  • Options
    These are a few pointers you may find helpful:

Characters:
    Spend most of your energy farming characters who will help you in multiple aspects of the game (youtube guides may help you more with this), and especially ones useful for a full PvP Arena team which will help you get resources needed for progressing much more quickly.

Examples of good rebels to prioritize farming:
    Old Ben Kenobi (superb tank, required for CLS)
    Princess Leia (solid attacker, required for CLS)
    Chirrut Imwe & Baze Malbus (good for Arena, TW, and TB)
    Phoenix (Required for TB and Thrawn)

Examples of other good characters to farm towards:
    R2-D2 (will need a full empire team to unlock, also required for CLS)
    Ventress & Old Daka & Mother Talzin (farmable soon) - (fantastic in arena and dark side TB, TW)
    Finn & Poe & Resistance Trooper (excellent for TB, TW, and any other PvE battles)

Mods:
    As for mods, only farm them if you can get 5-dot mods. Others are a waste of energy. And if a mod gives a speed bonus, those are the ones really worth leveling up with credits (to 15). The more you progress, the more that speed becomes crucial and mods that don’t give any speed become almost worthless.

Ships:
    Decide whether you want to focus more on characters or ships first. If it’s characters, spend your energy farming toward things that I’ve listed above. If you want to compete in ships, you may want to look up a few good guides on the most competitive ships. Darth Vader’s, Biggs Xwing, Tie Fighter, and the Tie Reaper are some of the better ones; you could choose to focus on those characters that correspond with those ships if you so desire (Vader, Biggs, Tie Pilot, shore/death trooper), though they won’t perform as optimally in other parts of the game.

Good luck. Mtfbwy
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice.

R2D and CLS are good and long term objective.
    I wil raise a Empire team. if i understand good, i will have Palpatine with my rebel team.

It's possible to get R2D2 without Thrawn ? Because have 5 phoenix just for Thrawn, it's harsh.
    Any idea for avoid phoenix team for R2D event ?

One of said i have to farm baze and Chirrut?
    Whats the best way for Baze, i dont see him any where.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Of course you can get r2d2 without thrawn. You can't do it with gear vii but there's nothing wrong with gear viii or ix.

Baze is hard node and shipments (crystals) only. Baze used to be the best mid game rebel tank but since they removed him from the guild event store he is a late game and p2p only.
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Baze is for end game, so it is not a priority, isnt it?

My team is good on arena, i swim between 250 and 400 with higher Level than me.
    My worry is about the Galactica wars. Since i up my team for aréna i cannot go after 5 or 6 battles. And the day before i could reach to the end or almost.
    After some reading, i see the power of team in Galactica wars is correlate to the power of my aréna team.
    If i want perform in galactic war, must I boost a second team not son far my first team ?
    Or its better to continue to farm for the seven stars of all my team.

My idea is to farm for gear 6 for chewie, tie pilot, JC ans Qgj and continue shards for my aréna team. But it Will ne long to have seven stars for all. And the power of my main team and the others will ne more ans more important the time i do that.

Need tour advice

The link of my collection
    https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/

(edit : sorry for my bad english)
  • Options
    Baze is useful at any point even if he’s low starred. The most important thing for him is gearing him up. I would start as early as possible since it takes months to get him to 7 stars. Never hurts to prepare for someone you know is going to be critical later.

As for your query for galactic war, I can’t really understand what you are trying to ask. Are you asking if you should use your arena team to battle galactic war nodes or are you asking if you should create a second team to use for the easier nodes? Getting your main squad up to seven stars ought to be your priority in any case.

However there are a few characters that end up being not useful so you’d be wasting your time trying to farm them for your main squad or galactic war campaigns. CW Chewbacca in my opinion isn’t good at all, and Jedi Consular is mediocre at best.

Get Old Ben and Farmboy Luke leveled and geared up, since they both are great and very useful later on. Same with Leia and stormtrooper Han, who needs to be geared high to be good.
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    - Thanks for yout answer. I will buy shards for Baze when it's possible. But i use my crystals for wedge for now (and for some stuff hard and long to farm). i never have enough crystal ^^
    - Edit : i have my three first shards this morning.

- for the galactic war, i ask what is the best option to win on it ? because with only 5 good toons, when one die, i'm sure to loose soon. it's for what i ask if i have to up other toon too, and have two team to achieve GW. I would up JC to 4* and gears 6, because he si pilot too. And level 60 comes soon. It wil be quick (one day for the fourth stars, and one other day for stuff him). For chewie, okay, i will let it fall and focus on gears my future pilot.

- for old Ben, i understand he is good but (yes i have a but) i have two other plans (say to me if it's good) because for old Ben i have to use cantina energy. For now i use Cantina energy for the 7* for Lando, and after i'm planning to farm Kylo Ren ( how many stars is good? ) and his ships in cantina too. So whats it's the best ? ( i want to have a good fleet too). And after there the TFP i want farm. ( the samehow many stars is good? )

- i begin to farm FOTFP in guild store. How many stars is good for him ?

- for the fleet TFP ; FOTF ; TIE Silencer ; Biggs for the start. I will complete wiht JC for beginning.
    And after i will try to have the ships of Boba and Vader ( and i will have 5 DS ships). It's right ?
    Post edited by Narad_Etup on
  • Options
    Ah okay I think I understand you better now.

Having only 5 good toons might be an issue for awhile for you since it seems you’ve tried to invest everything in your main arena squad, which isn’t too bad of a thing. However, it’s important to farm easy characters early in to have enough characters you can play around with them. For galactic war, if one of your members falls, you can always back out and try again, as many times as you need to succeed. I am level 80 and I sometimes do this to avoid losing a character permanently or if I make a mistake. You’ll get to the point where you can have two or more teams, and use the weaker ones to take out the easier nodes so your best team can finish it off.

I just don’t think Jedi Consular is that good of a character even with him being a pilot. Like I said he’s great at the start but he gets outclassed quickly. His healing ability is incredibly lackluster compared to other healers. His ship is meh. I don’t use it anymore.

I would save your guild currency for Old Ben instead of first order tie pilot since once you’re level 60 first order tie pilot shows up in the fleet arena store. FOTP and his ship are really good so if I were in your shoes I’d do that. Guild currency is far too valuable to be using them for characters that can be easier to farm elsewhere. Tie fighter pilot also shows up in the fleet arena so don’t use guild currency for that either. Old Ben’s grind will be really long if you just use guild currency but you’ll finish Lando soon enough that it won’t be too big a problem.

Farming Kylo Ren right now for you doesn’t make too much of sense, since for him to really perform he needs a full first order team, which you’re not close to at all. Focus on your rebel team, then empire, then a second rebel team before you go anywhere near first order.

The danger about grinding boba and Vader’s ships is that they’re a long term grind. They both require 65 ship tokens each to unlock. Boba is great though so keep farming him!

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that you can retreat in GW and try the node again with no penalty. So if things go poorly, back out and try something else. (If you do exactly the same things, you will have the same result though.)
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/

Thanks guy's, i use retrat on galactic war now everyday. It help me a lot

My guideline for next, tell me if it's not too bad :D

- In the guild store, i stop farm TIE/S FP and begin Sun Fac ( for this DS ship). I will get Obi Wan after.I think I need a good pilot. Right to do that ?
    - After STH 7*, in the arena store i will up Tarkin. ( for the fleet and empire team)
    - For the empire team, i aim DV/Palpatine/RG/Tarkin/TFP. It's a viable team to get R2D2 ?
    - For the rebel team i want have STH/Lando/Biggs/Wedge. Obiwan after i get Sun Fac 4 or 5*. Leia after i get Tarkin up to 7*.
    - With cantina node after Lando i was thinking to farm TFP and Obiwan after.
    - i use my crystals for Baze (15/50) and Wedge (21/80)
    - with Hard Node, i will stop Luminara when she will be 5*. And continue Bobba and Biggs until they will be 7*. Don't kjnow what to farm next here. Gears ? Toon ?

Thanks by advance for your advice !!
  • Narad_Etup
    32 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    The link to my collection https://swgoh.gg/u/naradetup/collection/

Thanks guy's, i use retrat on galactic war now everyday. It helps me a lot
    My guideline for next, tell me if it's not too bad :D
    - In the guild store, i stop farm TIE/S FP and begin Sun Fac ( for this DS ship). I will get Obi Wan after.I think I need a good pilot. Right to do that ?
    - After STH 7*, in the arena store i will up Tarkin. ( for the fleet and empire team)
    - For the empire team, i aim DV/Palpatine/RG/Tarkin/TFP. It's a viable team to get R2D2 ?
    - For the rebel team i want have STH/Lando/Biggs/Wedge. Obiwan after i get Sun Fac 4 or 5*. Leia after i get Tarkin up to 7*.
    - With cantina node after Lando i was thinking to farm TFP and Obiwan after.
    - i use my crystals for Baze (15/50) and Wedge (21/80)
    - with Hard Node, i will stop Luminara when she will be 5*. And continue Bobba and Biggs until they will be 7*. Don't kjnow what to farm next here. Gears ? Toon ?
    Thanks by advance for your advice !!
    Post edited by Narad_Etup on
  • Options
    Why Sun Fac? He’s not that good. Again, not a great pilot. Just go for Old Ben first. Then Jyn Erso. Those should be long enough grinds it’ll occupy you for awhile, and by then you should have a lot of other characters.

After Tarkin, farm Leia from squad arena store.

That empire team should be fine, but I would add magmatrooper as another potential toon. I don’t think you can get R2D2 the next time he comes around since you don’t even have Palpatine yet and I don’t see his event coming until after CLS.

For Cantina, farm Old Ben. You can get TFP shards and wedge shards from Fleet Arena Stores. Don’t waste crystals on characters that can be much easier to farm in other places in the game...

You’re using the most difficult means to farm characters it’d take forever for you to get them anywhere at all. Farm Biggs from galactic war store. That’s it. Farm Boba from Cantina battles store and fleet arena store.

There are lots of characters you need to grind through easier methods.

https://swgoh.gg/u/salatiousscrum/collection/