Rancor Team Help

I have had success with the rancor always hitting 1st or 2nd in my guild. However I still can't decide what team configuration will give me the highest damage output overall. Ideally I want a team I can get to 7 star without paying or waiting six months Here's a list of all of my raid squad choices.

Teebo (7 star)
Wedge (7)
Biggs (7)
Fives (7)
Ezra (7)
TIE Fighter Pilot (5 and current cantina battle farm)
Rex (Slow farm) (4)
Bistan (6)
St Han (7)
Old Ben (7)
Admiral Akbar (7)

I seem to change my team around each week. I just can't decide on the best 5 to run TOGETHER.

We're running T4 and T5 raids at the moment.

Replies

• Options
    - Teebo lead
    - TFP
    - Bistan
    - Rex
    - FOO
  • Options
    Who is FOO?
  • Options
    Who is FOO?

First Order Officer
  • Options
    Ah thanks
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Build an empire team. Get r2d2.

Teebo+r2d2 should solo the raid.

In the short term tfp Bistan teebo is the essential core to your team.
  • Jooms
    74 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Turn meter reduction is essential. I run teebo (L), raid han, CLS, and wiggs. I solo heroic rancor every time without taking a hit (on auto nonetheless). However, given the toons you listed, I would use Teebo (L), Bistan, Biggs and Wedge, for the fifth you can play around to see what works better but I would use Ezra (just for his multi attack and call for assist attack). Lather up teebo with tons of potency and whatever speed you can muster up
    Post edited by Jooms on
  • Options
    Ok cool thanks for the advice guys. Still playing around with the team but teebo gives me a much longer run but still ultimately less damage
  • Options
    Teebo (L), TFP, Biggs, Wedge, Bistan.

Teebo and Bistan remove turn meter for you. Biggs and Wedge are your big damage dealers, TFP applies Tenacity Down so that the Turn Meter removal occurs more frequently.
  • Options
    Wow I didn’t realize I was so close to a boss rancor team. Should I stop farming phasma from GW and go for Teebs?
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

I don't see that team soloing rancor. Not sure if teebo has tenacity down. Also R2 only gives stealth and other than that he is just standing there feeding turnmeter to Rancor. Maybe possible with incredible mods. but highly doubtful if it is effective or realistic
  • Options
    Try this
    1. Teebo lead (100% tm removal when stealth, lead for more stealth)
    2. TFP (Irresistible tenacity down when crit hit on basic)
    3. Bistan (tm removal as much as his potency %. mod him for very high potency)
    4. Fives (Speed down)
    5. Old Ben/St Han/Ezra/Rex/ use either one of these 4 as 5th.
    Let me explain.
    Old Ben's mind trick reducing turnmeter comes in clutch.
    StHan also reduces turnmeter but on average Old Ben does more turnmeter removal. (calculated)
    Ezra for assist call. call teebo(when he is stealth) or anyone who remove turnmeter on BASIC to assist. Extra turnmeter removal there.
    Rex for turnmeter removal on basic. Rather hard farm though.

It's too early for you to use Wedge Biggs in your team. They do 0 turnmeter removal except when Biggs calls right person to assist. The reason they are used is because people have CLS. CLS alone has everything needed for rancor raid, and wedge lead offers him extra turnmeter. Plus Biggs will always call cls because there is no one else. (in Wiggs, CLS team.) or in Wiggs, CLS, Raid Han team, Biggs can call Han who also does conditional turnmeter removal on basic
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

I don't see that team soloing rancor. Not sure if teebo has tenacity down. Also R2 only gives stealth and other than that he is just standing there feeding turnmeter to Rancor. Maybe possible with incredible mods. but highly doubtful if it is effective or realistic
    Sorry I was talking about the lower tier rancour the op is doing rather than heroic pit.
  • Options
    Thanks @Anakin_Skywalker that's the way I've decided to go. I use Rex when we I can, otherwise I'm still trying to figure out who to use between Ezra and Old Ben. I do like running Old Ben but ultimately Ezra is so much faster so he gives me a lot more TM removal with Teebo and can guarantee TFP crits.
  • Options
    Thanks @Anakin_Skywalker that's the way I've decided to go. I use Rex when we I can, otherwise I'm still trying to figure out who to use between Ezra and Old Ben. I do like running Old Ben but ultimately Ezra is so much faster so he gives me a lot more TM removal with Teebo and can guarantee TFP crits.

You're welcome my plessure. Both are ok. I personally use ob and i use his mind trick only for clutch moments. I'm using Tarkin lead Thrawn CLS Jyn Old Ben

I haven't used Ezra but he gains turnmeter through his 1st special and can call teebo to assist so I guess Ezra has more potential for tmr.

Although Ben's taunt come in handy. Not that I use him for tanking for the team (my team never gets hit) but more because he feeds less turnmeter. Taunt and mindtrick won't feed any turnmeter to Rancor.

Ezra on the other hand, will always feed 5% tm due to his all 3 attack abilities, unless rancor dodges. When he double attacks on basic that is 10% turnmeter
  • ILeftNowImBlack
    127 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

You're welcome my plessure. Both are ok. I personally use ob and i use his mind trick only for clutch moments. I'm using Tarkin lead Thrawn CLS Jyn Old Ben

I haven't used Ezra but he gains turnmeter through his 1st special and can call teebo to assist so I guess Ezra has more potential for tmr.

Although Ben's taunt come in handy. Not that I use him for tanking for the team (my team never gets hit) but more because he feeds less turnmeter. Taunt and mindtrick won't feed any turnmeter to Rancor.

Ezra on the other hand, will always feed 5% tm due to his all 3 attack abilities, unless rancor dodges. When he double attacks on basic that is 10% turnmeter

Ah that's interesting I didn't know about that TM feeding mechanic that may change things.

Also your team is basically what I dream of having eventually haha. I've only been on the game since Nov.
  • Options
    Yeah rancor gains 5% turn meter whenever he is hit. In tier7. I haven't played easier tiers so not sure about that though
  • Options
    I'll have to have a look into that. I'm really curious as to what the heroic raid is like or more so what I would do damage wise. But my guild isn't ready for it. Only two of us are
  • Options
    You 'll prolly do whole p1 and some more in hpit. mods matter.
    just checked tm gain applies to all tiers
    cheers
  • Options
    Well that's good to know, I am looking forward to doing Hrancor just need to get my guild ready for it. I founded the guild so don't wanna leave them