Please don't rework EP too much

Prev1
As someone who runs EP in the arena right now (in a December 15 shard), I really hope the hint was for upgrades (probably using zetas) and not a complete rework. His kit, even as is, is one of the best ones in play. Great damage, amazing control, and one of the best leader abilities out there. I've made some videos of my team (EP Thrawn Krennic DT Shore) vs. several teams in the current Meta, check it out:
1) CLS + Nihilus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh4hIssl9xQ&t=3s

2) Talzin + GK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rrXE6AvEU

3) GK + Barris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEpQao7T-Hc&t=4s

4) Talzin + NS Spirit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8w6eBHtKwc&t=3s

5) AA + Hermit Yoda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVTWQZ8sGCQ&t=4s

6) Titans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuqnQCQDrCs&t=3s

7) JT Rey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWq5agUX_Go&t=3s

https://swgoh.gg/u/giladgood/

Replies

• Options
    Very valid point u have there Goodgil.Emperor Palpatine is an amazing character and all he requires is upgardes for more survivability in the arena. i expect an upgrade more than a rework as well.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    he's garbage and no one runs him now (until the hopeful rework, but ok
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Great use of an underrated character. ^^Clearly he's not too garbage if he can take out every team in the meta and land you the #1 spot. Bring EP back to glory with some simple upgrades (zeta, survivability, maube a new unique) and not a full rework, still one of my favorite toons to play with.
  • Options
    i totally agree
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Great use of an underrated character. ^^Clearly he's not too garbage if he can take out every team in the meta and land you the #1 spot. Bring EP back to glory with some simple upgrades (zeta, survivability, maube a new unique) and not a full rework, still one of my favorite toons to play with.

#1 spot? take out meta? what is happening?? Do you mean if reworked?
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Have you looked at my videos? My profile? I'm doing so every day...
  • Options
    Every time they announce a rework someone walks in and says exactly the same as you do. Up to now I have yet to see any of those individuals complain after the rework. Calm down, if he gets a rework it won't be an overhaul, just an upgrade
  • Options

Papa palpi still rock and can bring player to #1 if use correctly. Honestly, he don't really need rework. It's people that always want something great and instant need their mind re-work :flushed:
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »

Have you looked at my videos? My profile? I'm doing so every day...

just watched a few, nice. was just saying haven't seen any besides dn/thrawn. it might be my shard/place/time
  • Options
    Every time they announce a rework someone walks in and says exactly the same as you do. Up to now I have yet to see any of those individuals complain after the rework. Calm down, if he gets a rework it won't be an overhaul, just an upgrade

Fingers crossed, that will continue. I agree that's almost always the case, but theres always the option.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think he'll be worse after a potential rework, or that much different.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'm about to get him for the first time so I hope he's awesome. :D
  • Options
    That was pretty sexy. How do they fare on defense? I mean, we all know any team will lose more than they win on defense, but do they occasionally hold against teams, or is it like FO where you can win on offense but will pretty much lose 100% of the time on defense?
  • Options
    He definitely can use a bump - for a long time now you can form a team that beats all metas with that Empire core 4 of DT/DK/Thrawn and Shore +1...EP is usable and can be very dangerous in the right setup, but he's also very replaceable and overall not particularly special. Agree his base kit is great, but he could use some love to get back in the upper portion of the game.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping for a zeta on his unique adding 25% damage and speed down(or defense down) to his passive damage.

I'm also hoping that Vader gets a boost that in some way synergises with Palpatine.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Dang, I love your post. Empire ftw. Maybe they can rework Vader to be a tank so you can take out shore trooper. That would make a lot of sense.
  • Options
    Those videos are fantastic!

Curious how you modded EP?

Dark side wins. Makes me happy :smiley:
  • GGYY
    47 posts Member
    Options
    It's really the other four great Empire toons that's keeping your emperor viable though, switch to Thrawn lead then you'll hold much better on defense. Also tenacity up teams would ruin his lead which entirely depends on debuffs sticking.
  • Options
    I hope he becomes the counter to NS and JTR aaaaand CLS ;)
  • Options
    Zeta- choose an appentrice - give +50% offense to a chosen ally for the remainder of the encounter

Zeta- unnatural ailities - revive a random Sith ally

PS, I'm guessing we get poo-poo zeta for papa Palpatine, and we get new Sith characters that make EP obsolete. The modus operandi of CG is new characters, power creep, make old characters obsolete, always have new toons to farm for new and old players, let the past die, kill it if you have to
  • Options
    Vader is an achievement and EP is a legendary.

I don’t think CG will let those two characters slide very far out of the power creep without a readjustment of some kind.
  • Options
    @Ebbda I've add my swgoh.gg profile on there... https://swgoh.gg/u/giladgood
  • Izza
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Kudos to you OP! It's no joke competing at the top with Empire, take serious guts.
  • Options
    Man, someone must have hit a nerve...
  • Options
    ok, great, but thrawn is better leader than palp. I can use palp in attack, is great, but i win almost without and i can pklay with the same team i use in defence. If i use palp in defence i drop like a stone, more than now
  • Options
    Songofkali wrote: »
    That was pretty sexy. How do they fare on defense? I mean, we all know any team will lose more than they win on defense, but do they occasionally hold against teams, or is it like FO where you can win on offense but will pretty much lose 100% of the time on defense?

I usually drop to the 25-35 range, worst was 48, best was 14 since I maxed the team. That's pretty much the case of all the teams in my shard, so I'm pretty happy with it.
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Cool, you have some luck, or you shard is for babies, but l have 3 words for you "Han's Shoot First" (he ignores Shoretrooper stuns and deals insane damage) goodbye to Palpy and the fight hasn't even started yet.

My shard is over 2 years old and has plenty of whales in it... And I've killed more Hans than I can count. Yes, even when I've lost EP before I made a move, his leader isn't going away and the rest of the team just laughs at him.
  • Options
    @Goodgil - yeah, I missed that after enjoying the videos.

I've taken a look. I stopped at g11 due to Sith being useless nowadays. I'll have to finish him off now :smile:

Thanks for posting all these. Feel free to post more :smiley:
  • Options
    I don't recall a rework that doesn't build upon a toons existing kit. I would expect the Palp rework to make your team better, though you may end up swapping a toon or two out for better synergy.
  • Options
    Dang, I love your post. Empire ftw. Maybe they can rework Vader to be a tank so you can take out shore trooper. That would make a lot of sense.

Vader is not a Tank. He Should rival CLS. His Basic is weak. Vader should be THE most powerful Char in the game. IF not top 3. Right now, he basically is a tank. Doesn't make sense for who Vader is.