Territory Battles and Pay-to-play characters

I completely understand the PTP aspect of this game. It pays for developers who create new content and I love that they do not supplement this with ads. However, what I just saw in the Rebel Assault battle and saw last month in the Imperial Retaliation battle really get's on my nerves. In tier 5 of the battle, we need a three 5 star Holdos and a 5 star Rose to complete the special missions. Last month we needed multiple 5 and 6 star FO Executioners (and I think FOSFTPs).
The higher tiers are hard enough for average guilds/players with the buffs/protection from the special missions at full strength. To essentially prevent FTP guilds from being able to fully participate in TWs is callous in my opinion.
I'm sure there are whales who might have shelled out the $50-$100 necessary (with a lot of luck) to have gotten these brand new (mediocre) toons to that level already. This coupled with the challenge of needing characters that are only available by doing well in many, many TWs (RO Leia, Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Probe Droid) make this in an unnecessary snub of FTP players.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

They clearly stated this was going to happen, before you saw it last TB.

It's an unfortunate change to TBs, but by no means makes full star TB unachievable. Just further out.
  • Options
    Thanks Kyno, for the thread move and the info. I don't spend tons of time on the forum reading everything that's posted so I missed the post about the change to TB requirements.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

They clearly stated this was going to happen, before you saw it last TB.

It's an unfortunate change to TBs, but by no means makes full star TB unachievable. Just further out.

But every TB, they move it further. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Lol only $50-100 bucks per character. More like 500-600 per character
  • Options

Lol :lol:
  • Options

Lol. Good point. He buried the lead. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*