5* Holdo and Rose needed multiple times in today’s platoons? Why? [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    I used to farm for platoons, but then it was decided that my guild should never be able to finish them, so we just stopped farming for platoons.

It's like AAT with hps increasing each week so that only the top guilds are able to complete it. Funny you say? I say not funny
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    It has been mentioned various times so far that the current platoon strategy is discouraging and demotivating, but somebody at CG thinks its a genius idea for increasing revenue to put new toons immediately in platoons.
  • Options
    It has been mentioned various times so far that the current platoon strategy is discouraging and demotivating, but somebody at CG thinks its a genious idea for increasing revenue to put new toons immediately in platoons.

And that's fine, I get that. CG needs to make money and new characters is what does it. But don't limit them from combat.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s garbage. Just puts a taint on TBs, which I otherwise still enjoy. CG knows we all hate it, but they’d rather have a chance at top guilds being forced to spend, rather than create a superior product. Quite the bummer.
  • Options
    hope this gets blocked but time and time again they prove to be money hungry JACK **** must be an EA thing with the return of micro transactions in BF2 its a thing i guess
  • Options
    You realize the bad press sent EA's stock to an all time high?
  • Options
    Notnukin wrote: »
    You realize the bad press sent EA's stock to an all time high?

Yeah, and I also realised the Pope is Protestant, but I don’t care for that either.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    All new toons have been used in the same way, so its not new or a grab on a specific toon.

Not liking the concept is a good feedback, but its not aimed at the Holdo/Rose kits specifically. I think your bigger idea is wanting the ability to fill platoons totally everytime and thats part of the game ecosystem with releases (again not saying You have to like it) but instead of a specific toon being angry about this time , it could be a good conversation about alternatives or ideas with platoon/use as oppossed to CG is evil because this toon this week same argument.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Putting all those P2P characters in platoons is an unqualified disaster
  • Options
    CG is a business. So far, the tactic of including p2p toons in platoons has netted them larger profits. They'll stop doing it when it stops working.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    All new toons have been used in the same way, so its not new or a grab on a specific toon.

Not liking the concept is a good feedback, but its not aimed at the Holdo/Rose kits specifically. I think your bigger idea is wanting the ability to fill platoons totally everytime and thats part of the game ecosystem with releases (again not saying You have to like it) but instead of a specific toon being angry about this time , it could be a good conversation about alternatives or ideas with platoon/use as oppossed to CG is evil because this toon this week same argument.

That’s fair enough, a constructive solution or 2 from me would be fine I’m sure, alas I don’t make the game. I actually have no issue with CG at all, they have made my hands down favourite mobile game ever. It’s the overlords I’m not very keen on. My only solution is to not make it so tough to fill these platoons. So when we realised at TB original launch that we all needed multiple Lobots, Mob Enforcer, Aayla etc etc, well we went and farmed those newly required toons, but it’s hard to score when the goalposts always shift.
  • Options
    Putting all those P2P characters in platoons is an unqualified disaster

I agree.
  • Options
    @Vampire_X

TB are supposed to be a team effort not a wallet effort: i keep farming for a toon, my guildmates goes for another toon and so on...

Peace
  • Options
    @Vampire_X

TB are supposed to be a team effort not a wallet effort: i keep farming for a toon, my guildmates goes for another toon and so on...

Peace

This too , we will have no choice but to accept it and move on.
  • Options
    CG is a business. So far, the tactic of including p2p toons in platoons has netted them larger profits. They'll stop doing it when it stops working.

I'm actually quite skeptical of that. People in my guild were once upon a time deliberately working on toons/ships that were weakpoints in platoon allocation and now they aren't because they realize there isn't any value in doing it.
  • Options
    I just wanted to thank you for putting Holdo in 3 or our platoons. Just keep moving those goal post farther and farther away. We love that as a community
  • Options
    I don't know why there's any surprise. They said it was going to work like this. Plus... there's never been a finish line in this game, just checkpoints along the way.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to LSTB section.
  • Options
    It would have been nice for her and Rose to appear in platoons that were low-tiered enough for the F2P people to participate. The P2P people should be fine and a lot of them probably burned through their crystals this morning to get both of the new Resistance ladies up to the appropriate level.

I have more concern about the JTRey, as she's only available via an event that shows no sign of returning anytime soon and many F2P players weren't able to get their Vets to a place where they could unlock her.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    I don't know why there's any surprise. They said it was going to work like this. Plus... there's never been a finish line in this game, just checkpoints along the way.

You can always have some whale join your guild, why complain?

And in case your sarcasm detector failed, yes, I am being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Next up they'll release a toon by putting it in platoons FIRST, then giving us the possibility of getting those shards.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    It's a money gold mine though

It is, but there is a line as Isaah pointed out directly above you. I, for one, am MUCH more likely to put money into a game that I don't feel is actively trying to kitten me over.

Well someone must be paying money cause they haven't changed adding brand new characters
  • Options
    Next up they'll release a toon by putting it in platoons FIRST, then giving us the possibility of getting those shards.

Hahahaha! Hahaha! Haha! Ha! ... ha ... ha? .... oh hell.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    @Vampire_X

Peace

Not all things will be accessible to everyone at launch, we all can understand that I think. The mobile platforms in general all function this way in one form or another. I can totally get the dislike or non approval of that.

Which is why the team looks at and listens to ideas vs (this is stupid, money grab, burn it all down!) being funny there, but ideas come from all over and sometimes the best idea is in the crowd and sometimes as a business it is a compromise of a great idea with a economical one , but we all want an amazing experence. No one has the game, or job, or ability to have this community if not.

Which is why the promotion of ideas beyond the hate or dislike is useful, dismissing good civil talks is how nothing changes and thats why I and we and others are trying more outreach not less :)

Hope we can get more ideas and concepts out there , not just accepted or changed necessarily but the flow of friendly ideas and to listen to every point of view (business, development, players free and paid) hopefully we can all make an impact on the community and game.

Thank you all for the ideas to come!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    Who thought it was a good idea to make the two newest toons required for platoon battles in TB when they literally just came out, thus either forcing players to pay to rank them to meet the requirements or not being able to complete the platoon? This is blatant money grabbing and I want to know why.
  • Options

They have already done that in DSTB with IPD needed the first week of DSTB. ROLO has been needed in LSTB as well.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »

I don’t see where anyone is saying it’s a grab for Rose or Holdo. All of the feedback is saying that every single toon that is released via a marquee event is immediately put into platoons at a level where you must spend money to get the toon leveled, and then can’t even use them in CM’s and see their new toy in action.

The vast majority of feedback on platoons is negative. Any post you look at is a sea of negative feedback. The posts that aren’t negative are more indifferent and just accepting of the situation for what it is. Nobody says “oh boy I’m so glad that my brand new toon is needed for my guild to complete a platoon! I sure can’t wait to waste them and not get to use them....”

Here’s some constructive feedbacks. Stop making new toons required in platoons. Until they are farmable, or even at least in chromiums, don’t require them. Or limit how many are needed. The claim is that any toon is free game in LSTB but why do I only see 1 CUP or Pao through 6 platoons but 5 JTR, a couple BB8’s and of course Rose and Holdo (new flavor of the week).

I understand whales and those that spend on this game do and should get first dibs at playing new content to its full potential. However LSTB isn’t new and has been around for months. It’s about time the goals posts stop moving and the “upper mid” tier of guilds get to start having the opportunity to 45/45 LSTB. Or at least come closer to it
  • Options
    Is this meant to be ? I have to pay money to fill platoons ? Seems broken.
  • Options
    Well for me, everything about how the P4+ platoons work now is pretty toxic. I'm not "surprised" as someone else described it - they said that they were gonna do this and they did. But at the time I also said exactly the same thing I say now: That this is a huge detriment for both the players and the developers.

It takes me eleven seconds to think about this system and say its dumb. But the developers are going to wait until its been in place for six months before someone admits that its decreasing engagement and hampering the desire to spend and that hey, maybe this wasn't a good idea. I get that, and I even get *why* that happens. But game designers and monetization designers would do well to recognize that sometimes you don't need to "wait and see" to confirm that an idea doesn't work.