Podracer Tournaments

So im not quite sure if this is the place to post this, I apologize in advance if it isnt but here goes

Remember Star Wars Racer on the N64? What if we had something similar in Galaxy of Heroes? Hear me out.

As we have ships we could maybe have pods as well but it works a bit different, every day or every so often players can sign up for tournaments with one of their pods that automatically races for you, can be either calculated by a AI or you can watch your pod race like the gang did in Episode 1, your pod can crash and burn, make it through to the goal or if lucky enough win first place, rewards would mostly be credits and either fleet tokens or get this, truguts, yeah remember those from the game? When we used those to buy parts for our pods? This can work the same here as well, using truguts to buy podracer parts, potentially pod blueprints and maybe character shards if the developers think its a good idea, if your pod crashes it remains damaged untill you pay a credit fee that increases the more stars and/or part level (like character gear level) it has, nothing too crazy maybe 100k per star or part level? The best thing is there are plenty of pods and if its really necessary, characters as well to add to this, different maps, tournaments the potential is endless, please let me know wether this is a good idea or not I would love to hear everyones opinion.

Replies

• Options
    I am quite a new player of the GoH world, but I have played a lot of lego star wars. one of my favorite parts of that is podracing. And I would love to see a pod race of some sorts on this game. I love the game
  • Options
    This has one significant problem: it would be basically a whole new game system inside this one, so it would mean loads of extra coding. If they add any new game modes, I think it will all be just a twist on the basic squad-fighting formula, as they already have the framework for that.
  • Options
    You have a point CorgiWolf, I failed to consider that, a shame though the idea sounded better in my head than in reality.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.

• Options
    It would almost certainly be easier to just make it it's own app, which I would not be opposed to playing. I had a podracing game on the Gameboy and it was so frustrating, but really fun.
  • Options
    Sounds like an entirely different game
  • Options
    Don't.

These pod racers will have 'equipment' or mods.

And only the whales will have +120 mods on them.

No thank ya
  • Options
    As long as it's based around the first game where if you boost speed it hurts your handling. Couldn't stand the second one. Where you just maxed you pod without having any negative stats.