Can we get a change to how Tenacity Up & "unresistable" work to stop the OP ability race

Anrath
216 posts Member
edited February 2018
So assuming what media creators said about how potency & tenacity work (which they said they got from EA), then there normally is a check for a buff to apply that has the Chance:
C = 100% + (Attacker_Potency - Defender_Tenacity)
or
C = 100% + (Pa - Td)

Right now Tenacity Up bypasses this by setting Td to max (999999% or something silly like that).
And "unresistable" flag on abilities seem to just set C = +100% no matter what the Td value is.

I suggest that EA changes the logic to use the standard potency vs tenacity checks for every toon, and make Tenacity Up add +200% tenacity and change "unresistable" flag on abilities to just be a +150% potency buff (perhaps one that doesn't shown up above the toons head).

If you run the numbers with regular toons, fully tenacity modded regular toons, Thrawn/CLS/Kannan toons (without and with tenacity mods), and all previous 3 with tenacity up buffs VS regular & "unresisstable" attackers with regular & max potency modding , you will see that it will work like it does currently expect for special cases like Rex with all Tenacity mods , Thrawn/CLS/Kannan with decent tenacity, and situations where attacker has very low potency but has the +150% potency buff (formerly "unresistable").

This will allow EA to prevent silly OP ability creep, keep from breaking recent toons abilities with new OP toon abilities, make tenacity mods actually be useful it select situations, make things more interesting and shall I say ... fairer. All good things imo from both a developer and player perspective!

Look forward to hearing comments from EA/CG on this suggestion.

Thank you. :)

p.s. Is that better?
Post edited by Anrath on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    While I do understand what you mean by the numbers, the real advantage that will never be achieved through math to unresistable attacks is to avoid RNG. That makes them great and should stay.

I agree that they could rework the whole tenacity/potency setup to make tenacity matter. that would be great.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    RNG I think is a 15% unchangable failure rate that "unresistable" also bypasses afaik. And sure, that could stay as well.... just hope "they" see the benefit of not bypassing the potency vs tenacity check but instead making it more reasonable. And making very high tenacity ability toons able to resist currently "unresistable" effects at a appropriate rate.