Attacking outside your payout time makes you a kitten lover

2Next

Replies

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Im only in the 150 range so this doesnt really apply to me but Im going to say it anyway:

I dont understand this at all. Its not competetive. Its fixed. How can it be competative arena if the fix is in? They need to reshuffle shards every week. It would increase their bottom line because people would actually have to spend more to get better or more teams to actually compete. They would have to switch teams out more often. I actually saw someone complain the other day because their team that they havent changed in months got "sniped" by someone outside their gang with a better newer team.

It doesnt make financial sense for EA. It doesnt make competitive sense for gaming or "sport..." I just dont understand it. I guess that means I am officially old.
  • Options
    I love listening to people complain about this. As a long time gamer this is the best thing to do. Attacking people to keep them from getting better rewards is and should be everyone's goal. You can advance and they cannot. That is not being a pain or whatever you said. That is being a true competitive gamer.
  • Options
    I love listening to people complain about this. As a long time gamer this is the best thing to do. Attacking people to keep them from getting better rewards is and should be everyone's goal. You can advance and they cannot. That is not being a pain or whatever you said. That is being a true competitive gamer.

Not necessarily. Like @JacenRoe said, teamwork IS the modern competitive gaming:
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Play the game as it is.
    Forget the 'payout' Concord and Line groups.
    Forget the structure with strangers.
    Forget agreement and reason.
    Fight.
    Fight with what you've built.
    What you've built with YOUR time and YOUR emotion.
    At any time.
    If you can snipe first at payout, you deserve first rewards.
    If you want to get your rank lower after payout, keep going.
    That's how it's designed. That's the intention.
    That is competition. You don't get extra crystals for favors.

Ask yourself, "how would this play out if there were no forums or chats?", and you were forced to play the game as it's presented to you, by yourself.

That is all.

Sincerely,

'Richard'

And everyone in the chat you want to forget will ask, "who is this random guy hitting everyone at random payout times all day? Let's all gang up on him so he never sees the light of day again."
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    Someone insert a Power of Friendship meme please.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I struggle with this a bit...I agree with the OP to an extent, but at the same time it's player v player and that means no holds barred. If people want to camp on rank that's their right in a competitive game. No one is owed or guaranteed a certain rank cause it's their payout time. Just go kick his rear end right back :)

Are you going to tell me you're not on a shardchat?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    HahahahA, because we can see clearly what times everyone’s payout is. Every day I climb to roughly 500-600 and every day the AI proves it is stupid because I wake up at rank 1140 or 1246 and do it all over again. It’s no big deal, just play. There is no entitlement to your rank.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    HahahahA, because we can see clearly what times everyone’s payout is. Every day I climb to roughly 500-600 and every day the AI proves it is **** because I wake up at rank 1140 or 1246 and do it all over again. It’s no big deal, just play. There is no entitlement to your rank.

i wonder if you still feel the same way after getting sniped from #1 to #5 seconds before your pay-out by someone who definately isn't on the same pay-out.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    HahahahA, because we can see clearly what times everyone’s payout is. Every day I climb to roughly 500-600 and every day the AI proves it is **** because I wake up at rank 1140 or 1246 and do it all over again. It’s no big deal, just play. There is no entitlement to your rank.

i wonder if you still feel the same way after getting sniped from #1 to #5 seconds before your pay-out by someone who definately isn't on the same pay-out.

That’s why I make sure I wait until the last 6 minutes and make sure I am locked in combat at payout. I randomly select whomever and just let the timer run down without attacking so it’s a draw and I preserve my rank and the person I am in combat with’s rank.

With all the folks playing this game from all over the world and not speaking the same language to boot, I can’t control my shard or the people on it. CG thinks it’s funny to watch the world burn, rather than fix the payout or base it on highest rank held that day. Instead we are stuck with 1980’s video game payouts.

And, Leef, I do understand yours and everyone’s frustration about Rogue players ruining the nice little payouts at #1. But seeing the same 24 guys every day, every hour, collecting that payout and developing their collection well beyond anything I have without giving CG more of my money than I already do is pretty frustrating as well.
    Post edited by ChickenFett139 on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

That’s why I make sure I wait until the last 6 minutes and make sure I am locked in combat at payout. I randomly select whomever and just let the timer run down without attacking so it’s a draw and I preserve my rank and the person I am in combat with’s rank.

With all the folks playing this game from all over the world and not speaking the same language to boot, I can’t control my shard or the people on it. CG thinks it’s funny to watch the world burn, rather than fix the payout or base it on highest rank held that day. Instead we are stuck with 1980’s video game payouts.

And, Leef, I do understand yours and everyone’s frustration about Rogue players ruining the nice little payouts at #1. But seeing the same 24 guys every day, every hour, collecting that payout and developing their collection well beyond anything I have without giving CG more of my money than I already do is pretty frustrating as well.

The way it works favours co-operation between players eventhough one could argue they're in competition with eachother. I'm aware that this isn't "a thing" for anyone outside of the top50/100, but for players that compete for top ranks each day it's one of the most, if not the most important source of income. There's a large difference between getting 500 crystals daily and getting 250 crystals daily eventhough they're just 1 attack appart, so players in that possition will have strong opinions.
    Personally i wouldn't give a flying fudge about outside of pay-out sniping, or the otherside; shardcollusion, if i wasn't in the top20 myself. I'd probably be amused aswell by people complaining about either one of those issues. (Un)fortunately i'm in the top20, so i will have to find a way to deal with both. Wich is going great, so i can't really complain tbh. Didn't mean for it to sound like a complaint, just tried to offer a different perspective.
  • TlMMEH
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Any time somebody seems to be racing me / sniping me back down- i give them their space, let them go the next rung down and then hit the spot they just left. swapping back and forth doesn't help anybody.
  • Options
    Sniping is also incredibly fun. It is frowned upon... but hey, when in rome...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Sniping is also incredibly fun. It is frowned upon... but hey, when in rome...

i don't think sniping in itself is frowned upon, but sniping outside of your pay-out to annoy others is. In most situations it is frowned up on to take pleasure in preventing others from succeeding without any real benefit in doing so.
    (one could argue that preventing others from gaining more crystals is beneficial for one's competative position, but in in the grand scheme of things it isn't really beneficial at all)