Fastest rebel farm

Hello guys!

First of all see my roster here: https://swgoh.gg/u/switcheroo/collection/

The EP event is coming up. So I started concentrating my farming to finish Ezra to 7*. Then I realized that I'm using Boba who is not a rebel... -.-

So my arena team (highest toons) atm is as follows: Lando, Boba, STH, Biggs, Ezra
They are 7* and Ezra is 7/100.
So now I'm saving all crystals for cantina refreshes and dumping everything in Ezra so I can get him ASAP to 7*.

So please help me do the math. If I understand correctly I get 550 cantina energy every day if I get 2 refreshes (I might be able to get 3 sometimes). So to get the 83 missing shards for Ezra with 33% drop rate it means 83*8*3= roughly 2000 energy or 4 days. So I would have 10 days left until the end of the EP event.

Now I need another rebel... As far as I can tell I have these options:

1. After I'm done with Ezra go for Wedge (which would be my next farm anyway). I just doubt that there is enough time to get him to 7*. He is at 42/80 so I would need 288 (?) more shards so that would be 288*3*10= roughly 8640 energy so that means 16 days.
2. Use cantina currency to buy Chopper shards. He is 4* 35/65 right now but I will need him eventually for Phoenix anyway.
3. Buy Ackbar shards in fleet and arena store. He is 4* 5/65. Not my favorite option because it would slow down other farms.

So which would be my fastest rebel farm? Is it even possible to get one to 7* (without spending real money) before Feb 14th when the EP event ends? Is my math flawed? Please advise.

Thank you for your time!

Replies

• Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Switcheroo wrote: »
    So which would be my fastest rebel farm? Is it even possible to get one to 7* (without spending real money) before Feb 14th when the EP event ends? Is my math flawed? Please advise.Thank you for your time!

One, yes. Two, probably not. You get 5 cantina energy per hour and 100 per Refresh. Makes 320 per day, not 550. So, yes, your math is wrong.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I 'll let you to the pathway leading to Emperor..
    The event is easy. with lando sth biggs ready, you need just 2 random guys to fill the squad.
    1. farm ezra or whatever 8 energy rebel character . you will certainly finish him in time. 2 refresh = 120+120+45+120=405energy. yes this math is right. divide by 8 it's roughly 50 attempts. even if your drop rate is as terrible as 20%, that is 10 shards a day. 8 day farm at the worst.

2. in squad arena shop finish sthan obviously
    i have no idea of your rank but you get 200 from daily mission. factor that in your calculation. if your han is 0/100, and if your rank earns 600 token a day, 600+200=800token =10 shard a day. 10 day farm.

3. in gw farm bohdi.
    Edit: actually, no. assuming he is at 0 shards it will take 330÷15=22days

4. in cantina token store farm whatever rebel in there that is closest to 7*. this is just failproof excess farming
    Edit: this is not failproof because you can't get bohdi. it all comes down to whether you can finish chopper in time.
    in 8 energy node you earn 13 token.
    you will spend 405 energy
    so that earns 405÷8×13 token
    divide it by 400. multiply by 5.
    that is 8.xx and that is the average number of shards you farm thru cantina shop. daily.
    multiply the figure by remaining days. roughly 10 days left.
    8x10=80
    if that figure is more than the remaining shards for chopper you are good.
    but you need 30+85+100=215shards..
    so you won't make chopper in time.
    aim for 6 star
    maybe you should use arena token for ackbar to make him 6* if that is possible.
    Edit:just found your zeb is 3*. that is 50~79 shards.you need 251~280 shards. takes 17~19 days. that is not possible.
    but for 6*, you need 151~180 shards.
    that takes 11~13 days. possible if your zeb is not 0/30.

conclusion: ezra from cantina
    zeb from gw
    7* is impossible this time around. aim for 6*
    Post edited by Anakin_Skywalker on
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!

My STHan is actually 7* just waiting for the creds to upgrade.

So only one more toon needed. I will just keep trying Chopper and Ackbar, whoever ends up being higher by the time.

Zeb is 3* 20/30, I really think Chopper in Cantina store or Ackbar in Fleet + Arena + Guild event store will be faster. And they are useful toons also in the future.

If it is only 6* EP in the end well then so be it...
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Peer wrote: »
    So which would be my fastest rebel farm? Is it even possible to get one to 7* (without spending real money) before Feb 14th when the EP event ends? Is my math flawed? Please advise.Thank you for your time!

One, yes. Two, probably not. You get 5 cantina energy per hour and 100 per Refresh. Makes 320 per day, not 550. So, yes, your math is wrong.

You also get one 45 energy bonus per day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bosphorath_Meldibar
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, and StHan are basically free, I have no idea why anyone has them at less than 7*. They're the easiest squad to get to 7* in the entire game.
  • Options
    Have you considered that some of us haven't started playing so long ago? I just started mid-December...
  • Options
    I did something like 63 Hera shards with 2 days/15 hours remaining on Thrawn as 100% f2p. It's definitely possible.
  • Options

The cost of the refresh is 100 crystals, you get 120 energy per refresh. Plus, you get a bonus 45 energy once per day. Works out to 405 energy every day.
  • Options
    Wedge, Biggs, Lando, Leia, and StHan are basically free, I have no idea why anyone has them at less than 7*. They're the easiest squad to get to 7* in the entire game.

I’m level 80 and don’t have wedge or Lando since they’re unnecessary for me right now with the teams I run. I prefer to spend cantina energy on mods challenges

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    YKMisfit wrote: »

The cost of the refresh is 100 crystals, you get 120 energy per refresh. Plus, you get a bonus 45 energy once per day. Works out to 405 energy every day.

Ha the "your math is wrong" person got the math wrong.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well whether or not you believe ackbar or chopper will be ready in time, I recommend you keep farming zeb from gw in the meanwhile
  • Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing anyway. However, I can't clear all 12 nodes every day lately. So GW is not such a fast farm for me at the moment. I think once I get Wedge up and running I should be able to clear more.
  • Options
    So just to give some feedback, I managed to get Ackbar to 6* so I got EP at 6* also. Thanks again for the help!
  • Options

I’m level 80 and don’t have wedge or Lando since they’re unnecessary for me right now with the teams I run. I prefer to spend cantina energy on mods challenges

While challenge farming is a necessary chore, the sad part is when you realize that 95% of those mods are trash and that your best mods almost always come from the Mod Shop.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    But that's only because you pick and choose from the mod shop. Think of all the mods you didn't buy. 95% of those are also trash.

Ok maybe 90% ;)
  • Options
    Even if the mods end up being useless selling them gives you a lot of gold. Win win, since if they’re good I’ll just level them up. I haven’t bought a single mod from the mod shop since they all look pretty trash.