TW Compassion

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The silly part is the fix would be relatively simple - just make sure that opposing guilds (apart from all the other algorithms) are within "X" number of active players of each other.

That way, you don't end up with disproportionately strong guilds with fewer players facing a large number of under-powered players. It seems odd that they didn't take that into account - especially when they made such a big deal about G12 was so much stronger than any other gear level.

Something in this game wasn't sufficiently tested before being rolled out??? Color me shocked....

....or not.

youd still have to take into GP though. for argument purposes you can have both guilds register 10 people. one guild has 20m gp and the other less than 10m. that still isnt fair
  • Options
    Nadebotfm wrote: »
    The silly part is the fix would be relatively simple - just make sure that opposing guilds (apart from all the other algorithms) are within "X" number of active players of each other.

That way, you don't end up with disproportionately strong guilds with fewer players facing a large number of under-powered players. It seems odd that they didn't take that into account - especially when they made such a big deal about G12 was so much stronger than any other gear level.

Something in this game wasn't sufficiently tested before being rolled out??? Color me shocked....

....or not.

youd still have to take into GP though. for argument purposes you can have both guilds register 10 people. one guild has 20m gp and the other less than 10m. that still isnt fair

He said apart from all the other algorithms.

so including the systems in place already which would mean it would still check GP which is supposed to include having no more than 10m difference.
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    We keep loosing but or opposing guild is usually close to 10mil gp less then us

do they have more people register than you?

Don't think you can tell that. Maybe my guild just isn't active enough idk or just bad at fighting lol
  • Options
    We keep loosing but or opposing guild is usually close to 10mil gp less then us

do they have more people register than you?

Don't think you can tell that. Maybe my guild just isn't active enough idk or just bad at fighting lol

yea you can. You go by how many people your guild had registered divided by 2. if the amount of defence teams allowed is less or more than that you get a gauge on how many the other guild has
  • Options

It's not the number of players, or even raw GP, that is an accurate metric; it need to account for things like number of zeta'd toons, gear 12 toons, etc. Few players with better rosters can field more/better teams than more players with weaker rosters.
  • Options

It's not the number of players, or even raw GP, that is an accurate metric; it need to account for things like number of zeta'd toons, gear 12 toons, etc. Few players with better rosters can field more/better teams than more players with weaker rosters.

totally agree about the number of G12 players and zetas. wonder how hard that would be though to create an algorithm
  • GGYY
    47 posts Member
    Options

I wholely support this. The fact is gp was originally designed for TB, it's never meant to be a metric of combat prowess. In fact I'd argue the long term arena rank averages of a guild probably correlate a lot better with TW results. The longer you stay at top of arena, the more resources you have to build raid teams, pilots, fleet, alternative arena teams...Etc.

As a guild we have beaten those with higher gp in tw, but we have never defeated any guild with a lower average arena rank.
  • Options

totally agree about the number of G12 players and zetas. wonder how hard that would be though to create an algorithm

Would be very hard i figure.. remember the time they need to fix daily ticket counter? U just have one job.. one job :dizzy:
  • Mosus12
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    We are a guild of 90-100M GP and maybe one or two times had these problems. For sure I only know one time against, but we are participating with at least 45 everytime. But still...the last TW a guild with 3M more active GP just defeated the half of our squads, what seems to be very ckear to me. So it doesn't need to be completely broken...but yes GP comparison based on the registered members would work better
  • Options
    I’m an officer in a 128m gp guild. Since we crossed the 120m barrier we’ve had REALLY close, well-matched opponents. So I can say that from our experience, TW matching is working ok.
  • Options
    The best way to fix this is just to place guilds in their own bracket regardless of active players. Either have everyone participate or you're at a disadvantage against a guild who is just as "powerful" as you are.
  • Options
    We've had two matched teams - that is - it was close and it just came down to the end. We had three ties - it doesn't matter if that was matched or not - it's hard to say when you just demolish one another with ease.

The rest have all been weighted one way or the other. Either we've steamrolled poor guilds or gotten demolished ourselves.

Maybe that's the fun of being in that quasi middle level of guilds, IDK.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

That could already be being taken into account. First off, zetas and gear affect GP. Secondly, we have no idea what the metrics are - but it does seem fairly clear that total number of participants is NOT being accounted for accurately.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    There's no Matchmaking in BF2. So, I guess, the fact they even gave it a shot here in SW:GOH means... something.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice