Gear requests

So this has been an issue for some time. And while I do see some use to the gear request system. Overall it feels very flawed. Mainly due to the fact that there isn’t enough variety of gear, and that every character basically uses the same gear. I have been playing the game since release, and every time I go to donate gear I’m scrolling through requests seeing <50 of every piece requested. And it’s all gear I need too. This is a major flaw imo. Though I realize fixing this issue would require a massive overhaul on the gear system. Which just isn’t going to happen. So I guess this is just a venting post at the end of the day really. I just wish I could help people out without completely harming myself, and vice versa for others helping me out.

Replies

• Stratarious
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I would like see a system exchange set up so you exchange alot of the gear you collect during your daily's. To have 4k of a piece of gear no character uses or needs any more and no way to exchange for something you can use or sale it seems like a waist of time and materials.
  • Options
    I would like see a system exchange set up so you exchange alot of the gear you collect during your daily's. To have 4k of a piece of gear no character uses or needs any more and no way to exchange for something you can use or sale it seems like a waist of time and materials.

Absolutely. This is another implication of the point I made. Gear, at the moment, is very bottlenecked. Everyone and every character basically needs the same things. So we are having to donate rare gear that we need. While we have other pieces of gear accumulating into the thousands. It’s a broken system.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    I'd like if they added a new gear item or two that use up several hundred of the type of items that we gather thousands of instead of 50 stun gun salvage.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'd like if they added a new gear item or two that use up several hundred of the type of items that we gather thousands of instead of 50 stun gun salvage.

Yes. This. Would be tough to implement on existing characters. But new characters they could easily do this with. And I agree, I would like to see this. Stun guns. Czerka cuffs. Etc. my nemesis.