Crackling Doom negatively impact Krennic Stagger now.

Hello there,

Palpatine and Krennic used to have a pretty interesting synergy in the fact that Crackling Doom used to trigger Krennic AOE Stagger.

With the change to Crackling Doom triggering at the START of the enemy turn instead of at the END of Palpatine's turn we now can no longer trigger Stagger with Crackling Doom.

Many tactics revolved around it as far as I am concerned, it was a way to prevent others characters from playing too soon and made Krennic very useful with Palpatine.

Now what happens is that Crackling Doom is no longer an AOE and individually hit the enemy affected by it at the start of its own turn which makes Stagger stay on him and when you get to play he's already low on TM since he just played thus even if you hit him it doesn't remove much TM.

Even the new Zeta Palpatine lead doesn't make up for the TM loss on Stagger, at least as far as I can test it. And Crackling Doom Zeta is only good in the fact that it increase Palpatine's protection, otherwise even with the better damages on a couple characters cumulating jedi+rebel it is a change for the worse regardless of Stagger. You can no longer finish off opponents with it because they get to play and heal/purge their eventual damages.

Thoughts?

TLDR : Crackling Doom is worse for Stagger and has now many downsides on its own. Krennic got indirectly nerfed by the Change. Palp Zeta does not make up for the TM loss and previous capability to finish off opponents.

Replies

• Options
    Sounds unnatural hmm
  • Options
    True... By changing it to the start of the enemy turn instead of the end of EP's turn, the stagger mechanics aren't the same anymore. But it's still a good combo that had a lot of potential. I ran both, and I'm ok with the changes.
  • Teweedo
    39 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    True... By changing it to the start of the enemy turn instead of the end of EP's turn, the stagger mechanics aren't the same anymore. But it's still a good combo that had a lot of potential. I ran both, and I'm ok with the changes.

Fair enough. To me it made my team overall worse even with Zeta so it's a bit of a let down. For a rework I was expecting things to get drastically better, not marginally better or worse.

Palpatine also lost quite a punch on his burst as a result (when leading).