Chewie or Poe?

Why is Poe more highly regarded than Chewie? Chewie has a taunt, does decent DPS, has higher health, and has a self-heal. Poe has a debuff and a 2 turn taunt and does decent DPS. I'm not familiar enough with the game to understand the leaning towards Poe. Anyone care to explain it for me? I currently have Chewie at level 63, 4 stars, gear level 6 (2 slots to gear level 7) and Poe at level 52, 3stars, gear level 4. I stopped leveling Poe because I felt Chewie's upside was greater.

Replies

• Options
    Chewie is terrible in arena because he is far too slow. Poe is fast, so can get his taunt off much quicker, helping to protect your team. If you use Chewie at higher levels, most of your characters will be dead before he gets to go, so becomes useless. Also Poe removes turn meter from the enemy, meaning your characters are able to take their turns faster. Furthermore, Poe can inflict expose, which means that if you attack a character with expose, then they lose 20% of their max health; so he helps on offense too. Furthermore, Chewie's self heal is useless because with all the high damage attackers around, he'll still be dead in 2 or three big hits. Early on in the game (up to about level 55) Chewie is better because the attackers won't be doing anyway near as much damage, however, in the long run, he really drops off and isn't good at all.