The empire still needs a handle on how it works.

Xerrath
177 posts Member
edited February 2018
I love the ds character in the game but I unfortunately the most prolific villains the galaxy has ever known are still underwhelming. Palpatine although does get some stacking prot his base armor and prot are still so low that many characters are removing him before he can attack anyone. And Vader is definitely the stronger of the two reworks but still without solid characters as backup he is still a bit lackluster. These implementations have not altered or changed the state of the arena map in the least. I will admit they did for a day or so before people realized they went from 12 to 130 overnight. I am happy to see the work being done to try and help the ds have a place in arena but unfortunately this attempt fell short. Let hope the new sith coming later in the month as well as any ds new character will be a worthwhile investment.

Replies

• Options
    Not true not true and not true once again
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

There are some decent comps coming out and holding. Yes not overwhelming but arena viable.
  • Options
    Ok ty was not saying they are bad just a bit of a letdown from what I was hoping is all will be amazing for Tb and Tw just arena will require a cookie cutter team and stil jtr teams eat them like butter
  • JakeC
    149 posts Member
    Options
    Even CLS teams can beat them
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

There are some decent comps coming out and holding. Yes not overwhelming but arena viable.

It's Vader and Palpatine we are talking about here! The coming Sith characters should not be more powerful at the expense of Palpader! If some unknown "Mary Sue" or Luke who got his whiny bum kicked in ESB can dominate the meta, why can't Vader and Palpatine? Oh wait, i forgot... the undying LS love!

Because Luke or jtr never dominated the meta on their own. They always had a team of top tier characters they worked well with.

Palpatine and Vader don't have that really.

If they had a top tier tank with pretaunt that was Sith or empire Vader and Palpatine would be meta. Without that no matter how you rework them the best they will do is replace thrawn in a jtr team.
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »

It's Vader and Palpatine we are talking about here! The coming Sith characters should not be more powerful at the expense of Palpader! If some unknown "Mary Sue" or Luke who got his whiny bum kicked in ESB can dominate the meta, why can't Vader and Palpatine? Oh wait, i forgot... the undying LS love!

Because Luke or jtr never dominated the meta on their own. They always had a team of top tier characters they worked well with.

If they had a top tier tank with pretaunt that was Sith or empire Vader and Palpatine would be meta. Without that no matter how you rework them the best they will do is replace thrawn in a jtr team.

For the pre taunt they have shore trooper but his single hard mode farm takes 6-8 months
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not saying they become part of the meta, or have any prayer of doing so, but you can't cite the meta report after what...two days?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

So currently we have only two top end meta DS characters: Thrawn and Talzin, against six top end meta LS characters: CLS, JTR, GK, R2, BB-8, raid Han! Conclusion: Palpader's rework does nothing to make them viable on par with CLS and JTR! https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

And let's take a look at effort to acquire:

R2 - five 7* toons
    CLS - nine 7* toons (the five for R2 + Leia, Old Ben, Farmboy, STH)
    GK - between 33 and 56 HAAT completions
    Raid Han - between 33 and 330 HPit completions
    BB-8 - five 7* toons (including some pretty long hard-node-only farms until recently)
    JTR - nine 7* toons (the five for BB-8 + Scav Rey, Finn, and two 16 energy cantina farms...)

Now compare that to:

EP - Five rebels (and a relatively unchallenging event)
    Darth Vader - Just play the game long enough and you'll get there

Frankly, it would be disappointing if those two characters comprised the basis of a meta that could put JTR and CLS out of business in arena based on the level of effort required to obtain Hero's Journey toons.

That said, I agree there is no viable DS counterpart to the current LS hegemony. Hopefully the changes to EP and DV provide prologue for what's to come, either in the way of Sith Raid rewards or a new Villain's Journey...maybe a nice tanky slayer of younglings.
  • Options

So currently we have only two top end meta DS characters: Thrawn and Talzin, against six top end meta LS characters: CLS, JTR, GK, R2, BB-8, raid Han! Conclusion: Palpader's rework does nothing to make them viable on par with CLS and JTR! https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/10/

I think you're kind of cherry picking things here. BB-8 is only strong because of Rey and R2, and Rey is only as strong as she is because of BB-8 and R2. R2 is only as strong as he is because his aoe stealth counters CLS, and because of BB-8 and Rey

I'd argue that ventress is definately a top tier character. She's the best buff dispeller in the game, has a good chance of stunt on basic, and can build up absurd amounts of offense in a good lineup. Would also argue that wampa is a top tier attacker and

3/4 pre taunter a are dark side (zombie, shore, and unmasked kylo vs Baze).

Only two annihilate abilities are dark side (nihilus and IPD)

Only two aoe increase cooldowns are dark side (nihilus and deathtrooper)

Dark side has gotten plenty of love over the course of this game. The issue is that they've made most of the good darkside characters hard to farm
  • Options
    Using EMPIRE Requires brain, intelligence, strategy, they are hard to use on Manual, using REBELS, Resistance or Nightsisters just requires to put broken characters in a team an press AUTO button, that is why l like them, but they are weak on defence as the AI is awful.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »
    Using EMPIRE Requires brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXHTJ5v4B5I
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH